Did Ox ban him or did he just quit?

Inquiring minds, you know..

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
We finally get gator by the bay back and jabberdave leaves.

Turk182

Founding Member
Just don't care anymore
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Just curious, law post a thread about seeing people on other boards in the sports board and it's fine there. I post about jabberdave being missing and it gets moved to the lounge.

Is there some difference in the post or is it just a personal thing?

Still inquiring????? :scratchchin:

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Turk182;n28173 said:
Just curious, law post a thread about seeing people on other boards in the sports board and it's fine there. I post about jabberdave being missing and it gets moved to the lounge.

Is there some difference in the post or is it just a personal thing?

Still inquiring????? :scratchchin:

You're a pumper (at least I believe you are). It's clear that the power that be for this Board is not. Ox also wants Board recognition so he can sell more koozies and t-shirts. Law's post on missing GSMB members will get more hits in the Sports section. A post on Jabber being missed isn't going to get more Board members. Jabber's also likely not real happy about the Jason Collin's thread censorship and has taken a little break from being reprimanded with a 'fat lady'. That's my take and I could be 180-wrong, but I doubt it. :pumper:

Turk182

Founding Member
Just don't care anymore
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
GatorBart;n29085 said:
You're a pumper (at least I believe you are). It's clear that the power that be for this Board is not. Ox also wants Board recognition so he can sell more koozies and t-shirts. Law's post on missing GSMB members will get more hits in the Sports section. A post on Jabber being missed isn't going to get more Board members. Jabber's also likely not real happy about the Jason Collin's thread censorship and has taken a little break from being reprimanded with a 'fat lady'. That's my take and I could be 180-wrong, but I doubt it. :pumper:

So it's about personality or rather lack of one in Ox's case.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Turk182;n29161 said:

I wouldn't go so far as to say Ox lacks personality. It's his Board and he has a vision of the way it should look. He's not into the scantily clad ladies on his site and that's his decision. I think his fat lady replacements were actually amusing, albeit disgusting. As far as getting more members, I don't think Ox's personality plays into it at all. It's all about the content and what brings members in and what continues to bring them back. I suspect after the FB season starts, this Board will really take off and Ox and the other mods will be very busy (we might even be able to sneak a thong pic or two past them :wink:). But I just tipped my hand. Dammit! I'll shut up now. :blahblah:

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
GatorBart;n29085 said:

I hope that's not really the case. I mean seriously, Ox is right. You can find all the scantily clad or even completely nude women you want to look at all over the internet for free. Why bring it to a sports message board? Other than the SI swimsuit edition of course. That's sporting news!

That said, every red blooded American man certainly appreciates the female form and tasteful imagery will probably not cause a ruckus. Just remember we have lady posters as well and I'm sure they don't feel like looking at near naked women every time they come here to read about our Gators, so I'd suggest keeping your fun in the lounge as much as possible. Avatars follow your posts so discretion is only common sense imo.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Turk182;n29161 said:

Turk, I think I speak for Ox and everyone else when I say that we all love you.

And my GatorbytheBay thread got moved once he showed up. I think the hits thing is correct. We're trying to find our family here. I'm sure Jabber will be back, unless Wobble has him duct taped and stuck under the trailer.

It's a message board, bro. Ox banned me once for saying I enjoyed irritating someone, DC I think, don't really recall or care. It's just a message board.

Jabberdave

Founding Member
Your mom is very pretty.
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Y'all get your panties knotted up over some weird ****, you know that? I'm busy as hell. I work for UF and the new academic year is about to begin. Actually, all of the heavy hitting, behind the scenes stuff is effective this weekend. I'll be back to test Ox's resolve once the season starts and things at work slow down. Just a crazy time of year for me as usual.

Turk182

Founding Member
Just don't care anymore
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
:bananawave:

We care, really.

I think you are one of the funniest posters here, glad you are doing good.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I moved it because Jabber had already found us and just wasn't posting. I knew he'd be back. I keep some of the other threads in the sports section temporarily because I want word to get out to actually find these people. Once we find them, I move the thread in here.

I know this doesn't fit the template of a tinfoil-hat conspiracy theory, but it's the truth. We're still in the growing stages here, and the sports section gets faaaar more traffic than the other sections. If I think a non-sports topic serves to grow the board, I'll keep it there as long as I feel it's necessary.

I don't hate you Turk, I promise. I even allow that silly avatar with the dirty word in it.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n29508 said:
I don't hate you Turk, I promise. I even allow that silly avatar with the dirty word in it.

A dirty word that can be said on every major television network. :lol:

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch;n29511 said:
A dirty word that can be said on every major television network. :lol:
Still a dirty word. They practically show full frontal nudity on every television network now.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I heard it from a reliable source that ox loves each and every one of you.

:grouphug:

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n29514 said:
Still a dirty word. They practically show full frontal nudity on every television network now.

So we're the Disney Channel? Yay!

yippie.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator