Who won the battle for Florida's best recruits?

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
(I'm tired of the IMG kids from out of state being considered "Florida" recruits, but nevertheless....And I'm tired of Georgia, Alabama, Ohio State, etc coming in and taking the top kids right from under our noses!). As I've been saying, we need to take back our own state. "Win the state....win championships!"

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/sec-football/won-battle-floridas-best-recruits/

Florida produced 66 prospects rated 4-stars or higher in the 2018 class.

No other state in the country produced more.

It’s little wonder why SEC coaches were camped out, corner to corner, Pensacola to South Beach, trying to fill their recruiting wishes this cycle.

That’s especially true when you compare the Sunshine State’s plentiful crop to the other SEC states.

upload_2018-2-8_12-55-27.png

Twenty-four of the 65 Power 5 programs signed at least one recruit from the Sunshine State. That included seven SEC programs.

But who made out the best?

A familiar face to SEC fans, no doubt.

Mark Richt took some heat when two coveted 5-star prospects from nearby American Heritage picked SEC programs, but the Canes cleaned up otherwise, signing 12 of the highest rated prospects in the state. That included American Heritage’s Nesta Silvera, the No. 2-rated defensive tackle in the country, No. 11 prospect in Florida.

Why did he stay home when his high school teammates didn’t?

“Miami is home — it’s the crib,” Silvera told ESPNU. “I could go to Tuscaloosa, I could go to Gainesville, I could go to Tallahassee and make those schools great. But why not make the crib great?”

No other program reached double digits, though first-year Florida coach Dan Mullen closed well Wednesday, landing six in-state standouts, including WR Jacob Copeland.

upload_2018-2-8_12-56-12.png

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Wait, I thought Slick Willy Urkel is the bestest?

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
(I'm tired of the IMG kids from out of state being considered "Florida" recruits, but nevertheless....And I'm tired of Georgia, Alabama, Ohio State, etc coming in and taking the top kids right from under our noses!). As I've been saying, we need to take back our own state. "Win the state....win championships!"

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/sec-football/won-battle-floridas-best-recruits/

Florida produced 66 prospects rated 4-stars or higher in the 2018 class.

No other state in the country produced more.

It’s little wonder why SEC coaches were camped out, corner to corner, Pensacola to South Beach, trying to fill their recruiting wishes this cycle.

That’s especially true when you compare the Sunshine State’s plentiful crop to the other SEC states.

Twenty-four of the 65 Power 5 programs signed at least one recruit from the Sunshine State. That included seven SEC programs.

But who made out the best?

A familiar face to SEC fans, no doubt.

Mark Richt took some heat when two coveted 5-star prospects from nearby American Heritage picked SEC programs, but the Canes cleaned up otherwise, signing 12 of the highest rated prospects in the state. That included American Heritage’s Nesta Silvera, the No. 2-rated defensive tackle in the country, No. 11 prospect in Florida.

Why did he stay home when his high school teammates didn’t?

“Miami is home — it’s the crib,” Silvera told ESPNU. “I could go to Tuscaloosa, I could go to Gainesville, I could go to Tallahassee and make those schools great. But why not make the crib great?”

Gee, we are kind of impressed with ourselves aren't we?

Who knew that one player would make us great?

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
6 - five star kids in the state and only ONE went to an in-state school.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.