Where's the Brissett love this week?

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I heard they're making a new trophy for QBs. It's to be called the Pocket Poise Platter. Brissett is expected to win this year. :stars:

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n70168 said:
You and the King of Driskel Nutswingers, Matt.
A wise old owl sat in an oak, the more he saw the less he spoke, the less he spoke the more he heard...you should try to be like that wise old bird. Read and comprehend more and post less

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n70132 said:
You have to look at the end of the season. NC State didn't even beat one ACC team last season. There will be a couple of rough games. I bet his numbers are good at the end after watching him in a few games this season.

And they still haven't beaten a single ACC team yet this season. Other than one stellar quarter against FSU's Swiss cheese defense, he's played mediocre at best, horrible at worst against ACC competition. I don't care how he did against what were basically four FCS teams.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n70171 said:
He's attempted 6 passes. We really don't know what we have yet. We just know it's better than Jeff, but that's not saying much.

This is very true, the kid has 6 thrown passes. And the same receivers that have been having issues hanging on to catchable balls haven't changed. I think we need to temper the excitment.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Coach9;n70194 said:
The really question is how bad is fsu to allow Brissett's shining moment?

FSU's defense is horrible, and Brissett was helped by 4 turnovers by FSU's offense.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Brissett has some of the best numbers in the conference despite playing on a team with horrible talent right now. This thread is hilarious however.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n70414 said:
Brissett has some of the best numbers in the conference despite playing on a team with horrible talent right now. This thread is hilarious however.

They have an excellent staff when developing quarterback talent to the NFL, but Brissett is no better than Driskel. Not really worse, but not really better.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
TheDouglas78;n70418 said:
but Brissett is no better than Driskel
You're completely insane. Completely.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n70432 said:
You're completely insane. Completely.

If he was better he would have beat him out, but because he is beating up some ACC defenses he is automatically awesome? By the way I like the fact you removed the "he is no worse" portion of the comment. They are two sides of the same $hitty coin.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
TheDouglas78;n70435 said:
If he was better he would have beat him out, but because he is beating up some ACC defenses he is automatically awesome? By the way I like the fact you removed the "he is no worse" portion of the comment. They are two sides of the same $hitty coin.

Well they have worst talent than just about anyone in the ACC around him so he is doing alright I guess.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Hilarious. I'd say Brissett is better. I think it is more than obvious that Muschamp has a bromance for JD and couldn't pick a QB for sh!t. He stuck with Driskel and let everyone else go. JD flat out stinks and has since day one. JD has zero business starting anywhere. This is the fourth year of Muschamp's garbage. It's not like JD is going to say "Hey, I suck so don't start me." I don't trust Muschamp to pick a Qb or an OC or to be a head coach. My biggest fear is that he's going to barely do enough to save his job and we'll be stuck with him for another year and another year of excuses. Heaven for bid he makes ATL with a 5-3 SEC East record and a 7-4 overall record. GARBAGE. Shiny turd. Foley will keep him and we'll go 8-4 next year because that's all muscrap is and will ever be...

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n70448 said:
Well they have worst talent than just about anyone in the ACC around him so he is doing alright I guess.

If you switch Brissett with Driskel the results would probably be about the same. That's how bad the ACC defenses are and the ACC is in general. NC State regularly puts offensive talent in the NFL (including 3 quarterbacks currently starting), so offensively that are not lacking talent. I put better things in the toilet than what they have on defense. As bad as the SEC East is, Kentucky could be in the ACC Championship game this year.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Has Driskel ever passed for 300 yards? Ever?

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
T REX;n70451 said:
Hilarious. I'd say Brissett is better. I think it is more than obvious that Muschamp has a bromance for JD and couldn't pick a QB for sh!t. He stuck with Driskel and let everyone else go. JD flat out stinks and has since day one. JD has zero business starting anywhere. This is the fourth year of Muschamp's garbage. It's not like JD is going to say "Hey, I suck so don't start me." I don't trust Muschamp to pick a Qb or an OC or to be a head coach. My biggest fear is that he's going to barely do enough to save his job and we'll be stuck with him for another year and another year of excuses. Heaven for bid he makes ATL with a 5-3 SEC East record and a 7-4 overall record. GARBAGE. Shiny turd. Foley will keep him and we'll go 8-4 next year because that's all muscrap is and will ever be...

As bad as the SEC East is, and he makes the SEC Championship Game. He will be back to 2015, but I also expect Driskel to take the baseball contract and leave as well.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
The SEC East is horrific...us included. And what a pox on us if we make it and that keeps that man masquerading as a head coach around another year. The Chump sucks. I've seen enough. If he even thinks of starting JD on Saturday he should be forcibly removed by the BOT/President. We win in spite of him not because of him.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Brissett is still the better QB. Having a bad week, especially when coming off of what he did against the noles, doesn't suddenly change that. But honestly, just as I have zero desire to have the pro-JB crowd keep us updated on his weekly performance, I have even less to hear it from the other side. All this does is encourage a thread when/if he has another big game. I don't care about NCSt QBs that much.

WillGetIn

Founding Member
Stalker
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
When Brissett did play in games for UF, I don't recall his play being better than Driskels... I also seem to recall Brissett being deeply involved with the issues of team cohesiveness. So, I for one don't subscribe to the "Brissett is better" magazine. I don't care what his stats end up looking like at NCState, he wouldn't have succeeded at UF.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
WillGetIn;n70506 said:
When Brissett did play in games for UF, I don't recall his play being better than Driskels... I also seem to recall Brissett being deeply involved with the issues of team cohesiveness. So, I for one don't subscribe to the "Brissett is better" magazine. I don't care what his stats end up looking like at NCState, he wouldn't have succeeded at UF.

I've said similar things as well. In his opportunities, he failed to take the job from JD. But I do think the "competition" was handled poorly by the staff as well. And in terms of cohesiveness, there were players that felt he deserved a shot in certain games where JD was just playing awful. I can't really blame them for that. And between Robinson's tweet, and the way the team rallied around Harris, I can tell you that we may very well see something similar if the coaches aren't careful. Basically, I don't think there's any evidence that JB was a cancer. He always handled himself well. I believe the situation was created from frustration by the players at how bad our offense was with the current starter.

PastyStoole

Founding Member
Man, there's no boundary line to art. ~Bird Parker
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
They're both bad, probably equally so. You'd be hard-pressed to find anyone who believes Driskel should be the starter at this point and so it's likewise fairly shocking that people here are still hanging on Brisset's jock-strap as bad as he was for us. This reminds me of when the board had a bunch of guys who were dying to mail Cam Newton a sloppy BJ after he fled UF with a pending expulsion in the wake of stealing a laptop, stealing a kids term paper, two additional academic fraud allegations, two dozen traffic tickets then eventually watching his dad take a large sum of cash to have his son go to Auburn. No longer a Gator. Please let it go. He did us a favor by leaving and making room for players who have given us a smidgen of hope like Harris.

We all saw how bad he was on the field when he was a UF. It's likely the scouting report for him for last week's game was something like this: "Allow him to have wide open receivers down field. Don't be alarmed if he looks 'poised,' he will miss those wide open receivers by either drilling the ball into the ground or letting it sail over their head. If possible, place the broad side of a barn in the middle of the field for him to use as a target. He will miss that too."

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb