Votes: 4 7.5%
  • Franks

Votes: 48 90.6%
  • Zaire

Votes: 1 1.9%

• Total voters

BruceWayne

Dec 12, 2016
It's gotta be Franks. It's best for the program. Get him a confidence building game against a weakling. Maybe if Mac will do the smart thing and start Franks the whole season, the next coach will have something to work with. Franks could go into next year with a bunch of experience and a better coach hopefully.

Okeechobee Joe

Lost Ball in High Grass
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2014
Franks has potential and is from Florida. Go with him. I don't see how we gain anything by playing Zaire or Del Rio at this stage.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
Franks needs to play, period. No more Zaire. Ever. Please. No more LDR unless Franks gets hurt or is removed in a runaway (either way).

Zaire is like a Great Value version of Treon. Not as good.

8802Gator

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
It's gotta be Franks. When he had time and protection he was on target. He made some rookie mistakes but who cares? Zaire looked completely lost. Let's ride with Franks and once he gets some experience he could be a good one. Despite the coaches.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
It's not even arguable. You have to go with Franks.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
It's not even arguable. You have to go with Franks.
This IS the week to let a freshman play. Kintucky will have a pretty decent defense this year. This is the only gimme for this team this month, though nothing is a gimme for a team that struggles to score anything at all.

GatorSteve

Founding Member
Lounge Lizard
Jun 17, 2014
Founding Member
No mistake Franks made approached the level of dumb that Zaire achieved. The fumbled safety for a touchdown should have earned Zaire a permanent spot next to Del Taco on the bench. Invest in the future...these washed up never will be's are not the solution to our problem. The problem is play calling and that falls in the lap of Nuss and Mac.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
This IS the week to let a freshman play. Kintucky will have a pretty decent defense this year. This is the only gimme for this team this month, though nothing is a gimme for a team that struggles to score anything at all.

Freshman or not, you saw what Zaire did yesterday, although I'm not sure some of the greater names to have played the game wouldn't have done the same given the penetration of the Michigan defensive line. Del Rio, in the meantime, appears to have been demoted to the third-team All-Twitter unit.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I'm pretty sure he left Zaire out there the rest of the game to keep Franks from getting killed. Franks will be back out there for the first snap next week.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I'm pretty sure he left Zaire out there the rest of the game to keep Franks from getting killed. Franks will be back out there for the first snap next week.
We shall see. Honestly, I have no idea what this coaching staff is thinking so it's impossible for me to predict what they'll do.

G8trwood

Lifetime Member
Nov 29, 2015
I think they put Zaire and the rollouts in to try and keep the qb alive.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Before I answer the question, I would like for someone to confirm for me that Treon Harris did in fact transfer from the program. I ask because I could swear that he came into the game yesterday in the 3rd quarter.
While you are at it,you can explain to me all the reasons why a change was needed at that point but I thought that after the first couple of possessions with Treon, that Mac quit on his team when he continued to play Treon.

Franks is the only QB with upside so he has to be the answer. Assuming a competent staff he is the only answer.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
It's gotta be Franks. It's best for the program. Get him a confidence building game against a weakling. Maybe if Mac will do the smart thing and start Franks the whole season, the next coach will have something to work with. Franks could go into next year with a bunch of experience and a better coach hopefully.

What would be best for the program is Franks with relief from Trask or Allen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator