Why Florida will beat LSU

Lake Gator

SUBMARINERS GO DEEPER
Lifetime Member
Feb 13, 2016
1. LSU fans are almost as worried about this game as Gator fans are. The point spread is not huge and within a single score.

2 The average MOV for the Tigers the last three years is 7 points. Not overwhelming considering Gators lack of a decent offense those years and LSU's vastly superior talent as some would have you believe.

3. LDR will play and bring some life to the offense. Certainly more than T. Harris did when Gators lost by seven in Baton Rouge after giving up some easy scores. That was a game the Gators coulda won.

4. LSU thrived against Mizzou with their new head coach and OC. Of course, Mizzou had no film to study of this new and better Tiger offense. Gators have a game's worth of film.

5. Eddy Pineiro.

6. Gators will show up. Another loss and they are all but eliminated from SEC race.

7. On Friday the players will watch highlights of the 2003 game when Ron Zook, freshman Chris Leak, and Ciatrick Fason rolled into Baton Rouge and stunned the world...handing Nick Saban and the Tigers their only loss in a national championship season. They overcame an early long punt return TD by Skyler Green to silence the Tigers, 19-7. They'll be pumped.

Last edited:

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I like your enthusiasm, but you lack convincing arguments. I can list several reasons why they can win this game, but time has shown over and over again that just because this team can do something, it doesn't mean they will. I hope they are motivated and actually play for good quarters of football. They are capable of doing that but we haven't seen it in awhile.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
I'm not giving up hope yet.

Need Cox and Brantley to all be available and ready to ball. We still have nasty DBs so I don't see LSU throwing much on us.

Let's right the ship boys!

Lake Gator

SUBMARINERS GO DEEPER
Lifetime Member
Feb 13, 2016
I like your enthusiasm, but you lack convincing arguments. I can list several reasons why they can win this game, but time has shown over and over again that just because this team can do something, it doesn't mean they will. I hope they are motivated and actually play for good quarters of football. They are capable of doing that but we haven't seen it in awhile.

Just because they can lose doesn't mean they will.

Gator98MD

Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2014
Man that video gave me a chubby. McCray and Ratliff had some sick games, Also didn't see any showboating when they'd make great plays

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I was actually thinking this myself. If UF Florida gets better what will it look like ? My best guess for improvement is that the Freshmen receivers step up. They (Swain, Hammond, and Cleveland) have already looked decent in limited playing time. Perhaps the coaches are ready to bench the upperclassmen non-performers (Fullwood and Worton)and give the freshmen receivers a chance.

We just arent going to have a good offensive line this year. However the run game gets easier if the defense is also afraid of the pass, even if they are dink and dunk. Scarlett inheriting the starter roll will also help a bunch I think.

That being said, the fact the LSU's offense has sucked in years gone by isnt particularly relevent. Ultraconservative Les Miles was undoubtedly ONE of the reasons their offense sucked.

Last edited:

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
If Del Rio plays, that probably opens the passing game back up a bit, which in turn could possibly open up the running game. Scarlett just has to be the featured back this week.

Defensively, just hope our DL can play above their heads and stay fresh. If we can force a couple turnovers or make their Purdue QB make some bad decisions when they actually decide to throw the ball, that would help, too.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
I was actually thinking this myself. If UF Florida gets better what will it look like ? My best guess for improvement is that the Freshmen receivers step up. They (Swain, Hammond, and Cleveland) have already looked decent in limited playing time. Perhaps the coaches are ready to bench the upperclassmen non-performers (Fullwood and Worton)and give the freshmen receivers a chance.

We just arent going to have a good offensive line this year. However the run game gets easier if the defense is also afraid of the pass, even if they are dink and dunk. Scarlett inheriting the starter roll will also help a bunch I think.

It's possible. But, they gotta stop talking about it and do it.

veroG8tr

Lifetime Member
Nov 30, 2014
Game is postponed due to the hurricane. LSU has a miracle season with Coach O. We get crushed when the game is rescheduled ( a la Tennessee in 2001). Good news is they hire Coach O and we thump them the next three years.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Chris Leak - too short, too slow, too scared...
Piss off. Leak was an excellent QB who suffered through two idiot OCs, including one useless douchebag who thought running the option was a great idea. Leak could have had an additional 2000 yards per year if we had an OC who had heard of the forward pass.

Leak is an alltime Gator Great.

Last edited:

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014

We need some of this mojo come high noon on Saturday.

Thanks for sharing. Obviously Keiwan and McCray stole the show, but look how many freshmen or Sophs we had making plays. As law said, it may be time to go that route and let these younger, less experienced guys have a go at it. We desperately need new blood pumped in, and would need an unlikely close to the season to win the East. So why not? I'd love to see us make some personnel changes, even at QB.

Also, is it too much to ask to get those old, darker blue jerseys back? This Kmart blue we've drifted to is horrible.

Florida-Gators-quarterback-Austin-Appleby-plays-against-North-Texas-940-wplok.jpg

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Man that video gave me a chubby. McCray and Ratliff had some sick games, Also didn't see any showboating when they'd make great plays
I always wanted so much more for Fason and Troupe. Really thought they'd have an excellent NFL career.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Can you imagine the outrage if they score less than a Treon Harris lead team at 28 pts?

I wonder what the excuse will be?

We better see 4 TDs+ because Treon sucks so bad and LDR is much better!

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.