Why are the Patriots so hated in the South?

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
The level of Hatred approaches that for Puppy Killers!

:dunno:

* I hate the Falcons because they are from Georgia........

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Because they are always talked about because of being a top team every year. If you want to win a bet at a bar ask what 2 teams have won multiple Super Bowls in the past 11 years and they will rattle off NE incorrectly damn near every time.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
Eastern media bias.......Go falcons..........but didnt the Falcon QB go to Boston College............?

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Pretty sure the Pats are hated everywhere...

That said, I don't mind them. I actually really like Brady, he's the GOAT.

The Shady Grove Gator

Relapsed Wise-Ass
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
I didn't care one way or another, until Brady shot his mouth off about Michigan belonging in BCS championship instead of the Gators. Ever since then, F*ck him and them.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I didn't care one way or another, until Brady shot his mouth off about Michigan belonging in BCS championship instead of the Gators. Ever since then, F*ck him and them.

Yep F*ck Brady. I hope Atlanta beats them. Coach Quinn won't make a bonehead call to cost them the game like Carroll did when they were at Seattle.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I like the Pats because everyone hates them. Before the season, I was hoping they won it all just to break it off in Goodell's ass. Now that the Falcons are in it with Quinn, Neal and Poole I have to pull for them.

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
To answer your question: jealousy. When someone gets a lot of success, people want to see them fail. Belichik and Brady are the GOAT at their respective positions, and people are tired of it. It also doesn't help that Belichick has the personality of an old log, and Brady's life (or what we think his life is like) is what most men fantasize about.

Loogis

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
It's not just in the South. I travel a bit with my job and sports always gets brought up. Almost no one claims to like the Patriots. Most respond with bitter disdain for them. The few that like them claim they were born there, Dad was a fan, etc.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
When you are on top of the NFL for as long as the Pats, disdain is bound to happen. I think people think Brady is an arrogant twat who is above the rules.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Because they are always talked about because of being a top team every year. If you want to win a bet at a bar ask what 2 teams have won multiple Super Bowls in the past 11 years and they will rattle off NE incorrectly damn near every time.
Who the fvkk would pick 11 years?

A decade? Maybe. Two decades maybe. 15 years even, maybe, but anyone picking 11 years or 17 years or any other weird number of years obviously has an agenda.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
New York and Pittsburgh, two teams probably hated more than New England. :lol:

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Since I'm an old Dave Cowens, John Havlicek, Jo Jo White, Paul Silas groupie, I guess I like the Patriot's by extension :lol:

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
New York and Pittsburgh, two teams probably hated more than New England. :lol:
New York, because, well, it's New York. Plus, they've won they're share of SBs too (4).
Pittsburgh is obvious because of the 6 SB rings.
People love to hate a winner, unless it's their team.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator