Why I ONLY like College Football

Jun 2, 2015
FACTS

In 2012 the NFL had an issue with Tim Tebow kneeling for each game to pray, they also had an issue with Tebow wearing John 3:16 as part of his eye-black to avoid glare, and made him take it off.

In 2013 the NFL fined Brandon Marshall for wearing green cleats to raise awareness for people with mental health disorders.

In 2014 Robert Griffin III (RG3) entered a post-game press conference wearing a shirt that said "Know Jesus Know Peace" but was forced to turn it inside out by an NFL uniform inspector before speaking at the podium.

In 2015 DeAngelo Williams was fined for wearing "Find the Cure" eye black for breast cancer awareness.

In 2015 William Gay was fined for wearing purple cleats to raise awareness for domestic violence. (Not that the NFL has a domestic violence problem...)

In 2016 the NFL prevented the Dallas Cowboys from wearing a decal on their helmet in honor of 5 Dallas Police officers killed in the line of duty.

In 2016 the NFL threatened to fine players who wanted to wear cleats to commemorate the 15th anniversary of 9/11.

So tell me again how the NFL supports free speech and expression, all of a sudden..

It seems quite clear based on these facts that the NFL has taken a position against any action by NFL players demonstrating RESPECT for any issue: For God, social causes such as mental health, cancer, domestic violence, for cops killed arbitrarily for being cops, for the Memory of 9/11...

But, they will allow demonstrations of DISRESPECT for our National Flag, our National Anthem, for America, and for the American People, if it will help mollify a particular Group and its supporters (such as BLM, and other leftists)

That is who and what the NFL has shown itself to be.

Pass this post along. Honor our military, too many of whom have come home with the American Flag draped over their coffin.

Why support any organization that does not support our Country, Human Rights or any of the items mentioned above. Find something better to do that help perpetuate their lack of equality and greed, find something else to do this Sunday, I am!

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
All of the uniform stuff is in collective bargaining. And the NFL never said they had a problem with Tebow praying. Solid chain e-mail, though.

FYI, the NCAA doesn't allow anything written on eye black anymore, either.

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
Interesting list, I don't watch much because the Dolphins suck and most other teams don't excite me.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Since I’ve never been on Facebook, you’ll have to tell me what this means.

I also have never been on or seen FaceBook, so you are not alone.

Back to the topic, the Sunday following the death of Johnny Unitas (aka Johnny U), perhaps the greatest and surely one of the greatest QB's of all time, Peyton Manning was going to wear black, high-top cleats during the Colts game in honor of Johnny U. Manning was told he would be fined b/c per the league all players must be uniform in their uniforms, so to speak. I do not remember if Manning wore the cleats to honor Johnny U, but I would have liked to have seen it free of any controversy!

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
All of the uniform stuff is in collective bargaining. And the NFL never said they had a problem with Tebow praying. Solid chain e-mail, though.

FYI, the NCAA doesn't allow anything written on eye black anymore, either.
Oh please. Facts? What do you think this, 2016? Get that crap out of here

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I also have never been on or seen FaceBook, so you are not alone.

Back to the topic, the Sunday following the death of Johnny Unitas (aka Johnny U), perhaps the greatest and surely one of the greatest QB's of all time, Peyton Manning was going to wear black, high-top cleats during the Colts game in honor of Johnny U. Manning was told he would be fined b/c per the league all players must be uniform in their uniforms, so to speak. I do not remember if Manning wore the cleats to honor Johnny U, but I would have liked to have seen it free of any controversy!

Correct. Peyton did not wear the black high tops after the NFL said no.

But the Ravens’ QB Chris Redman did. He didn't ask the NFL. He just did it.

Redman was fined for doing it but much less than Peyton would have been fined.

It is often better to ask forgiveness than permission.

Alex.

Last edited:

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
Whatever. I'm getting pretty fired up for the game actually.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Well, you're not moving up the list. SHoulda had Gator twins named Steven and Emmitt.

SaltGator

Founding Member
Midline
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Not to change the subject, but did anyone hear about the recent interview with Belichick where he was asked if he watched Brady's documentary series on Facebook. He replied that he did not have/do snapface. I love that , classic.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

B52G8rAC

SAC Trained Warrior
Lifetime Member
Feb 15, 2016
I don't mind the NFL enforcing their rules. I understand one must have standards. But until there is a 16 game suspension without pay for disrespecting the Flag and the National Anthem, I will not watch an NFL game; exercising your right to free speech doesn't mean there aren't consequences. Made it all season without a slip. Go Gators!!

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
FACTS

In 2012 the NFL had an issue with Tim Tebow kneeling for each game to pray, they also had an issue with Tebow wearing John 3:16 as part of his eye-black to avoid glare, and made him take it off.

this is actually completely false except for eye black which became part of the CBA in 2010 (the year Tebow entered the league and the same year the NCAA outlawed it). Which was due to a lot of unprofessional messages on eye black. You allow it for one, you have to allow it for all.

In 2013 the NFL fined Brandon Marshall for wearing green cleats to raise awareness for people with mental health disorders.

Per CBA a team has to declare before the season if they are a black or white cleat team, due to contract with Nike, outside of that it is a fine.

In 2014 Robert Griffin III (RG3) entered a post-game press conference wearing a shirt that said "Know Jesus Know Peace" but was forced to turn it inside out by an NFL uniform inspector before speaking at the podium.

Uniform violation per contract with Nike. Nike contract stipulates all apparel worn on and off the field during an NFL event has to be Nike.

In 2015 DeAngelo Williams was fined for wearing "Find the Cure" eye black for breast cancer awareness.

2010 CBA

In 2015 William Gay was fined for wearing purple cleats to raise awareness for domestic violence. (Not that the NFL has a domestic violence problem...)

See Nike Contract

In 2016 the NFL prevented the Dallas Cowboys from wearing a decal on their helmet in honor of 5 Dallas Police officers killed in the line of duty.

This is the one that didn't make any sense by the NFL stance.

In 2016 the NFL threatened to fine players who wanted to wear cleats to commemorate the 15th anniversary of 9/11.

See Nike Contract

So tell me again how the NFL supports free speech and expression, all of a sudden..
It seems quite clear based on these facts that the NFL has taken a position against any action by NFL players demonstrating RESPECT for any issue: For God, social causes such as mental health, cancer, domestic violence, for cops killed arbitrarily for being cops, for the Memory of 9/11...

conclusion based on, what exactly?

But, they will allow demonstrations of DISRESPECT for our National Flag, our National Anthem, for America, and for the American People, if it will help mollify a particular Group and its supporters (such as BLM, and other leftists)
That is who and what the NFL has shown itself to be.

Pass this post along. Honor our military, too many of whom have come home with the American Flag draped over their coffin.

Why support any organization that does not support our Country, Human Rights or any of the items mentioned above. Find something better to do that help perpetuate their lack of equality and greed, find something else to do this Sunday, I am!

Conclusion based on misrepresentation of the facts.

Woodroe

Sir Knowitall
Lifetime Member
Nov 13, 2017

this is actually completely false except for eye black which became part of the CBA in 2010 (the year Tebow entered the league and the same year the NCAA outlawed it). Which was due to a lot of unprofessional messages on eye black. You allow it for one, you have to allow it for all. This is false. I'm not aware of anywhere in the CBA that it says if you allow one you have to allow all.

Per CBA a team has to declare before the season if they are a black or white cleat team, due to contract with Nike, outside of that it is a fine. This is false.
2015-NFL-Pink-October-Dion-Lewis-X160016_TK1_1047.jpg
url

Uniform violation per contract with Nike. Nike contract stipulates all apparel worn on and off the field during an NFL event has to be Nike. This is false.
CtOn3-cWEAAhMOM.jpg

2010 CBA
See Pink Shoes

See Nike Contract

See Cam Newton

This is the one that didn't make any sense by the NFL stance.

I agree whole heartedly

See Nike Contract
See Cam Newton

conclusion based on, what exactly?

See above

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

Eye Black:
NFL
Rule 5, § 4, Article 8 and abandoned proselytizing though eye
black.23 NFL Rule 5, § 4, Article 8 states in relevant part:
“[t]hroughout the period on game-day that a player is visible to
the stadium and television audience . . . , players are prohibited

Shoes, up until April 16th 2017 (after all examples given). The show policy is dictated by the NFL contract with Nike, which on April 16 2017 was renegotiate

Shoes
(g) Shoes must be of standard football design, including “sneaker” type shoes such as basketball shoes,
cross-training shoes, etc. League-approved tri-colored shoes are permitted with black, white, and one
team color. Each team must select a dominant color for its shoes, either black or white (with shoelace
color conforming to the dominant color of the tongue area of the manufacturer’s shoe). The selection
of dominant color must be reported by each team to the League office no later than July 1 each year.
Each player may select among shoe styles previously approved by the League office. All players on
the same team must wear shoes with the same dominant color. Approved shoe styles will contain one
team color which must be the same for all players on a given team. A player may wear an unapproved
standard football shoe style as long as the player tapes over the entire shoe to conform to his team’s
selected dominant color. Logos, names, or other commercial identification on shoes are not permitted
to be visible unless advance approval is granted by the League office (see Article 7). Size and location
of logos and names on shoes must be approved by the League office. When a shoe logo or a name
approved by the League office is covered with an appropriate use of tape (see Article 4(f)), players will
be allowed to cut out the tape covering the original logo or name, provided the cut is clean and is the
exact size of the logo or name. The logo or name of the shoe manufacturer must not be reapplied to
the exterior of taped shoes unless advance approval is granted by the League office. Kicking shoes
must not be modified (including using a shoelace wrapped around toe and/or bottom of the shoe),
and any shoe that is worn by a player with an artificial limb on his kicking leg must have a kicking
surface that conforms to that of a normal kicking shoe. Punters and placekickers may omit the shoe
from the kicking foot in preparation for and during kicking plays. Punters and placekickers may wear
any combination of tri-colored shoes provided that the colors are consistent with those selected by the
team and with the policy listed above.

I'm sure you will say this is wrong, because like every other post you do, you say wrong, then give no information to go with it.

Edit: None of the players who wore 9/11 tribute cleats were fined by the NFL.

Last edited:

Woodroe

Sir Knowitall
Lifetime Member
Nov 13, 2017
I'm sure you will say this is wrong, because like every other post you do, you say wrong, then give no information to go with it.
I'm not saying it. The information (Cam Newton and the pink cleats) is saying it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.