What's the latest on D'Anfre McGriff

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Has anyone ever wondered how much the reporters for a certain school effect the recruits opinion of that school? Just seems like UF always has some real "heavy set" pasty white guys and gals interviewing the prospects. I would think an 17 or 18 year old athlete would rather talk to an attractive girl or at least a guy who's not a fat @ss or has a bowl cut. I may be way off base but every time I see an interview including one of them I get that feeling. Makes me wonder what a recruit thinks about a school when he always sees those people representing that school to a sense. Maybe coach Mac can recruit some more appealing "recruiting reporters".

Then you top it off with a fat pasty S&C coach and it makes no sense.

CaribGator

Founding Member
Snappy for Nappy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
This will be excellent news if true.

Three new power backs, baby!

Because we don't have a quarterback, we can run the triple option. We have one sure win with that scheme, because dawgchamp is still overwhelmed with it.

GBHOR

Its Not Awful
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
Because we don't have a quarterback, we can run the triple option. We have one sure win with that scheme, because dawgchamp is still overwhelmed with it.
Midline gets thrown off

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

NCOGator

Sep 5, 2014
Ok update, was just chatting back and forth with Spivey and he seems to think even though he passed the ACT he will still be short on credits possibly.
So if it is credits that he is short, could he get those before Fall or even Spring Season kicks in? With online schooling being the way it is today it should be pretty easy right?

Ray Finkle

Fallen Mod
Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
As much of a sweaty chode as Spivey is, he's probably right. There have been many cases where kids meet NCAA standards but not those of UF admissions. I wanted him right out of high school and probably want him here even more now, but I would be shocked if he got in. Credit to him though; he has clearly worked very hard to get his scores up and I really hope for him and our team he can reach his goal of becoming a Gator. The kid is a freak athlete that would help us out a lot.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
This. I'm more than happy if we just get McGriff. He is a stud. You can't teach speed AND power. I like his tape as well as anyone I've seen in HS recently, maybe since Richardson.
Not to mention he obviously wants to be a gator. I'd like to have ncm but the diva act is getting old.

Oklahoma Gator

Lifetime Member
Nov 18, 2015
He would make an awesome TE.. He'd be a cherry on top of this recruiting class. I wonder how he would be short on credits if that's the reason you go to a prep school

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
...I wanted him right out of high school and probably want him here even more now, but I would be shocked if he got in...

Perv ...

200.gif

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
UF admissions should be the same as the NCAA's. For football anyway. Level the frickin' playing field. It's just asinine that a kid can't get in because of our academics then ends up at a competitor (in state no less). Dante Culpepper comes to mind. Div 1 football is a business. Recognize that and move on.

ufgator2002

Bleeds Orange and Blue
Aug 11, 2014
Has anyone ever wondered how much the reporters for a certain school effect the recruits opinion of that school? Just seems like UF always has some real "heavy set" pasty white guys and gals interviewing the prospects. I would think an 17 or 18 year old athlete would rather talk to an attractive girl or at least a guy who's not a fat @ss or has a bowl cut. I may be way off base but every time I see an interview including one of them I get that feeling. Makes me wonder what a recruit thinks about a school when he always sees those people representing that school to a sense. Maybe coach Mac can recruit some more appealing "recruiting reporters".

So very true on that, and they always seem also like if you question them in any way you have committed a mortal sin and they swell up even more..

rockinchair

Dec 11, 2015
Zach's not optimistic either. This blows if true. Hopefully it all works out. He and Thompson both sound like absolute studs. Would love to get them both.
Screen Shot 2015-12-23 at 3.31.13 PM.png .

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.