• Total voters

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
ufgator812 said:
The playcalling/scheme means more than "who", in my opinion.
Curt Roper: good players do well in any system.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Roper can put lipstick on that pig, but it's still a pig and will break your heart at nut cuttin' time.

GatorInKnox

Founding Member
The Sicilian
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n33518 said:
I didn't say season ending, I said get hurt. When you have a coach who turns off the offense (what little there was) completely when the backup steps on the field, getting hurt is devastating.
I think that's why we're going to see a lot of the backup early. The plan is not to turn it off if Driskel gets hurt.

Jenny On The Railroad

Founding Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
Concrete Helmet said:
Law98gator;n33499 said:
The record in 2012 has zero to do with Driskell and almost nothing to do with the offense. Driskel did nothing that year outside of the first quarter vs FSU and the one nice pass in his career (to Reed vs. Tinerc).

2012 had to do with five 5 star defensive players, a 1000 rb and a kicker who could nail it from 50 yards. Literally anyone could have handed off to Gilly.

You can pass the ball if your brain doesn't function like a reptile. The ball should come out within 3 seconds on most plays. That's why almost every clip of practice features Roper screaming at Driskel to get rid of the ball, just constanty trying to overcome his fog.

I can assure you that Driskel and Brantley before him wished they had 3 seconds plenty of times when the defenders almost best the snap to them.
This is true.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I would be shocked if Driskel makes it through the season without missing some time. He definitely appears to be a little injury prone to me. That was a dirty hit in that Tenn game but other QB's seem to have looser ankles or whatever you want to call it and their foot doesn't plant as stiff for whatever reason. I watched some of that Bama game also and saw a couple of times where his knees were locked in place while his lower leg was moving quite a bit and he ended up missing time after that even though he finished the game if I remember. In the Georgia game in 2012 he was gimpy for a while after that sideline hit - I think he got a deep bruise there or something. Being really muscled up doesn't seem to affect injuries much at the QB position. We better have the backup ready to go.

ufgator812

Founding Member
Duke of Marlborough
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
ufgator812 said:
The playcalling/scheme means more than "who", in my opinion.
I'd say that's BS (not you, but Mr. Roper). Look at what happened to Grossman. SOS was/(is?) great at peg fitting.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
fwiw, didn't Roper say during his press conference this week that both back ups could be ready to play if needed. I guess what he meant was that they both know the base offense well enough that if Driskel went down we would still be able to do pretty much the same things on offense. It may have been Muschamp that said it.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Concrete Helmet;n33602 said:
fwiw, didn't Roper say during his press conference this week that both back ups could be ready to play if needed. I guess what he meant was that they both know the base offense well enough that if Driskel went down we would still be able to do pretty much the same things on offense. It may have been Muschamp that said it.

Roper also said that he was confident Skyler would get the job done if needed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator