Why aren't we giving the ball to Debose?

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
-THE DUDE- said:
Gator Fever;n53081 said:
They said a linebacker got stuck on Pittman a few times during the KY game - imagine if that was Debose - he would have been wide open I would think.
and maybe catch the ball
Also as far as the complexion of the game i don't think the drop had as much of an impact as the defense giving up plays on that first drive. Sure the drop stopped what looked like a scoring drive but then we pinned them on the 3 and let the UK offense get past midfield and then they pinned us deep. A big penalty killed that drive before we could ever get it started and it we spent the majority of the 1st quarter punting back and forth and kentucky's punter kept pinning us deep on the 10.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I don't even remember seeing him on the field on offense against UK. And UK's punt coverage was doing a great job. Then Debose got a big return on his only chance off a kickoff and they kicked it away from him the rest of the night. Frustrating.

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch;n53147 said:
I don't even remember seeing him on the field on offense against UK. And UK's punt coverage was doing a great job. Then Debose got a big return on his only chance off a kickoff and they kicked it away from him the rest of the night. Frustrating.
He got on the field at least once in the 1st quarter...that's all i remember seeing him in on. He would have been the outside receiver to your left. I think it was just for a running play...might have been the play Taylor got speared.

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
MidwestChomp;n53153 said:
Maybe Driskel is looking for Dubose?
maybe's is actually Driskle, or Driscol, or Driscoll, or even Driscal. Maybe that's why they can't connect.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
-THE DUDE-;n53156 said:
maybe's is actually Driskle, or Driscol, or Driscoll, or even Driscal. Maybe that's why they can't connect.

I think you're on to something here...

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
This is like 4 offensive coordinators that don't feel comfortable giving him alot of pt. Not that they were all good coordinators but they probably seen him in practice more than us.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
-THE DUDE- said:
williston_gator;n53067 said:
I flipped when I saw VH3 on returns.

Agree that both Debose and Powell need more involvement.
VHIII is only back there on PR when they have to line someone up on the 10 to decide to catch or let it bounce into the endzone. Coaches trust his hands the most on the team...he is not going to return them. Though his decision making leaves a lot to be desired. He is supposed to stand on the 10 anything over his head he lets go...catch everything else. At least 2 maybe 3 times through the first 2 games he's caught balls that went over his head.
He's also the "play safety if they fake the punt" guy.

sonomagator

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
A lot of the time he's been here he's been injured T. He also had an attitude problem( self admitted) my guess would be that he's coming of an acl, he only started practicing in what? mid august ? he said on that great return of his that he ran out of gas.That's indicative of a player who's not yet in game shape. So my guess, they're using him and saving him for returns until his fitness is better, or not, who knows.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
MidwestChomp;n53153 said:
Maybe Driskel is looking for Dubose?

He's pretty slow these days I suspect.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
225279.jpg

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
URGatorBait said:
williston_gator;n54407 said:
Zach Abolverdi ‏@ZachAbolverdi
Will Muschamp on Debose, who had a 65-yard TD vs. #Bama in 2011: "Andre needs to be more involved. You'll see an expanded role for him Sat."

I think there is a good possibility that we see him utilized a more Sat on offense.
Hopefully he and JD connect on one of those long bombs.

Coach9

Sunshine Spreader
Sep 5, 2014
I think they'll try and get him covered by LBs on shallow crosses this week. Jet sweeps weren't an option last week. KY's overhang player on defense made it difficult to get outside. The defense dictated pounding it inside.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
URGatorBait said:
williston_gator;n54407 said:
Zach Abolverdi ‏@ZachAbolverdi
Will Muschamp on Debose, who had a 65-yard TD vs. #Bama in 2011: "Andre needs to be more involved. You'll see an expanded role for him Sat."

I think there is a good possibility that we see him utilized a more Sat on offense.
I think he gets used underneath, and is allowed to make plays. I look for Robinson to have another decent/good game, and Fullwood to make some key plays as well on the longer plays.

Gatorhunter

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I think once they unveil the super secret offense they've been saving for Bama, Debose will be a feature.

Gatorbreath

Founding Member
The original "Breath" of the GCMB.
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I dunno, guys. The kid has hands of stone. Or, alligator arms. As a receiver, it seems like he can't even catch AIDS in a Bangkok brothel......which is odd, because he is very reliable fielding kicks.

Though I agree, getting the ball in his hands more is something we need to do. He's fast and shifty and a threat to go the distance each time he touches it.

SavannahGator

Founding Member
Behind Enemy Lines
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Swamped Gator;n53065 said:
Yeah he looked dinged up when he crashed into the bench. But he hadn't seen a single touch before that. He should take at least 1 jet sweepand a couple screens every game imo. We know he can run deep. Why not take some shots with him running deep instead of just Dunbar all the time? Heck Brantley got the ball to him deep against Bama......

This ^ you know that if he got the proper blocking, he is fast enough to take a jet sweep to the house. I have the sneaking suspicion that sometime in the first half tomorrow Roper is gonna call a play that works and we're all gonna be doing the old headscratch, saying out loud, "where's that been?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator