• Total voters

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJB;n32191 said:
I don't think UGA will have a great defense this year, but I do believe it will be improved from last year, partly because of Pruitt. It is a winnable game, but it will be a tough win. Their running game could give our defense fits, so the offense will need to score points early, so that UGA is forced to pass more.

Anyways, I think a great arguement could be stated for either USC, UGA, or UF to win the East. There is no clear favorite, and it is likely that a tie breaker will occur between at least two of these three teams. That said, I think UF does surpise and win the East this year. There is lots of talent and experience on both sides of the ball for UF, and even as horrible as UF was last year, both USC and UGA still struggled to beat them. I also don't think that there are any guaranteed loses on UF's schedule as tough as it is. They will probably slip up and lose 2-3 games, but as of right now they will be very competitive in all of their games, and that's not a bad way to start a new season that follows a disasterous one.

That statement is spot on. Take UGA's run game out of the equation and we can beat them. As you point out, the best way to do that is get a big lead fast. Very good observation!

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
LagoonGator68 said:
GatorJ;n30066 said:
The only thing that scares me about Georgia is that they swiped Jeremy Pruitt from FSU. He's a great DC. Former Bama defensive coach. I'm glad he only spent a year with FSU but not so happy he went to Georgia.
Not trying to pick an argument with you at all, but a great DC may be a little over the top. He has only been a DC for ONE year. He was a DB coach at Bama for only 3 years and player development director there for the 3 years before that. That puts him in the Saban "process" for 6 years which is scary enough in itself, but hardly crowns Pruitt as a Great DC, imo.
Derek Dooley was in the Saban process for 6 years.

Richt gonna Richt.

Besides, what is this Saban Process Bullshiiiit? Saban was a 7-5 coach who got beat by Zook before Bammer brought the $$$$$$. Everyone would look good with the roster they buy up there.

Turk182

Founding Member
Just don't care anymore
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
2 people voted for UK!

amazing....... :crazy:

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJB;n32191 said:
I don't think UGA will have a great defense this year, but I do believe it will be improved from last year, partly because of Pruitt. It is a winnable game, but it will be a tough win. Their running game could give our defense fits, so the offense will need to score points early, so that UGA is forced to pass more.

Anyways, I think a great arguement could be stated for either USC, UGA, or UF to win the East. There is no clear favorite, and it is likely that a tie breaker will occur between at least two of these three teams. That said, I think UF does surpise and win the East this year. There is lots of talent and experience on both sides of the ball for UF, and even as horrible as UF was last year, both USC and UGA still struggled to beat them. I also don't think that there are any guaranteed loses on UF's schedule as tough as it is. They will probably slip up and lose 2-3 games, but as of right now they will be very competitive in all of their games, and that's not a bad way to start a new season that follows a disasterous one.

That is a very good assessment. This year with everything that has happened including last year will be UF's best shot at winning the East IMO. If our Run D can hold teams, like UGAly it will bode well for UF. But we must have an offense that can score and score often. Best case scenario will on both games is to get out to an early lead like some of our past games vs. USCe. We need all the pressure on the new UGAly QB, stuff the run, and then the D can Tee off on him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.