Why don't you believe in global warming

Discussion in 'Politics' started by pilot-in-fla, Nov 12, 2017.

1. pilot-in-fla

pilot-in-fla Deplorable
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $73
    Ratings:
    +3,848 / -67
    California's Governor Moonbeam is none to happy that promotion of the global warming religion has gone so poorly. Even when people believe some of the exaggerated claims, they're typically not willing to pay anywhere near the trillions of dollars it will take to reduce the earth's temperature some 0.2 deg by 2100 (and that is if you believe the models that have never once been right).

Believers have tried to convince you with people including Hollywood celebrities (Leo DiCaprio), corrupt politicians with a financial stake in global warming (Al Gore), unimpressive European Royals (Prince Charles) and even a religious leader with a weak spot for Communism (Pope Francis). But it is not working.

How crazy is Jerry (Moonbeam) Brown? Like the folks who believed the end of the Mayan calendar would lead to the end of the world. Brown believes global warming will lead to the end of the world. But he has a solution, simply brainwash nonbelievers. Eliminating all pesky personal freedoms for non-elites and brainwashing them into believing the global warming religion is just the ticket according to Brown. And remember, this idiot is Governor of the largest state in America.

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2017/11...ant-we-need-a-total-i-might-say-brainwashing/

2. ChiefGator

ChiefGator A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!

Oxbucks:
    $92
    Ratings:
    +1,318 / -133
    That depends a lot on what is meant by "global warming or climate change"

I use the following: The belief that the increase in global temperatures is driven mostly by emissions of CO2.

I have many issues with the science, especially when anybody talks about "consensus".

Other issues not in any particular order:

The measurement systems for CO2 and Temperatures on a global scale have massive issues.

There are many other factors in addition to CO2 that effects temperatures. Some are Methane, particles, deforestation, for the major ones.

The models have not been accurate and no experiments of a global scale are possible.

In addition nothing we can or will do can have much of an impact especially when we allow many developing countries to increase their emissions.

Adaptation is the only reasonable course of action with current technology or any that I see in the near (20 years) future.

Thanks for starting this thread and I hope to see other responses. Mostly logical ones based on science, not some links from the internet.

3. EyeDocGator

EyeDocGator Politically Incorrect
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $55
    Ratings:
    +1,053 / -13
    The "global warming/climate change" BS is more cult/religion than science. When looked at in that way it becomes clear why "deniers" are treated like heretics and figuratively burned at the stake.

4. Okeechobee Joe

Okeechobee Joe Lost Ball in High Grass
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $90
    Ratings:
    +4,493 / -8
    I don't believe in global warming because whenever Al Gore goes somewhere to give a speech it's always snowing outside.

5. EyeDocGator

EyeDocGator Politically Incorrect
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $55
    Ratings:
    +1,053 / -13
    When Al Gore gives a speech t's snowing inside also.