Founding Member
I thought he was already committed

heversle

Founding Member
Baba Booey Tata Toothy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
What's the scouting report on Okauru? Is he a big time point guard?

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I thought he was already committed
He was waiting on a spot, presumably DRob's or Bu's, but with Hester transferring it opened up the spot he needed to sign.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Have you watched our PG's shoot free throws the past few years. We've lost countless games because of our terrible free throw shooting. Give me a team that shoots around 80% from the charity stripe and I'll show you a winner.

http://www.ncaa.com/stats/basketball-men/d1/current/team/150

Lot of average, at best, teams in the top 50. Not a single final four team in the top 50 either. 80% is #1 ranked in the country too.

I'm not downplaying the significance of FT shooting, but it's not a top 3 trait I look for in a player.

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014

Lot of average, at best, teams in the top 50. Not a single final four team in the top 50 either. 80% is #1 ranked in the country too.

I'm not downplaying the significance of FT shooting, but it's not a top 3 trait I look for in a player.
We were better this year from the stripe but the past few years has been UUUUGGLLYY!

64% last year. You know there are many games we have lost by 4 or 6 points where we went 18 of 32 from the line. Just make 6 more of those and we win. Easy game really.

I haven't shot a basketball in years but I guarantee you I could warm up for about 15 minutes and make 75%. Kasey Hill shot 53% last year. Chiozza shot 48%. That's horrendous for PG's.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
We were better this year from the stripe but the past few years has been UUUUGGLLYY!

64% last year. You know there are many games we have lost by 4 or 6 points where we went 18 of 32 from the line. Just make 6 more of those and we win. Easy game really.

I haven't shot a basketball in years but I guarantee you I could warm up for about 15 minutes and make 75%. Kasey Hill shot 53% last year. Chiozza shot 48%. That's horrendous for PG's.

I'm not disagreeing with any of this :lol:

Hill and Eggy were our worst FT shooters and they're leaving. We should be even better this year hopefully.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
Cheese is approaching 80% from the free throw line. This year he was like 79%. Hopefully next year he hits the low 80s.

Oh, welcome to Gator Nation Okauru!

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
Have you watched our PG's shoot free throws the past few years. We've lost countless games because of our terrible free throw shooting. Give me a team that shoots around 80% from the charity stripe and I'll show you a winner.

The back to back championship teams were around 70% collectively ( I think).

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member

I generally agree with you that FT is a big deal, but UNC won the title this year and they were not good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.