When will the Gators be back in the NC hunt?

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Very soon... basketball season is just around the corner.

GR8 2B

A Florida Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2016
The optimist's case? Fruh is gone. Scarlett is gone. Ivey is gone. Callaway is gone. Franks is going to be a back up. Wow, that is an ugly article.

I thought immediately of you, T, when I read this:

THE REALIST’S CASE
Recruiting analyst Bud Elliott developed the Blue-Chip Ratio theory of winning national titles. In the era of reliably good recruiting rankings, every champion has signed at least 50 percent 4-star and 5-star recruits over their preceding four classes.

Florida’s Blue-Chip Ratio is 35.5 percent using the 247 Sports Composite. Jim McElwain nearly hit 50 percent with 11 blue chips and 12 non-blue chips in 2017. However his transitional class had only 19 percent blue chips, and the 2014 and 2016 classes were in the mid-to-upper 30s.

It goes directly to a lot of what you've been saying. No comments?

GR8 2B

A Florida Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2016
I'll go with 6 years from now and let me explain. I believe Mac will be around for 2 more years and be fired after going 7-6 in 2019 that is including a bowl loss that's why it's 13 games. After this the new coach will need to bring in better talent because of Mac's inability to bring in talent so he's able to do that in his 1st two classes and we knock on the door in his 3rd year and go 10-2 which gives him his 4th year and we go undeafeded and win a title in his 4th year.

Basically what it comes down to is getting rid of Mac because he wets the bed when he plays legit coaches.
Who do you think that new coach should be / is going to be?

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
Hollywood Bob is the second biggest Gator optimist behind Franz Beard. Fluff. Just fluff.

gatorkev85

Nov 24, 2015
Who do you think that new coach should be / is going to be?
Honestly the guy we have now will most likely get 2 more years so who knows who will be the "hot coach in the mid major level" personally I'd rather we go the take a coach from a power 5 school than find the hot coach. I don't how the new ad will approach it so I have no comment. Come back in 2 year when they fire the coach we have now and I'll tell you. I will say hopefully they choose to spend the money cause we can't afford another project coach like the one we hired 2 years ago

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.