Why I am pulling for Mac

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
He didn't call my daughter in her birthday. **** him.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I'm pulling for Mac because he's my team's coach. I hate to see my team lose, and I know they don't enjoy losing.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I'm also pulling for my bank account to suddenly double because it's my bank account.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
He's a genuinely good guy. Now please produce a top 40 offense :lol:

I am for McElwain because that is what is best for UF's football program. I want what is best for UF's football team more than I want Foley revealed as what he was. I want what is best for UF's football program more than I want to be right about McElwain. I want what is best for UF's football program more than I want to see the SEC retaken from the mediocre UAL program that everyone including UF to some extent is trying to copy now.

I also recognized that others may want McElwain to fail quickly because in the long run that might be better for UF's football program than dragging out this mediocre era of UF football longer.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I am for McElwain because that is what is best for UF's football program.
I want Butters fired quickly because it obvious, just as obvious as it was by EARLY in 2012 with Mushchump (despite the record at the time), that Butters doesnt have what it takes to be a championship coach. He didnt even have what it takes to be a championship coach in the Little Leagues. He was, at best, a four loss coach who had several embarrassing and unexplanable defeats (AFA at Colorado State, Tinerc and Arky here) even in his best years.

No coach who cant recruit and cant score points will ever be a champiinship coach, no matter how much you like his Aw Shucks personality.

What might change my mind:

if we start TRYING to score points, not necessarily succeeding bc frankly that wont happen w our current roster, just trying rather playing Saban/Woody Hayes ball; AND

we immediately (because the effects arent felt for 3-4 years) starting recruiting like the elite team in the SEC. That means Bammer, OSU Clown Town level, not 6-7th in the SEC /9th-15th in the nation (which requires RAPID major upgrades to the staff).

I dont see this happening of course. Donkeys dont change their stripes.

Last edited:

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I'm not for Mac, I'm for the Gators. I want them to succeed and be near or at the top of the game.
If Mac gets us there, great, if not...then on to the next

EuroGator

Founding Member
Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Not a lick. I figure if you lawn boy has at least coached flag football at the Y he might be our guy.

It would be one thing if you were funny...

giphy.gif

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
All joking aside, this is good for our program. Good publicity about our coach never hurts.

GatorChatter is great because we are allowed to express our opinions and have - real - open discussion. Try posting some of the comments on here over at Gatorcountry or one of the other Homer Gator boards out there and you'll either get banned or you'll get jumped on by the Homer's that it will make your experiences posting there unenjoyable.

Keep up the good work boys, no matter what side of the fence you're on!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator