When Franks sucks next game - play EJ or Trask?

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Not even remotely. Get your wife to explain it to you sweetheart.
Here I'll spell it out for you...
UGA 36 total points...10 off turnovers....36-10=26
UF 17 total points....missed TD=7....int. instead of FG=3....7+3=10 17+10=27
Final score without Franks mistake/turnovers....
UF27
UGA26
Make sense now or do I need to get my 5th grade Son to explain it???

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Your assumption are the problem. You are just making up wishful best case outcomes based on feelings rather than anything resembling logic. Let me clue you in. Points off turnovers don’t stand alone like some sort of magical gift. For instance you don’t get to assume a zero instead of a three simply because they got the ball on a turnover. And you don’t get to assume made FGs that we never attempted. Any play gets changed and all kinds of things change. Hell, if we had taken a nice lead they might just as well started throwing the ball earlier in the game, realized how easy it was, and hung 50 on us.

gatorgrad'02

Aug 10, 2015
I was unable to watch this game and I DVR’d it. But I was told by a bunch of people to not even bother watching the game.

So since I didn’t see it, why in the hell was McWilliams even on the field? Was there a reason?

To be fair, the goal line stand is worth a look.

As much criticism as McWilliams is getting (and deservingly so), Grantham didn’t do him and the rest of a thin DB unit many favors with the coverage calls, in my opinion. Would have liked to see more zone and less predictable blitzing.

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
Here I'll spell it out for you...
UGA 36 total points...10 off turnovers....36-10=26
UF 17 total points....missed TD=7....int. instead of FG=3....7+3=10 17+10=27
Final score without Franks mistake/turnovers....
UF27
UGA26
Make sense now or do I need to get my 5th grade Son to explain it???

You do realize if you take out any one play of a game.....every single play after it is altered as well?

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
This thread sounds like the dawgs the past 2 weeks. They literally wanted Fromm benched and Fields handed the keys.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
We can get by with Franks and use Emory in the last two. Trask may get some snaps against the hoe of Ida.

Floridagator

Founding Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
He had a really bad game, but so did virtually everyone. Aside from the brief moment we led in the second half, we were constantly trying to counter them. And when they needed a drive, the drove it down our throats, once throwing it to the same TE four plays in a row, for which we had no answer. So while I'm not denying he played poorly, I don't think we win even if he plays better because we couldn't stop them in the critical situations. Just a bad game all around.
I disagree. Momentum changes things. We missed a wide open TD to start followed by a fumble. That's two games in a row where we could've made a statement but instead $**t the bed. Franks worries me but probably still our best option. Get EJ some reps.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Why is everyone (other than Donkey) totally convinced that Trask would absolutely implode if he was put on the field? What do you think he would do, or not do, that is worse than Franks?

I'd like to see him get a shot.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I think it's clear what we have with Franks. He's obviously not the future but at the same point you still wanna win 9 or 10 games if you can. At some point they're gonna have to see what they really have with EJ or even trask in case we want to take a transfer this off season. Tough call because we can still have a respectable season with Franks

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
We should just make an ***Official Trash Truther*** thread for each week.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
There's a reason why Franks is playing and Trask is not. What bothers some of us is we can't know exactly why. And so we are asked to trust, which doesn't come easy under these circumstances.

Mullen has a helluva lot invested in Franks, who according to reports has worked hard to improve and impressed his teammates in the process. Mullen better have a compelling reason to change because Franks has allies in that lockerroom and a change is going to come under lots of scrutiny.

Sometimes you go with with what you know, other times your gut. Mullen may be relying on both.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
What do you think he would do, or not do, that is worse than Franks?
I don't get it....you love Mullen but you don't trust his decision with the QB's??? BTW remember when Donkey and a few others were lobbying for Treon over WG? I also remember people calling for Morningwood when Murphy hit his ceiling in 2013.....

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Answer the question instead of acting like a jerk.
Because he would have years of catching up to do. It would take him a year or two to get used to high school defenses, much less even cupcake college defenses.

That doesnt even take into account Trash simply doesnt have the skills to be a college football player, much less a QB in an option offense.

In the end, only Mullinz opinion matters. He obviously isnt interested in playing our third string QB.

He is one of the long list of Butters' players who should have never been on our roster and wouldnt have been FBS players otherwise.

Hang tough, bud. Things are looking up.

Last edited:

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I don't get it....you love Mullen but you don't trust his decision with the QB's??? BTW remember when Donkey and a few others were lobbying for Treon over WG? I also remember people calling for Morningwood when Murphy hit his ceiling in 2013.....
All I said is I'd like to see Trask get a shot. We know what we've got in Franks at this point.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Sometimes you go with with what you know, other times your gut. Mullen may be relying on both.
I'm ok with that this year but if he rolls Franks out there next year week after week performing the same as this year then I will have an issue....

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
All I said is I'd like to see Trask get a shot. We know what we've got in Franks at this point.
I understand but Mullen knows how to coach around Franks and lets be realistic if Trask had that much upside I would trust that Mullen would have already given him the reigns or at least some reps like he did EJ.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.