Who do you want to see get the majority of the carries on Saturday?

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
especially when we only run <60 or so plays on offense
Are you sure it's that high? Maybe it seems like less since we only run the same 3 or 4 that never work to begin with coupled with a high percentage of 3 and outs...:lol2:

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Are you sure it's that high? Maybe it seems like less since we only run the same 3 or 4 that never work to begin with coupled with a high percentage of 3 and outs...:lol2:

I think we ran 55 or 56 plays vs. Michigan (w/ out looking it up). Teams like Ohio State, Oklahoma State, FSU, and many, many others are running upwards of 70 or more. We need to run 65+, but we come to the line....wait for the play clock to get down to 1 second....snap the ball, and the defense knows the snap since there's literally only 1 second on the clock.....and then watch what appears to be a monkey trying to f*ck a football....then repeat 2 more times....then punt (unless, of course, we turn the ball over).

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
I think we ran 55 or 56 plays vs. Michigan (w/ out looking it up). Teams like Ohio State, Oklahoma State, FSU, and many, many others are running upwards of 70 or more. We need to run 65+, but we come to the line....wait for the play clock to get down to 1 second....snap the ball, and the defense knows the snap since there's literally only 1 second on the clock.....and then watch what appears to be a monkey trying to f*ck a football....then repeat 2 more times....then punt (unless, of course, we turn the ball over).
More or less......The strange part is that the coaches never seem to see that when they watch the film....it's obvious as hell and yet:lol:....they never make any adjustments.

PaulDrake

Della Street's Baby Daddy
Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Seriously, you're talking about this? The game changer for the Gators is Nussmeier moving up to the box to call plays! Who cares how many times a back carries the ball -- Nussmeier is in the booth! Gator should be favored by at least a touchdown for that, amirite? Or amirite?

G8trwood

Lifetime Member
Nov 29, 2015
Some of our backs have a slow first step, so get them moving first. Mix it up and look for some production. Throws to backs etc

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Perine 65%
Davis 35%

Davis hits holes quicker which is needed considering the holes are few and far between. Need to get him more carries.

revgator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I probably won't really watch the game, I'm still undecided, Mac killed it for me. Seen one Mac game you've seen them all.

To play along though. I would like Perine to get more touches, he had some good flashes last year but as bad coaching does, he has regressed.
I'm also excited to see Franks again, he's so excited to be starting he hasn't given up like the rest of the team yet so he generates some excitement.
If goolsby is back, I would love to see him get more action.

Put them all on Macs "get-it-to" list which is more like his bucket list.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Perine 65%
Davis 35%

Davis hits holes quicker which is needed considering the holes are few and far between. Need to get him more carries.

Agree^. But if Davis slithers for more YPCs, then feed him more. We need Thompson too. He's had plenty of carries without fumbling ... hell, Zaire fumbled in their endzone for their easy 7.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Agree^. But if Davis slithers for more YPCs, then feed him more. We need Thompson too. He's had plenty of carries without fumbling ... hell, Zaire fumbled in their endzone for their easy 7.

I'd rather not see thompson personally. Maybe on 3rd down for blocking purposes, but that's really it.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
Well, which back would carry the ball for 11 yards the best? Does it matter?

Renard904

Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Honestly, I think Mac should go with Davis and Lemmons. Everyone seems to be sold on Perine, but dude just doesn't seem that good to me. I won't even evaluate Thompson since it seems he's been solidified as a spot runner and screen catcher. Hell, even Scarlett hasn't looked too good to me either. Sorry for coming across as negative, but when I think of our offense I puke in my mouth a little. Outside of possibly Cleveland, I wouldn't advocate for anyone on offense keeping their job. Their just AWFUL!!!

Point is... Whenever you're at the bottom of offensive production in all of D1 then the only real optimism is in the unknown. We know exactly what the incumbents will get us: ranked somewhere in the 100s.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Perine.

Just stop the long sweeping running plays. More counter runs. Perine is strong. If we constantly having the defense begin running plays The opposite side of the run and force them to change direction with a counter, his ability to break tackles will wear down their defense.

Play calling has been shyt.

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Well Davis got one carry and it went for like 6 or 7 yards. Next to Thompson's long TD run, which was called back for holding, Davis had the best carry of the game...... Naturally he never got the ball again... :eek3:

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I want to see Toney get the ball a few times...that dude is electric. But i think he made a mistake blocking and is now in mac's dawg house

G8trwood

Lifetime Member
Nov 29, 2015
Agree on Tomey, of course it makes sense to use an ex qb in his first big game as a blocker

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
Honestly, I think Mac should go with Davis and Lemmons. Everyone seems to be sold on Perine, but dude just doesn't seem that good to me. I won't even evaluate Thompson since it seems he's been solidified as a spot runner and screen catcher. Hell, even Scarlett hasn't looked too good to me either. Sorry for coming across as negative, but when I think of our offense I puke in my mouth a little. Outside of possibly Cleveland, I wouldn't advocate for anyone on offense keeping their job. Their just AWFUL!!!

Point is... Whenever you're at the bottom of offensive production in all of D1 then the only real optimism is in the unknown. We know exactly what the incumbents will get us: ranked somewhere in the 100s.

Sorry? You get promoted around here for that. You also scored a merit point for misuse of There/They're/Their:D.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.