When Franks sucks next game - play EJ or Trask?

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I'm ok with that this year but if he rolls Franks out there next year week after week performing the same as this year then I will have an issue....
Scant chance that happens. Mullen's offense is quarterback-centric. He's going to be continually recruiting, coaching up and evaluating. So much is riding on this one position.

Anyone expecting the same would be a fool. This is going to be a dynamic situation season to season. May the best man win out.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Mullen is redshirting Jones. Franks is the guy unless he gets hurt and then it'll be Trask.
If FF gets dinged up but is likely to be back soon, next game, then it might be Trash. If Franks has a season ending injury it will be EJ.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
He's not alone. I figured EJ by Vandy. Franks has improved tremendously over last season, making it unnecessary. That's good as it gives him breathing room.

But make no mistake. EJ is Next until someone takes it away from him.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
You also expected Treon to beat out WG.....so there is that....:rotfl:
Youre fvkking insane.

In fact I said that I expected WG to beat Treon the first year and that WG didnt WANT to redshirt, only that he was willing if necessary.

You need psychological help for these delusions and hallucinations. Do you get accused of making up alternative realities in the real world too or is this just an internet thing?

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Youre fvkking insane.

In fact I said that I expected WG to beat Treon the first year and that WG didnt WANT to redshirt, only that he was willing if necessary.

You need psychological help for these delusions and hallucinations.
Don't make me go back and find the thread.....or did you already edit it?:crazy:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Don't make me go back and find the thread.....or did you already edit it?:crazy:
Search away fvkktard.

Im sure the rest of the board remembers it clearly. They apparently dont do the amount of reality alteri g drugs that you do.

You are just as likely to find it as your are all those Butter Lovin threads you imagine I started.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I'm sure they do too.….and speaking of fantasyland, who in their right mind would have thought Treon would beat out Grier....shrooms?
Will Duncecap? Jim Mc Elstain? Does it really matter when you think the job of the QB is to handoff to a running back or punter?

lizardbreath

Nov 5, 2016
They scored four TDs on third down. That’s where the problem really is. Some of you guys are stupid as hell if you think Franks was thre reason we lost this game.

His play was less than inspiring and he had two turnovers. He also hit some plays and we did come out of the first drive of the second half with a lead. Some of you guys seem to forget that; then what happened? Defense chokes and Jawja easily scores the next drive.

No EJ is not the answer yet because he isn’t ready physically and probably needs another year of reading defenses. Trask is never taking a snap here. Next year will be EJs time. Franks for as bad as he played yesterday at times is still light years ahead of last year. We weren’t beating Jawja without playing flawlessly and making 0 mistakes. Both sides of the ball and multiple players are to blame

I'm one of the geniuses who thought that DM was on the verge of working a miracle with FF by turning him into a serviceable SEC QB. But dumbass that I am, I still can't say that Franks lost that game for us. I can however say that I look forward to the day when someone beats him out and we have finally have a QB who is not a costly blunder looking for the worst possible moment to happen. I can't help wondering if it would be worthwhile to give EJ as much "spot duty" throughout the rest of the season as possible. The loss of a redshirt pales to insignificance in comparison with the upside of getting him as ready as possible, as soon as possible. Franks eventually has to take a seat for the program to progress - the sooner that happy day comes, the better.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Franks was the QB in beating LSU. Possible he does not have another game as bad as UGa.. ??

EJ has shown zero 1st string QB ability, as yet in practice or in games.
Specious talk about Trask (never taking a snap) = he's got 3 rushes for 12 yards, 4/4 passing 36 yards.
Trask's QB rating is 175.6 .... EJ's QB rating is 0 ... so where's the evidence ?
Making good coaching choices with this team is tuff, tuff in player picks, tuff in play scheme choices, etc.
Mistakes await everywhere for now.

YLGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 14, 2016
Lots of great banter, bottom line is that both our QB (Franks) and our secondary/LB's stink out loud. Even without Frank's countless screw-ups yesterday, we don't win that game. Georgia could score at will against our pass defense. Mullen has done a great job this year, but you can't beat top teams without top talent. You simply can't expect 19-21 year olds to play perfect games. Sometimes you can catch lighting in a bottle (LSU/MSU), but at the end of the day, talent always prevails. Its been a great first season with Mac's castoffs. Now its all about recruiting. To steel a line from Cuba Gooding, Jr.. Show me the Stars!

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
Gimme a break. No. :facepalm:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics