Where the SEC ranked in revenue in the nation

RiverRat

Glass half full
Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2017
With that kind of money coming in , no reason not to have facilitys that are in the top 10 in the Nation. As good a Foley was for U.F. he didn't seem to realize the importance of having Great facilitys.
I think the current Admin understand and will get UF back to having the same advantage of other top schools.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Another decade of futility and we’ll slide farther down the list.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Well that explains why every time I saw Fooley or even see him now, he has that SHYT eating grin on his face knowing he was overpaid and still continues to be b/c the money was going into his pocket and not to the freight paying train!!!!!!!!

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
http://sports.usatoday.com/ncaa/finances/

Someone else had posted this in the chatbox. So we go 4-7 and yet still make $149M. So I guess if we go 9-3, how much will we make??
The university makes most of its money off of tv contracts right now and SEC money from bowls and other rights. As for the revenue that changes depending on the game day involvement, most is still.ticket sales. They tend to be delayed, ie people who were fed up last year bc of Fooley's second straight loser coach still paid for those tickets they didnt use.

Revenue does fall from empty seats, ie tshirts, popcorn, and drinks arent sold. Ive heard estimates of a millionish per 10,000, but that seems a bit high to me.

All that revenue and yet our facilities are still 50 year old Section 8 housing that wouldnt even stand out in the Sunbelt or MAC.

Great job, Fooley.

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
And yet, UF STILL made Millions. Told ya UF makes Millions of $$$. Proof is there. Truth hurts.

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
How do you know we aren't doing it now?? Building new everything now. Recruits are gonna come now. Just you wait and see unless you have the sports almanac from Back to the Future and you already know for sure that we are going to go 4-8 the next 3 years. Go Gators baby!! All Sports Everything making MILLIONS of $$$

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
How do you know we aren't doing it now?? Building new everything now. Recruits are gonna come now. Just you wait and see unless you have the sports almanac from Back to the Future and you already know for sure that we are going to go 4-8 the next 3 years. Go Gators baby!! All Sports Everything making MILLIONS of $$$
cu1Imk.gif

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I just don’t understand how/why aTm is bringing in that much flow?

Last edited:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Bc Texas? Rich fckks. Oil money. Employed graduates?

We used to be second or third a decade ago. I dont recall us ever making it to first.

We ve been flatlining and falling for a decade now.

Last edited:

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
It is quite interesting to see how many universities and what universities actually lose money. I am also amazed that they can keep operating like this.

Georgia rose quickly. Also of note, Mcgarity the AD has been there since 2010 after being at UF for 18 years.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
I just don’t understand how/why aTm is bringing in that much flow?

As Law mentioned, A&M has the 'oil money'. They also have one of the top 10 endowments in the country (making our endowment look like a junior high school).

But, their revenue for this year (and last, I think) included a huge fund raising effort for upgrades. Taking that out they are probably behind Alabama (or very close).

As others have stated, this just proves there is no excuse for the shape of our program. I can't believe there are still people who think that facilities have little to do with our fall. Sure, the combination of Urban's heart attack/hiring Muschamp/hiring Butters had a lot to do with it....but the other part of the equation: Foley - also played a major factor. From making two terrible, lazy hires to publicly stating "...we're not getting into an arms race". The fall from grace was quick and ugly....and we still haven't gotten up off the bottom. But those pictures of our 2021 facilities sure look great!!

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I expected to see us ranked around 20-30 with how far our program has fallen over the last 10 years. So with all this new building we are doing, we are gonna go up in revenue once the football team starts winning again.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
In 2008 Forbes had us ranked in the top 5 in net profit in the NCAA. We were one of only 8 schools that were in the black for all of the previous decade (if I remember correctly). To Laws point, we have gone as high as 2nd (SEC), but that was before TA&M joined the conversation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator