Who do you want to replace Mac?

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
It seems like more and more people on this board want to replace Coach Mac already especially after a loss like today. I am not in that boat. I think he can get this program turned around which he already has. He led us to a 10 win season and a SEC East Title, something Zooker and Muskrat couldn't do. Does our team have some deficiencies? Yes. Do we need better coaching? Yes. Do our players need to play better? Yes. Do we need to recruit better talent? Probably. Meyer's last class was all 4 and 5 star players and that didn't work out too well. My question is, WHO is available that you would have replace Coach Mac?? We still have to give Coach Mac time to recruit and keep this program moving. Its way too early to have to start over once again. Go Gators!!

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
I am (was?) a Mac pumper but his recruiting blows balls. Nord, Summers and Collins can't recruit for crap.

Tom Herman will be a name that is brought up a lot. Just an FYI.

gator1946

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
You can figure that out after next season. Not this one.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
He gets one more of year of dead man walking. 1-5 vs ranked teams. 3-4 in his last seven - all 4 losses to ranked teams. He's not an SEC caliber coach. But we'll get another season to be 100% sure.

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I'm not sure who is out that though that is proven. That's the point. We have to trust in Coach Mac and let this thing play out. We didn't accidently win 10 games last year and win the SEC East. We can still get things figured out.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
I'm not sure who is out that though that is proven. That's the point. We have to trust in Coach Mac and let this thing play out. We didn't accidently win 10 games last year and win the SEC East. We can still get things figured out.

:lol: we kinda did. Were you not watching the Vandy and FAU games?

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
:lol: These threads didn't start till mid year 3 for Muschump and yet when they did, Pumpers were out plentiful. We're 1/4 way through year 2 with Mac and he's already a complete failure.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
We once had a HBC who got embarrassed in a game or two, including one in the biggest game of them all. He went out and got the best DC available and payed the man what it took.

I don't blame Mac for this first staff. He clearly wanted better people, even made noises about getting top hires at DB and WR then after numerous rejections, we ended up with the shiite we got. I'm sure Nuss was his guy from the beginning but a good coach knows what to do. I'm not sure how wedded he is to Side Hat.

We will see what happens. His decisions at the end of this year will determine his fate.

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah, I'm having a damn Zook out of body experience..."I like my players, we're buddies" and Screens R Us, bubble or not. Mac your supposed to be teaching not telling us how they are learning lessons we don't see paying dividends when the big boys come to town. Just saying :banghead:

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
He gets one more of year of dead man walking. 1-5 vs ranked teams. 3-4 in his last seven - all 4 losses to ranked teams. He's not an SEC caliber coach. But we'll get another season to be 100% sure.

Agreed on the one more year to prove he can do it. However the last 3 losses last year he didn't have a QB. You're not beating FSU, Alabama and Michigan with Treon.

gatorkev85

Nov 24, 2015
It seems like more and more people on this board want to replace Coach Mac already especially after a loss like today. I am not in that boat. I think he can get this program turned around which he already has. He led us to a 10 win season and a SEC East Title, something Zooker and Muskrat couldn't do. Does our team have some deficiencies? Yes. Do we need better coaching? Yes. Do our players need to play better? Yes. Do we need to recruit better talent? Probably. Meyer's last class was all 4 and 5 star players and that didn't work out too well. My question is, WHO is available that you would have replace Coach Mac?? We still have to give Coach Mac time to recruit and keep this program moving. Its way too early to have to start over once again. Go Gators!!
How often can you go 11-1 and not win the East. I'll guess it's only happened once and it happened to us. Muschamp sucked but still won 11 games his 2nd year. Mac got extremely lucky and had the softest schedule we've had in 20+ years and he still almost lost several games. So if your going to praise him for lackluster wins we've got to do the same for Muschamp.

OcalaGator83

Not Hopeful
Lifetime Member
Oct 23, 2014
Agreed on the one more year to prove he can do it. However the last 3 losses last year he didn't have a QB. You're not beating FSU, Alabama and Michigan with Treon.
What you are saying is true, but it is also just another excuse. Excuses turn you into a Tennessee who is a 15 year irrelevant laughing stock. I see a lot of red flags and warning signs now with Mac.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
John Gruden or Phillip Fulmer is the right answer. Ive seen this game on Volquest.

Last edited:

Maxxodd

Chill Winston
Lifetime Member
Dec 2, 2015
Yeah, I'm having a damn Zook out of body experience..."I like my players, we're buddies" and Screens R Us, bubble or not. Mac your supposed to be teaching not telling us how they are learning lessons we don't see paying dividends when the big boys come to town. Just saying :banghead:
At least Zook could recruit. I'm still trying to find Mcelwain's redeeming quality.

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
DUCK STRUCK PULLED TRUCK!! That was the worse collapse I've ever seen by the Gators. It was like the whole team went to sleep, from the coaches to the players. The secondary was so bad, it made an all American passer out of Dobbs. Dawson wasn't around. Teez falls down. And who and the hell was calling plays on offense. I wish we could blame it on turnovers but it was total ineptitude from top to bottom. i was in a coma after watching that s...t. I forgot to mention that idiot Callaway fielding 2 punts inside the 2 yard line.

Last edited:

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
He is a QB whispering offensive genius.
Yeah, it's going to be hard for Mac to live that offensive catastrophe down. They must have drunk drugged cool aid at the half.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Lure Petrino away from Loserville with all the coeds he can bang.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.