Who fills out the class?

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
We currently have 13 commits. I'm expecting to lose Williams and Gammage and add Copeland, which puts us at 12. Assuming we take 25, who do we add?

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
A few more 4 and 5 star prospects will jump aboard this Mac train baby!!

alcoholica

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Schwartz also.
Yeah, he's coming soon. I think we get the WR from Cali too. Add Barnes, Gouraige, and Petit-Frere on OL. Parsons, Stills and another DT. Two LBs, RB, chattfield, and fill in the rest with DBs for Law

alcoholica

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Better be a couple of DT's in there!
Yeah, I think Stills and the kid from Bama. Have a strange feeling about the Silvera kid, but just because I really want him in the class

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah, he's coming soon. I think we get the WR from Cali too
I don't know about that. We'll see. I think we def get the three of Chase, Copeland and Schwartz. Will have no problem with adding a 4th if it is Hall, but I am not expecting him at this point, seems more like a rumor than anything at this point. Looks like we are in good for a nice one in the 2019 class also, can't recall his name, but his videos are straight nasty.

Add Barnes, Gouraige, and Petit-Frere on OL.
think we have a good shot at all three right there, first two for sure.

I don't see it...but I'm hopeful that Corral can persuade him. Feels like a long shot as it stands right now though. Micah would be a HUGE pick up.

Stills and another DT. Two LBs, RB, chattfield, and fill in the rest with DBs for Law
I think we get Stills, if we can get the two LB's (Tindall, really think this kid could be a solid player, and Pope) we are really after, we should be fine, but don't forget the other David Reese. We better start coming up with some back up plans though at the LB position, because we lead on NONE of them currently.
As far as RB, we already have Clement, who I think will be the real deal, but I think the really good RB's are starting to see a line forming at UF at the running back position...I think it's going to be an uphill battle for Martin and Pierce...really seems like WV has a lock on Brown...I am not saying we couldn't get one of these guys to pull the trigger, I just think it's going to be a tough sell.
Chattfield would be a decent pick up on the d-line...seems like we are in good with Malcolm Lamar who at 6'5" 250 lbs could grow into a DT. Coynis Miller would be a huge pick up if we can land him...he still has the Gator head logo on his twitter page. Really hope we make a push for Sandidge and Silvera...I think both of those guys are going to be solid players at DT.

alcoholica

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I don't know about that. We'll see. I think we def get the three of Chase, Copeland and Schwartz. Will have no problem with adding a 4th if it is Hall, but I am not expecting him at this point, seems more like a rumor than anything at this point. Looks like we are in good for a nice one in the 2019 class also, can't recall his name, but his videos are straight nasty.

I don't see it...but I'm hopeful that Corral can persuade him. Feels like a long shot as it stands right now though. Micah would be a HUGE pick up.

I think we get Stills, if we can get the two LB's (Tindall, really think this kid could be a solid player, and Pope) we are really after, we should be fine, but don't forget the other David Reese. We better start coming up with some back up plans though at the LB position, because we lead on NONE of them currently.
As far as RB, we already have Clement, who I think will be the real deal, but I think the really good RB's are starting to see a line forming at UF at the running back position...I think it's going to be an uphill battle for Martin and Pierce...really seems like WV has a lock on Brown...I am not saying we couldn't get one of these guys to pull the trigger, I just think it's going to be a tough sell.
Chattfield would be a decent pick up on the d-line...seems like we are in good with Malcolm Lamar who at 6'5" 250 lbs could grow into a DT. Coynis Miller would be a huge pick up if we can land him...he still has the Gator head logo on his twitter page. Really hope we make a push for Sandidge and Silvera...I think both of those guys are going to be solid players at DT.
The only reason I think we get the Cali WR is because of Corral. Supposedly they are going to be teammates this year. I think it could sway him. We could still end up with Pope too. We know how UM classes fade late, and we've got a lot more SFL pull than in years past

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Fill them out with several of these guys and that will make a top 5 class. I think with this weekend will help others that are riding the fence fall our way.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
The only reason I think we get the Cali WR is because of Corral. Supposedly they are going to be teammates this year. I think it could sway him. We could still end up with Pope too. We know how UM classes fade late, and we've got a lot more SFL pull than in years past

Very True. Mac needs to use this momentum and get back in Jax and start locking that down.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
If only there was a thread that tracks this.
Connor Davis............. 3* K legacy
Anthony Schwartz ...........4* WR 100% (15/87/22)) wants to play football and run track in
Richard Gourage............... 4* OT 77% (9/96/25)
William Barnes..................4* OL 81% (3/60/17)
Malcolm Lamar..................4* DL 89%
FL (22/-/68) This in-state prospect grew up a Gators fan
Jacob Copeland ...............4* WR 83% FL (29/147/33)
Asa Martin, .........................4* RB 55% (7/127/3) AL
Nicholas Petit-Frere ......,...4* OL 50% #12st FL Tampa 6-6 260 (50% ND) (13/171/37)
Andrew Chatfield...............4* WDE 40% Ft. L 6-2 221 (13/210/44) (OSU Commit)
Tyquan Thorton...................3* WR (FL) 67%

That's 10 names and likely fills the class. Not sure if Conner gets a scholie.

alcoholica

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
If only there was a thread that tracks this.
Connor Davis............. 3* K legacy
Anthony Schwartz ...........4* WR 100% (15/87/22)) wants to play football and run track in
Richard Gourage............... 4* OT 77% (9/96/25)
William Barnes..................4* OL 81% (3/60/17)
Malcolm Lamar..................4* DL 89%
FL (22/-/68) This in-state prospect grew up a Gators fan
Jacob Copeland ...............4* WR 83% FL (29/147/33)
Asa Martin, .........................4* RB 55% (7/127/3) AL
Nicholas Petit-Frere ......,...4* OL 50% #12st FL Tampa 6-6 260 (50% ND) (13/171/37)
Andrew Chatfield...............4* WDE 40% Ft. L 6-2 221 (13/210/44) (OSU Commit)
Tyquan Thorton...................3* WR (FL) 67%

That's 10 names and likely fills the class. Not sure if Conner gets a scholie.
and yet, there will be open spots.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

Speaking of issues recruiting defense. I didn't hear anything from Shannon all weekend. How can we not be leading for any linebackers with one of the best LB coaches out there. And now 2 of them with him and Skipper.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
Well, can't really say nothing is happening behind the scenes, so I'm hopeful for the defense. The Chase WR, which is a great get, snuck up on us. I think the Fields/Corral thing was gonna overshadow everything else.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Speaking of issues recruiting defense. I didn't hear anything from Shannon all weekend. How can we not be leading for any linebackers with one of the best LB coaches out there. And now 2 of them with him and Skipper.
I just don't think there are very many elite ones this year that we even have a shot at...we are going after what we can, but it seems to drop off quick.
I don't know what is going on behind the scenes so it is entirely possible that we sit better for those three LBs than 247 currently displays.
Hopefully that starts to change now.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Yeah. What is up with Shannon? I would expect him to land a 5 star LB every cycle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.