White needs to lodge a formal complaint with the SEC over the refs

Towels 'N Sporks

We R Bad Cause Urban Cheated on Wife
May 19, 2016
When you go 2-13 the last 8 min of the game you pretty much screw yourself. Allen is still lost in the wilderness. Most teams know we are a perimeter team. Ole piss was a guard laden team so they defended our strength. Cheez helps us with penetration but seems to have
gone away from that. I still say that inside presence is the missing link. Hayes has done much better but we desperately need that other big. Not making shots will kill you and we rely on the long ball. I rarely complain about the calls but beyond Stone getting some it seemed crazy at times. btw I swear i saw at least 5 or 6 of our shots go in and out.............

Yes, more in-and-out threes that game than I ever remember seeing. Also just a lot of balls that didn't bounce our way. Lots of questionable calls, for sure, but that is the same as any other away game in the SEC. I have said for awhile that I think we make a lot of these surprising deep tournament runs because we lose a couple of games a year to bad calls on away trips in the SEC. The calls are much more fair in the tournament which is why we make a lot of elite 8 runs.

Anyway, the official calling Hudson for stepping out of bounds when it wasn't even close was so indicative of everything we are talking about. How can you stop play and be adamant about that call when he didn't actually step out? In my mind, you can only make a call that bad if you are hoping he steps out and fooling yourself into seeing it. The official was right there in perfect position so there is no excuse.

Either way, I agree with others that we should be able to beat Ole Miss even with poor officiating.

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
The refs weren't great, I agree, but we still had numerous opportunities to win the game in the end. Missed layups and poor ball handling is why we lost, not the refs.
I agree that we could have won anyway but there is nothing worse than bad officiating. It only takes a call here and there to kill a teams momentum especially in a close game. Hells bells, he called Hudson out of bounds when he was 6 inches away from the line. Even those sorry anouncers caught the snafu. I hate basketball officials with a passion anyway, they should all be lined up and shot but in that game these took the cake.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
I wasn't able to watch most of it but the few parts I saw I thought we were getting screwed repeatedly. The Out of bounds the most obvious but there was another play toward the end of the game, part of 8-0 run or something for OM where I think it was Stone who went up for a dunk and got hacked on the forearm, almost snapped his arm and they are raving about a great hustle play for the OM defender. It was an obvious foul but instead of us shooting 2 FT it was a quick 3 at the other end. That was a 5 point swing and we never recovered.

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
Officiating was just awful. Same crew did the UK/A&M game last Tuesday that I went to. Worst officiated game I have ever attended and I have been to 100 games at Rupp lol. Funny thing was UK was getting the majority of the screw job lol. Until the last blown call won them the game

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
How did that happen. Must have been parental influence or you started watching when the 04 began playing

Nope. All HUGE UK fans. As a kid in the 90s I went to a bunch of games with my parents and grandparents (they still have season tickets- have had them for like 60 years now).

When I was 8-10 I saw more and more of Florida and started to really like them. Once they started showing them more on TV I was hooked and had to see them any chance I got. Might have had to do with hating the type of game Tubby Smith ran and Loving Billys system. By the late 90s I was a die hard Gator and have been ever since. Weird thing is my twin brother turned into a Duke (bball) and FSU (football) fan. I guess we just like being the contrarians lol

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
Nope. All HUGE UK fans. As a kid in the 90s I went to a bunch of games with my parents and grandparents (they still have season tickets- have had them for like 60 years now).

When I was 8-10 I saw more and more of Florida and started to really like them. Once they started showing them more on TV I was hooked and had to see them any chance I got. Might have had to do with hating the type of game Tubby Smith ran and Loving Billys system. By the late 90s I was a die hard Gator and have been ever since. Weird thing is my twin brother turned into a Duke (bball) and FSU (football) fan. I guess we just like being the contrarians lol
amazing I figured that indoctrination would be too much to overcome. But Tubby was not the favorite at UK. I imagine your parents (if still HUGE UK fans must be a little put out with brother and you............If my kid had become a nole fan I think I might wonder about her DNA............I tell this old story that racist in my school used to say to me about her "what if she wanted to date one of them" I was like "if they treat her well and are decent human beings I am fine" but then in college she dated a nole and talked about transferring up there and I was like "WTF and hell no"

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
amazing I figured that indoctrination would be too much to overcome. But Tubby was not the favorite at UK. I imagine your parents (if still HUGE UK fans must be a little put out with brother and you............If my kid had become a nole fan I think I might wonder about her DNA............I tell this old story that racist in my school used to say to me about her "what if she wanted to date one of them" I was like "if they treat her well and are decent human beings I am fine" but then in college she dated a nole and talked about transferring up there and I was like "WTF and hell no"

Most of them have accepted it. Kind of helps our mom really does not like sports. Everyone esle (Friends and Family) though has realized we are who we are at this point.

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
Me either... until now.
I hate UK, Duke, FSU the most. I'd probably root for Duke and FSU if they played UK though lol

When I went to UK bball games when I went to college there, I would always be in the student section (Eruption Zone) cheering on the other team lol. When Florida played at Rupp I was wearing Florida gear head to toe in the front row with police protection. No on can confuse me for a UK fan

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I hate UK, Duke, FSU the most. I'd probably root for Duke and FSU if they played UK though lol

When I went to UK bball games when I went to college there, I would always be in the student section (Eruption Zone) cheering on the other team lol. When Florida played at Rupp I was wearing Florida gear head to toe in the front row with police protection. No on can confuse me for a UK fan
We get it, you're a closet UK fan. No need to hide it, this is a safe zone.

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
UK lost to USCe lol. There were like 70 fouls in the game...I know expect us to have 25 ad UK to have 10 in Rupp...crap lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator