When was the first time you noticed Driskeling?

the_alphagator1906

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Thank you Gatorchatter for creating a new term for us to use when referring to Jeff. For those who don't know what the term Driskeling means; it is defined as playing QB poorly in a game while at the same time playing just good enough to stay on the field. In other words, it is the ultimate Jekyll and Hyde. One play he does really good, the next three plays he does really bad. Who knows what could happen with Driskeling, you may get lucky and score a TD or two but more than likely there will be a TO or three.

My question to GatorChatter.com is when did you first notice it? For me, it was the 2012 Florida-Georgia game. Jeff didn't have the greatest game in the first half but it was good enough to stay on the field. However, what did it for me was when he threw the ball across his body into the endzone seconds before half time. That play ended with an INT. If he didn't throw that one pass, we would've kicked a field goal. Those 3 points would have made a huge difference in that game. Again, when did you first notice it Gatorchatter?

TheBigClaw

Founding Member
Proud to be a Gator
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
He just doesn't have it upstairs, no special term for that lol. But yeah UGA 2012 was the first game he really did poorly

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Bowling Green game in 2012. Only 110 yards passing, 5-16 on third downs. After that we abandoned the pass completely and eventually went to the goalline heavy set for the fourth quarter, a recognition that there was simply no way you could trust the forward pass with this guy at QB. Many eventually just redefined 100 yards of passing as "a good game."

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
When did you first notice Dunbarring? (dropping easy passes that would have resulted in first downs)

When did you first notice Pooleing? (getting beat on deep passes and fade routes constantly)

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
jeff-driskel-meme-driskelin.jpeg

Kyng

Founding Member
The Freak
Lifetime Member
Jun 21, 2014
Founding Member
Guy's is this the best catch we've had since 2009? Funny thing is, he should of let that hit the ground instead of losing a ton of yards. But yeah this is a very Driskel type play. The only difference between Brantley and Driskel was Driskel can run.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
WobbleGator;78459 said:
When did you first notice Dunbarring? (dropping easy passes that would have resulted in first downs) When did you first notice Pooleing? (getting on deep passes and fade routes constantly)
Dunbar's terrible. And Poole has no business playing CB.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I think the Bama game in 2011. He was Driskeling when he came in that game and has ever since - even in our wins.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n78440 said:
Bowling Green game in 2012. Only 110 yards passing, 5-16 on third downs. After that we abandoned the pass completely and eventually went to the goalline heavy set for the fourth quarter, a recognition that there was simply no way you could trust the forward pass with this guy at QB. Many eventually just redefined 100 yards of passing as "a good game."

It was crazy how many tried to act like he had good games in 2012 when we were struggling to score against the bottom dwellers.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n78561 said:
It was crazy how many tried to act like he had good games in 2012 when we were struggling to score against the bottom dwellers.

So his game against tenn was not good in 2012? Or his game against Vandy? Or FSU?

Not saying he had plenty of good games in 2012, but I wouldn't go so far as to say he had none.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n78464 said:

When law first posted this picture is when I first noticed driskeling

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Not imo. I think we started calling games where he wasn't terrible good because we got used to him not doing much. None of his games I would call good by most college QBs standards. The few times he did pass for a lot of yards he usually Driskeled quite a bit.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n78576 said:
Not imo. I think we started calling games where he wasn't terrible good because we got used to him not doing much. None of his games I would call good by most college QBs standards. The few times he did pass for a lot of yards he usually Driskeled quite a bit.

Nevermind, you won't give credit to Driskel when he did play well, so there was no need for me to start this discussion up.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Probably UGAly from 2012. That nailed it for me.

Gator87

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Here's a stat that says it all - His passing yardage per game average is 125.96.

and before anyone says that he runs the ball a lot, try this on for size 26.12 yards per game.

His entire career has been one big Driskel.

the_alphagator1906

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n78576 said:

I completely agree with this. Has he ever played a game were the stats jumped off the page? I am struggling trying to remember one. There have been average games with average numbers but none that jump off the page. I mean he didn't crack 300+ yards against EMU. Either way, I think if we had a really good to elite QB it would hide some of the imperfections that our head coach has.

Ray Finkle

Fallen Mod
Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
WobbleGator;78459 said:
When did you first notice Dunbarring? (dropping easy passes that would have resulted in first downs) When did you first notice Pooleing? (getting beat on deep passes and fade routes constantly)
I'll never forget the moment I first noticed Wobbling"

bayou gator

Lord I was born a shamblin' man...
Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
The only game where I was truly impressed by Driskel's play was the 2012 fsu beat down. He looked phenomenal in that game. Other than that game, he's mostly been a spastic mess in cleats.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb