Why do women wait so long?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Traumagirl, Nov 11, 2017.

1. Traumagirl

Traumagirl Taken

Oxbucks:
    $15
    Ratings:
    +176 / -2
    Sean Hannity bemoans...as if it were not true because they waited. Weinstein admitted it, Weiner was caught, O'Reilly settled a suit, Louis C.K. admits it. So there is not a question as to whether or not it happened which is his insinuation. It happened. They waited because they did not want to lose their job, did not think they would be believed, they were young and did not know how to handle it, they did not want the blowback by whistleblowing... To insinuate because you did not have the courage to report it the day it happened makes you a liar is just ignorant.

2. 21Jump

21Jump Member

Oxbucks:
    $37
    Ratings:
    +55 / -2
    Shame, fear and anger. A horrible combination. These fu$&ing guys should be put in the nastiest prison with lifers. Then they will feel like their victims. Powerless.

3. Scott512

Scott512 Senior Member

Oxbucks:
    $24
    Ratings:
    +726 / -9
    Many should have come forward. Do I blame them? Nope.

I must say that's some of these claims seem politically motivated.

and it's absolutely mind-boggling to see all the crap coming out of Hollywood of all the people besides Harvey Weinstein who sexually assaulted women in some way over the years and many many well-known actors too involved in this and it's only the tip of the iceberg or so it seems. the culture of abuse towards women is date and just objectifying them as deep as well.

4. diehardg8r

diehardg8r Junior Member

Oxbucks:
    $63
    Ratings:
    +1,937 / -30
    Yeah,fk that little thing about Habeas Corpus and all that. If a women says it happened, that's it, you are guilty. That's your position?

5. Traumagirl

Traumagirl Taken

Oxbucks:
    $15
    Ratings:
    +176 / -2
    Uh Weinstein and Louis C.K. admitted it, O'Reilly accuser he settled with... where is the Habeas Corpus in that why I cited them and not just the "accused". Where is "Habeas Corpus" in I admitted I did it???

And Weinstein was caught ON TAPE!

6. diehardg8r

diehardg8r Junior Member

Oxbucks:
    $63
    Ratings:
    +1,937 / -30
    The general attitude in the media and public ( and YOU apparently) is that once the allegation is made, it's on the accused to prove their innocence. I'm not trying to defend anyone, particularly those you mentioned (outside of O'Reilly, his settlement isn't any admission)but i think it is a damn slippery slope we are on and it is used for political purposes and when the timing seems right in some cases.

7. Traumagirl

Traumagirl Taken

Oxbucks:
    $15
    Ratings:
    +176 / -2
    There is not hollywood, not right or left , it's men in power. And it is because of the acceptance of our culture of it's just "locker room talk", not getting that "locker room talk" leads to locker room behavior. When is it not ok for women to be objects for men's use rather than human beings worth dignity and respect?

I hope that is changing.

#7 Traumagirl, Nov 11, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2017
  8. pilot-in-fla

pilot-in-fla Deplorable
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $73
    Ratings:
    +3,848 / -67
    I think I'll hold my opinion on whether there is going to be any real institutional change in the entertainment community until we see if it turns against admitted child rapist Roman Polanski who has now accumulated at least nine other accusers who say he sexually assaulted them when they were underage.

And we continue to have Hillary Clinton saying women making these types of allegations should be believed unless they involve her philandering husband Bill.

9. diehardg8r

diehardg8r Junior Member

Oxbucks:
    $63
    Ratings:
    +1,937 / -30
    EXACTLY. The same Bill Clinton that most of these women would run to the polls to vote for again.

10. diehardg8r

diehardg8r Junior Member

Oxbucks:
    $63
    Ratings:
    +1,937 / -30

Listen to any rap music lately? Is that politics or culture in general?

11. Traumagirl

Traumagirl Taken

Oxbucks:
    $15
    Ratings:
    +176 / -2
    My general attitude is what I described..... they admitted it... how is that assuming the guilty are innocent?

What can you get beyond an admission, a tape, a multimillion dollar lawsuit If you were innocent tell me you would not say "you're full of sh..bring it on". You would he is guilty. Ailles is guilty too. So here is the crux. You could say all women who wait are liars, except women who waited were not liars, their abusers confirmed they were not. SO THAT CONFIRMS that women are intimidated, afraid, reluctant, don't want to lose their jobs and don't come forward in the moment. When they do later, because others confirm their stories and make them more likely to be believed they are courageous. THEY ARE NOT LIARS. Their predators confirming their truth proves that women are reluctant which every woman on the face of the earth gets but apparently not every man.

12. diehardg8r

diehardg8r Junior Member

Oxbucks:
    $63
    Ratings:
    +1,937 / -30
    Okay, case closed. If you get accused you're guilty. How's that? Do you have a son? Cross you fingers he never gets in a position of power and has to defend himself against an accusation. You'll have a different perspective.

13. Traumagirl

Traumagirl Taken

Oxbucks:
    $15
    Ratings:
    +176 / -2
    Right. who was accused that I said was guilty without an admission or settlement... UHHH no one? I tell my boys not to talk about women in a way that they would not want their sister to be talked about. I tell my boys if a girl is intoxicated and not making good decisions to be a real man, protect her, throw her over your shoulder if you must and take her home to her Mommy, but for sure don't leave her drunk at the mercy of boys. She might be mad but you will not be accused of rape.

If my sons listen to me they should not only not get in trouble but be proud that they were not just predators but had the courage to stop predatory behavior.

14. diehardg8r

diehardg8r Junior Member

Oxbucks:
    $63
    Ratings:
    +1,937 / -30
    Yeah? I'd reconsider that throwing over the shoulder advice. Listen, I remember many of those hollywood women that called Paula Jones trailer trash. Made fun of Kathleen Willey for her looks and called Jennifer Flowers a gold digging whore when they accused Bill Clinton. They all came running to his defense and that's a fact. Now they want a different sort of attitude from the public when it's happened to them. I can't find the sympathy for them to be honest.

15. Traumagirl

Traumagirl Taken

Oxbucks:
    $15
    Ratings:
    +176 / -2
    And it's all on her she can actually be raped and she has no case in no DNA and not on tape. Why do you think these boys do this..they get away with it. Four boys on tape taking an unconscious girl to be raped. What school was that? I can't remember that is how common that stuff is. They would not do it if it was not socially acceptable and it's these attitudes that say it is...waa waa waa. poor men.. waa waa waa wrongly accused. waa waa waa she should not have been drunk, dressed like a slut... she deserved it, and prove we did it

#15 Traumagirl, Nov 11, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2017
  16. diehardg8r

diehardg8r Junior Member

Oxbucks:
    $63
    Ratings:
    +1,937 / -30
    I've never said any of that. Is that what you think I mean? I'm not talking about the girls in college that this happens to and frankly I don't find the latest run of Hollywood stuff to be in the same ballpark.

17. Traumagirl

Traumagirl Taken

Oxbucks:
    $15
    Ratings:
    +176 / -2
    Sounds like you can't find the sympathy for any woman. Women are brutal to women and we are our worst enemies. We all need to be compassionate until we walk a mile. But that was all a thousand years ago I don't get your reluctance to believe the women now , today, with ADMISSIONS OF GUILT, I mean when is it real for you when does sexual harassment exist so you need a tape???? Oh I forgot we have one, Weinstein, maybe they were actors and that was not real either.

18. diehardg8r

diehardg8r Junior Member

Oxbucks:
    $63
    Ratings:
    +1,937 / -30
    That's not a fair appraisal of my position at all and I do have sympathy for women. You've started a thread on this because it clearly hits close to home for you. Then you decided to take it out on me because I have a different opinion on the matter. You are either drunk and irrational or just irrational in general and I am done. Good evening.

19. Traumagirl

Traumagirl Taken

Oxbucks:
    $15
    Ratings:
    +176 / -2
    It is all the same. You don't get it. It is either ok or it is not. "locker room talk" or "weinstein's behavior" is the fault of the girl who did not report it.... the stuff I put up with and trust me I put up with stuff because I wanted to work in a trauma facility and there was ONE in 50 miles. It's Ok or it's not OK. You justify or or you don't. Men need to say it's not ok and stand up for women that are their wives and daughters. And men blame Clinton when conservative talk people are just as guilty. It's not a political thing it's a POWER MALE thing

20. Traumagirl

Traumagirl Taken

Oxbucks:
    $15
    Ratings:
    +176 / -2
    When you can no longer support your position you claim "drunk" , or "irrational" and that is fine good night.