Why do you all keep watching this garbage?

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I stopped watching the beginning of November of last year. Then I think I watched the bowl game.

I don’t remember the last game I watched this year. But I don’t think I’ve even watched an entire game this year.

I understand going to games. But why would you watch this mess on your TV?

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
Because, unlike some on the team, we haven't checked out.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Because, unlike some on the team, we haven't checked out.

I get what you’re saying. That you’re making a dig against the team. But this is supposed to be entertainment for us. Are you entertained? Does it bring you joy?

I’m not trying to be hostile. It’s an honest question. Some people may still get joy out of it because they love cheering on the Gators. But I don’t see any joy anywhere on this board. Except maybe with coach.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
If you don't watch now, you don't deserve to watch when we are winning again.

#fairweatherfan

So I have to destroy my Saturdays and be pissed off all weekend from watching a poor product on the field in order to qualify to watch the good product when it comes back out?

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Because I'm a Gator, "Through All Kinds Of Weather".

What does that mean? Does that mean you’ll watch them no matter what? Or does that mean you support the coaching staff and the team no matter what? How have you defined it?

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
By the way – this is not one or two seasons. We’re talking about a decade of horrible, horrible, horrible football.

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I wanted to come full circle... started my Gator history with the 0-10-1 team... now this slop... honestly, saw more heart in the 0-10-1 squad than this pampered group of my daddy's not here, I quit posers. Just saying, my entitled opinion. Go Gators, some day.

Frozen Gator

Lifetime Member
Apr 26, 2016
What does that mean? Does that mean you’ll watch them no matter what? Or does that mean you support the coaching staff and the team no matter what? How have you defined it?
My Dad never saw an SEC Championship. I'll cuss, fight, b@itc, contribute to fix the problem and put us back where we belong but he!! yes I will watch. We made a good start with Foley leaving and PB&Mac fired. The President can be next, it has been done before.

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
I went to Clemson last week and watched good football.

I quit watching yesterday mid way through the 2nd qtr and went to St. Augustine and took my wife to dinner at The Columbia.

2 of the best Saturdays I've had all season.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
My Dad never saw an SEC Championship. I'll cuss, fight, b@itc, contribute to fix the problem and put us back where we belong but he!! yes I will watch. We made a good start with Foley leaving and PB&Mac fired. The President can be next, it has been done before.

For sure. I think that’s an excellent way to support the program and to help usher in excellence. But what I am asking is why watch it? Why put yourself through the emotional toil?

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I had it on but was doing other things as well...until about 5 minutes into the 3rd when we had the ball on the goal line and then buttered it up with 2 lost plays and a penalty to get push us out of range and settled for a FG...then i switched to other games. I'll probably continue like this through the rest of the season...games will be on but I won't be watching all that intently

Wuerffel4Pres

No offense
Lifetime Member
Aug 27, 2016
GatorJ, prepare to be attacked by a lot of people on this board. I'm not one of them, however. It's a sincere question.

I watch because if you cut open my veins, Orange and Blue blood will come rushing out.

I watch, because I can't not watch. Gator football is a part of who I am, what I love.

Most of my highest highs have been in some way directly or indirectly related to Gator Nation.

I watch, because Gator football was once my #1 love before anything else. And I look forward to the days when it will bring us all joy again.

Watching Gator football on Saturdays is like driving to work Monday through Friday.

It's just...life.

And to have been a part of Gator Nation for over 26 years now...is truly an honor and a blessing that will always be close to my heart.

That's why I watch.

Go Gators.

:chomp:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
By the way – this is not one or two seasons. We’re talking about a decade of horrible, horrible, horrible football.
Look I agree, and obviously been the guy who said stop attending, stop buying stuff, stop sending money til they fix this, and yet...

I'm a Gator and I still watch.

Chomper

Lifetime Member
Aug 5, 2014
I am a Gator and I care. And while I am tremendously disappointed with Gators' performance of late, I would never ever call MY team "garbage."

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb