Which conference has the best coaches?

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
My FSU buddies LOVE Mac...love Mac. They hope he's here forever

Those are the same people who hated Jimbo for a few years before he landed a QB. They were calling for his head. I dont know if Mac will succeed or not. I hope he proves everyone wrong.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Those are the same people who hated Jimbo for a few years before he landed a QB. They were calling for his head. I dont know if Mac will succeed or not. I hope he proves everyone wrong.

Sure. Absolutely...we loved Jimbo in the beginning. To your point even. Things CAN change. But when your rivals LOVE your coach it is a bad sign...just another one in a long line of them. Thanks for the normal discussion.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
I'd be interested to know...when we were hiring after Muschump is there anyone on here that wouldn't have taken Harbaugh if he wasn't Mich bound? He would absolutely kill it here in FL...hell, he is doing that now and he's in Ann Arbor. It's called moxie...panache...charisma. He reminds me of SOS so much. He pisses people off and doesn't care. You love him when he's yours and you hate him when he isn't.

I didn't want Harbaugh. He strikes me as a flamethrower - intensely hot for a while then leaves a burned out shell in his wake. I confess I felt the same way about Saban when he jumped to Bama, but he has obviously proven me wrong. In Harbaugh's case, he's at his Alma Mater so it may work out. But he really seems to be such a jerk, will he wear them out?

And excuse me for saying it, but what exactly has he accomplished? He had a nice run in San Diego, mano a mano with Kerwin Bell in the Pioneer League. He had one great year (with 3 crappy ones) at Stanford, but no championships. He had a nice run with the 49ers but no championships and left them an absolute mess. He's won exactly one more (canceled Presbyterian) game than Mac. But he's got veins popping out of his skull on TV while he's yelling at everyone which is stirring and shows intensity to some but to me looks like...Muschamp.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
And excuse me for saying it, but what exactly has he accomplished?
He has managed not to get blown out in every game that mattered and isn't the worst recruiter in his school's history.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
I didn't want Harbaugh. He strikes me as a flamethrower - intensely hot for a while then leaves a burned out shell in his wake. I confess I felt the same way about Saban when he jumped to Bama, but he has obviously proven me wrong. In Harbaugh's case, he's at his Alma Mater so it may work out. But he really seems to be such a jerk, will he wear them out?

And excuse me for saying it, but what exactly has he accomplished? He had a nice run in San Diego, mano a mano with Kerwin Bell in the Pioneer League. He had one great year (with 3 crappy ones) at Stanford, but no championships. He had a nice run with the 49ers but no championships and left them an absolute mess. He's won exactly one more (canceled Presbyterian) game than Mac. But he's got veins popping out of his skull on TV while he's yelling at everyone which is stirring and shows intensity to some but to me looks like...Muschamp.

The first poster coming forward should make it easier for you others now.

He won the NFC West Division TWICE with the 49ers. You guys love division winners....surprised you missed that one.

You thinking he's a jerk just proves my point.

Harbaugh>>>>>>>mac

ANd that extra game he won? It happens to be the one he turned mac into a pillow biter.

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I'll vote Big 10. Meyer, Harbough, Franklin, and Dantonio is a better group of coaches then, Dabo, Jimbo, Petrino, and Fedora in my opinion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator