Why do you all keep watching this garbage?

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I totally get not wanting to watch this garbage and doing more productive things.

We're all Gators in the end. Hopefully the next coach will lead us out of the ashes like a Phoenix.

Since65

Oct 5, 2014
First began watching when Spurrier was a player. Grew up as the only Gator in a big extended family of Georgia fans. I continue to watch because I like watching the Gators. Clearly the product is substandard but there is always the hope that Florida can win an unexpected game. Hope that maybe they'll play better than expected. And because I'd rather see orange and blue on the screen than watch Penn State--Michigan State or Washington--Stanford.

I admit to struggling with bandwagon fans (see Cubs, Chicago) but try not to disrespect anyone's decision not to watch due to Florida's struggles. I would hope I wouldn't lord my perseverance over anyone once they tune back in when the Gators get better.

BNAG8R

Founding Member
I don’t care
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I watched every play, and to the bitter end. I don’t pause when I get up to refresh my drink or take a whiz anymore though.

I’ve also found that other college games don’t interest me. I didn’t watch any other games yesterday - I just don’t have an interest in seeing others happy with their football team.

I will only see a few plays of next weeks game, as I will be in the midst of bar hopping debauchery...but I will watch every chance I get.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I watched every play, and to the bitter end. I don’t pause when I get up to refresh my drink or take a whiz anymore though.

I’ve also found that other college games don’t interest me. I didn’t watch any other games yesterday - I just don’t have an interest in seeing others happy with their football team.

I will only see a few plays of next weeks game, as I will be in the midst of bar hopping debauchery...but I will watch every chance I get.

Interestingly enough, I don’t watch all the college games anymore either. When you’re not in the hunt, it’s just not as interesting.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Times have change for me. Part of it's getting older and having your priorities morph. Part of it's the dismal product on the field we've featured since 2010.

Saturdays with the Gators used to be religion. All the chores and errands had to be finished in time for a run to the store for beer and then settling in for three and a half hours in front of the flat screen. The games all meant something and you felt intensely involved even if the outcome was not in doubt. Could we run it up to 60 today? How good will we look in front of the nation? What are the pollsters and FSU thinking?

It's not as fun anymore nor am as sure winning needs to be as life or death as it was in my younger years. What I'm saying is, I'm more laid back with whatever comes. To an extent.

What I'm not okay with is how tarnished the brand has become. It's my alma matter and for me it's a matter of personal pride. I want to see us back in the hunt, in the limelight. I think it'll come with the next hire.

Wuerffel4Pres

No offense
Lifetime Member
Aug 27, 2016
Times have change for me. Part of it's getting older and having your priorities morph. Part of it's the dismal product on the field we've featured since 2010.

Saturdays with the Gators used to be religion. All the chores and errands had to be finished in time for a run to the store for beer and then settling in for three and a half hours in front of the flat screen. The games all meant something and you felt intensely involved even if the outcome was not in doubt. Could we run it up to 60 today? How good will we look in front of the nation? What are the pollsters and FSU thinking?

It's not as fun anymore nor am as sure winning needs to be as life or death as it was in my younger years. What I'm saying is, I'm more laid back with whatever comes. To an extent.

What I'm not okay with is how tarnished the brand has become. It's my alma matter and for me it's a matter of personal pride. I want to see us back in the hunt, in the limelight. I think it'll come with the next hire.

I know what you mean. When I lose the greatest woman I've ever known (she broke up with me this afternoon), suddenly football seems completely meaningless. There's so many more important things than Gator football. And now I've lost the most important one of them all.

revgator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I know what you mean. When I lose the greatest woman I've ever known (she broke up with me this afternoon), suddenly football seems completely meaningless. There's so many more important things than Gator football. And now I've lost the most important one of them all.
Seriously, sorry man! Breakups suck. Learn from this one and keep moving forward. Hang in there bro!!!

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
When I lose the greatest woman I've ever known (she broke up with me this afternoon), suddenly football seems completely meaningless.

If she broke up with you, she wasn't that great. Chin up bucko!

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Good chance we'll be going back to Epcot next Saturday instead of watching the game. I'll follow on my phone, but I'd rather do a Saturday at Disney at this point.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

Sorry to hear. I remember being young and going through that. It doesn’t seem like it now but you’ll find the daylight.

We’re here for you buddy.

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I watched the first half on my phone as I was having a picnic with my wife and child. Decided I didn't want that to negatively influence my time with my family, and we had a lovely time hiking outdoors with my phone off the rest of the day.

It's difficult to watch these games in their entirety when 1) you know what the outcome will be, 2) it's not enjoyable to watch, and 3) there are other ways that I can spend my day that will bring me enjoyment. I will still watch games when I can, but I've decided it is wise to sacrifice some game time for family time occasionally. Of course I'll combine the two when I can.

21Jump

Nov 5, 2017
GatorJ, prepare to be attacked by a lot of people on this board. I'm not one of them, however. It's a sincere question.

I watch because if you cut open my veins, Orange and Blue blood will come rushing out.

I watch, because I can't not watch. Gator football is a part of who I am, what I love.

Most of my highest highs have been in some way directly or indirectly related to Gator Nation.

I watch, because Gator football was once my #1 love before anything else. And I look forward to the days when it will bring us all joy again.

Watching Gator football on Saturdays is like driving to work Monday through Friday.

It's just...life.

And to have been a part of Gator Nation for over 26 years now...is truly an honor and a blessing that will always be close to my heart.

That's why I watch.

Go Gators.

:chomp:
GatorJ, prepare to be attacked by a lot of people on this board. I'm not one of them, however. It's a sincere question.

I watch because if you cut open my veins, Orange and Blue blood will come rushing out.

I watch, because I can't not watch. Gator football is a part of who I am, what I love.

Most of my highest highs have been in some way directly or indirectly related to Gator Nation.

I watch, because Gator football was once my #1 love before anything else. And I look forward to the days when it will bring us all joy again.

Watching Gator football on Saturdays is like driving to work Monday through Friday.

It's just...life.

And to have been a part of Gator Nation for over 26 years now...is truly an honor and a blessing that will always be close to my heart.

That's why I watch.

Go Gators.

:chomp:

I WATCH IT All
Long time lurker. Joined today. You guys are my sanity this last year. Bleed Orange and Blue. Four year season tix holder.
I here you! It started a long time ago. Went to a Gator HS football camp in 1984. Got blisters all over from the God awful Astro Turf. Loved it! Graduated in 1991. Spent some great years in Hogtowne. Took my future wife in ‘95 to UF v Auburn the weekend I proposed. We married Oct 14 one year later. All six groomsmen are Gators. My son is there now. Gator Nation is a part of the fabric of who I am.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I WATCH IT All
Long time lurker. Joined today. You guys are my sanity this last year. Bleed Orange and Blue. Four year season tix holder.
I here you! It started a long time ago. Went to a Gator HS football camp in 1984. Got blisters all over from the God awful Astro Turf. Loved it! Graduated in 1991. Spent some great years in Hogtowne. Took my future wife in ‘95 to UF v Auburn the weekend I proposed. We married Oct 14 one year later. All six groomsmen are Gators. My son is there now. Gator Nation is a part of the fabric of who I am.
Welcome aboard! Post often and bring your friends.

Sports bar atmosphere, so dont mind the noise or that Boss is hammered.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
That sucks. A little off topic but after a few days maybe when you're head is a little clearer there is a humorous thread somewhere in the lounge about ex wives/lovers. Sometimes just hearing what other people like you(were all Gators here) have gone through will help make some sense of your own situation......I know there is no comparison between bad football and a love gone bad however part of the biggest reason I come to this board is to get a pulse of what others are feeling/doing about our current situation....almost like therapy I guess. Hang in there you're a solid poster and seem to be a good guy.....

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Look over here Dirty. While I was fooled by Chump initially, I was one of the first to say it loud and clear that Mac was not the coach for us. And I still watch the games. And gripe about the product on the field.

So your correlation has at least one negative outlier. That is assuming the correlation even exists not just that someone poured water in your cornflakes.
Youve been one of the first on the board to hand out dislikes en mass for anyone daring to criticize the program and staff. The realists on the board wear your dislikes like a badge of honor. So to sum up, thanks for adding to my tally today.

And it’s Durty...

:bananadance2:

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
With PSVue I can have 3 games playing on my tv at the same time, the Gators game is on, but it's not always on the main screen. I'll always watch the game, but it's not always my first priority as it was a few weeks ago. As I have put on another thread, I spend the morning with my daughter, we watch the game as a family then usually watch a few other games as well as a family.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
There was a time (80s) when we were banned from TV. I still listened on the Gator Radio Network.

I stopped watching after the Michigan game this year.

I'm still a Gator but I couldn't watch anymore.

I'll watch the O&B game and probably all the games next year. (it doesn't have anything to do with W-Ls... I refuse to watch a consistently, terribly coached team)

Go Gators!

CapitalGator02

Founding Member
( . Y . )
Jun 17, 2014
Founding Member
Why do you all keep watching this garbage?
Two reasons;
1) It's essentially what I've done on Saturday's in the fall since I was six and I enjoy watching Gator football, even if the product is a giant sh!t pile.

2) I'm conditioning the wife and kid. If I give an inch, "sure wife, go ahead and plan that day trip to the vineyard, our football team is terrible so who cares if I miss the game?" The flood gates will open and if/when we are good again, I will have to fight for my Saturday's back.

jmskjrgator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
I stopped watching the beginning of November of last year. Then I think I watched the bowl game.

I don’t remember the last game I watched this year. But I don’t think I’ve even watched an entire game this year.

I understand going to games. But why would you watch this mess on your TV?

How can you be a moderator on this board and never watch the game?-?-?-?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator