Where they are now: Ryan Stamper

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
I was looking at Ohio State's roster....and getting pissed off about all the southern/Florida talent they have (they have TWO 5-star CB's from Jacksonville...unbelievable!). I found a familiar name:

Ryan Stamper
Director, Player Development

http://www.ohiostatebuckeyes.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/ryan_stamper_1003719.html

Ryan Stamper is in his sixth season in the position of Director, Player Development at Ohio State University. This role allows Stamper to be an administrative resource for players in all areas of their development.

Chief among Stamper's responsibilities is running the football program's highly successful and proactive "Real Life Wednesday" initiative that puts business and athletic leaders in front of Ohio State athletes for real world education on life after football. The program includes resume writing and concludes each spring with a job fair that typically draws 50 to 75 businesses on campus.

Stamper is a natural at helping the Buckeyes and at understanding the demands and issues they face. He was a two-time team captain for coach Urban Meyer at Florida -- one of only eight two-time captains in Florida history -- and lettered three times while playing in 41 games and starting 26 times at linebacker. Stamper was a member of Florida's national championship teams in 2006 and 2008 and he led the Gators in tackles as a senior while earning second-team all-SEC honors.

Stamper, who graduated in 2009 with a degree in criminology, was a two-time member of the SEC Academic Honor Roll. He was named the team's Forrest K. "Fergie" Ferguson award winner as a senior. The award goes to the senior who displays outstanding leadership, character and courage.

And it was those traits that prompted Stamper to work for a year as a police officer for the Titusville (Fla.) Police Department after graduation. He was hired for his position at Ohio State by Meyer in 2012.

Stamper, a Jacksonville, Fla., native and a graduate of First Coast High School, has a six-year-old daughter, Ryiah.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
If I remember correctly, several coaches on the UF staff said Stamper had a great future in coaching. Even though he's with the bucknuts I wish him well.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Kinda hard for me to criticize Urban for being smarter than the band of tards we have paraded through here under the guise of being football coaches during the last eight years.
Maybe Mullen will duplicate what appears to be a very successful program at POSU and get somebody as talented as Ryan Stamper to run it for him.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Kinda hard for me to criticize Urban for being smarter than the band of tards we have paraded through here under the guise of being football coaches during the last eight years.
Maybe Mullen will duplicate what appears to be a very successful program at POSU and get somebody as talented as Ryan Stamper to run it for him.

Is that what Vernell Brown is doing? (btw, I laughed at the 'band of tards' comment...)

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Is that what Vernell Brown is doing? (btw, I laughed at the 'band of tards' comment...)

I think you are right. Vernell should do a great job.

On another note......so now the colleges are teaching these guys how to find jobs and start careers?
I guess this will still be viewed as exploitation by the whiners that want players to be paid.
If these players, and their apologists, could buy a clue they would realize just how much support they get from the major programs these days that will help them loooooong after a few bucks are gone.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
If I remember correctly, several coaches on the UF staff said Stamper had a great future in coaching. Even though he's with the bucknuts I wish him well.

Wishing him the best ... wouldn't that be a job working for his Gators ?
As long as they're proven, we need to get some "pure" Gators on our staff. Heck, get out of that snowy, icey north and come to warm Florida.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
somewhere there's a YouTube video of Ryan Stamper in pads beating up on some bucknuts in practice.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
somewhere there's a YouTube video of Ryan Stamper in pads beating up on some bucknuts in practice.

You beat me to it. I thought I remembered a video of him doing a goal line drill against one of their RBs and stopping the player from scoring. Glad I wasn’t hallucinating.

ncargat1

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
Wishing him the best ... wouldn't that be a job working for his Gators ?
As long as they're proven, we need to get some "pure" Gators on our staff. Heck, get out of that snowy, icey north and come to warm Florida.
Stamper, like several guys from that era are more loyal to Urban Liar than they ate to UF. Do not expect Stamper to leave OSU any time soon.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Stamper, like several guys from that era are more loyal to Urban Liar than they ate to UF. Do not expect Stamper to leave OSU any time soon.

He's been there 6 years in the same support staff role. I'm not sure what they're paying him, but you'd think he's want to eventually become an on-field coach. Unless he thinks his calling is to mentor these kids in an off-field position, he's leaving a ton of money on the table. OSU coaches make no less than $300K. I can't imagine that job is paying him much more than $100K. A good living, but not assistant coach money either.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I don't know where you're getting this from. He was offered a job and he took it.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Meyer could sell ice to the Eskimos.
it's not like we offered him a job we offered him a job and he took Buckeyes instead. I'm don't get the hate.

Butters was trying to fill the offices with bammer interns and basketball coaches from South Florida.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
it's not like we offered him a job we offered him a job and he took Buckeyes instead. I'm don't get the hate.

Butters was trying to fill the offices with bammer interns and basketball coaches from South Florida.
He took the post long before Mac arrived. Champ would be the one who passed him over if he did.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb