Who'd a thunk 5-1?

How would you grade the Gators performance?

• A

Votes: 79 50.3%
  • B

Votes: 76 48.4%
  • C

Votes: 2 1.3%

• Total voters

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
When the players ran out of the tunnel then over to the north end zone I was thinking WTF...... then they all did the “Tebow” to honor him & his legacy.

1f35f22fa8d2820f13e4ae5f0de7f969.jpg

They came to play & defend the Swamp. The crowd did too and it was awesome! It was a cleansing of all the stink from the last few coaches.

That’s freakin AWESOME!!!

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Going with a B. If Franks had thrown a TD instead of an INT I would have given them an A.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Considering where we've been, where everyone thought we were headed and where we sit after six games, this team gets straight As in my book

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Considering where we've been, where everyone thought we were headed and where we sit after six games, this team gets straight As in my book
You've basically become a poor man's jboss.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
There've been three renaissance periods I can remember -- the early years of Pell, Spurrier, Meyer. This already feels like the fourth. We have to capitalize on the recruiting buzz.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
So, is it safe to say now if we don't finish 9-3 it would be a disappointment?:dunno:

10-2 with a win over the UGA and/or the Evil Nole would be outstanding.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
If the injury bug doesn't bite I certainly think we should win ever game except UGAy. There's a huge difference in talent there.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
After 10 years, I'm ready to explode.

(Did I tee it up enough?)
I still have pics of you in your Zook, Chimp and McElstain Renaissance tshirts.

You were really, really into ole McElstain.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I still have pics of you in your Zook, Chimp and McElstain Renaissance tshirts.

You were really, really into ole McElstain.
You forgot the Foley Forever T-shirt I wore until to sweat stains became too much.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
All I know is that Mullinz is winning the very type of games that several posters said he couldn’t win. I guess they aren’t as smart as they thought they were.

lizardbreath

Nov 5, 2016
Okay, '78 has had his fair share of abuse, now it's my turn. I gave them an A because of the importance of this win to our near-term prospects, and it's substantiation of my belief that real progress is being made in rebuilding the program. Viewed in a vacuum, the LSU win was a solid B - viewed in context, it was a resounding victory that could well set the tone for a quicker than expected return to basic respectability. And while I'm at it, IMO, comparing CDM to his predecessors is totally ludicrous. One had never been a HC and may very well never become one. The other was a marginal candidate at best, plucked from a mediocre program in a third-rate conference, by what was arguably the worst FB AD in major CFB history.

I understand that the CDM era has just begun and that things could go south at anytime. I understand that many, including myself, were so happy to see Muschamp go that we welcomed McElwain with open arms. I myself was on board until witnessing the manner in which he bungled the Will Grier fiasco, and the abject collapse at the end of that first season. As others have hammered home on many occasions, the two divisional championships were the result of the total ineptitude of the entire eastern division, and not indicative of any real achievement by the Shriner's Clown parade that masqueraded as our coaching staff prior to the coming of CDM. Dan Mullen is not Jim McElwain, he is also not Will Muschamp. Exactly who CDM turns out to be is still TBD. But whoever he is, it sure as hell isn't either of the afore mentioned disasters foisted off on us by the biggest disaster of them all - Jeremy Foley. And for that, I am most heartily grateful. Fire when ready.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb