Why I ONLY like College Football

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I'm not saying it. The information (Cam Newton and the pink cleats) is saying it.

So pink cleats were commissioned by the league and their sponsor. Which is part of the rules as quoted above.

Woodroe

Sir Knowitall
Lifetime Member
Nov 13, 2017
Eye Black:
NFL

Shoes, up until April 16th 2017 (after all examples given). The show policy is dictated by the NFL contract with Nike, which on April 16 2017 was renegotiate

I'm sure you will say this is wrong, because like every other post you do, you say wrong, then give no information to go with it.

Edit: None of the players who wore 9/11 tribute cleats were fined by the NFL.
I'm also not sure that the OP was wanting to go into a diatribe of the actual rules as much as have a discussion about the specific uneven enforcement of those rules. Although your research was magnificent.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I'm also not sure that the OP was wanting to go into a diatribe of the actual rules as much as have a discussion about the specific uneven enforcement of those rules. Although your research was magnificent.

Not really that uneven... people find the flaws that what to find when it comes to their point of view. The NFL is a business, they have sponsors. They have to adher to those sponsors. When Champion was the official jersey maker, they only commissioned the garb on the field. Then noticed, Reebok caps, Nike Caps, Starter Caps were being worn by the players on the side lines. When Reebok won the contract, the rules got stricter, because Reebook wanted only Reebok gear on the side line (remember the Reebok Suits 49er Head Coach Nolan and Jags head coach (Del Rio?) wore. The eye black was less about Tebow and more about the other things being written on I black. Like what the Philly receiver putting his rap label icon on his, or the player with his "former" gangs symbol/icon on his.

People pointing out only the instances that fit their argument, to draw false conclusions. The NFL is in the business of make the NFL (and it's sponsors) money. Part of that is doing a tight rope of what will make people happy (which would be better qb without $hitty anti defense rules).

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I know. The point was that they make exceptons to the rules for some causes, not all causes.
That one is a league-wide cause, and it’s more than likely in a contract somewhere. The NFL has ALWAYS been strict on uniform standards.

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Big Ben is wearing one white and one black shoe, due to injury and swelling according to the site. But check out his OL in yellow shoes behind him.

Roethlisberger-bigger-cleat-11-25-15.png

Brandon Marshall is sporting lime green. Pretty sure the rest of the Bears aren't wearing the same shoes.

brandon-marshall-lime-green-nike-hypervenom.jpg

NFL approves some decals like this following the Aurora shooting in Colorado:

0ap1000000059751.jpg

But not this after the Dallas police shooting:

decal11.jpg

The point?

The NFL is not consistent in the application of these rules.

Alex.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Big Ben is wearing one white and one black shoe, due to injury and swelling according to the site. But check out his OL in yellow shoes behind him.

Roethlisberger-bigger-cleat-11-25-15.png

Brandon Marshall is sporting lime green. Pretty sure the rest of the Bears aren't wearing the same shoes.

brandon-marshall-lime-green-nike-hypervenom.jpg

NFL approves some decals like this following the Aurora shooting in Colorado:

0ap1000000059751.jpg

But not this after the Dallas police shooting:

decal11.jpg

The point?

The NFL is not consistent in the application of these rules.

Alex.

Alex if the shoe pictures were taken after April 16th 2017, the shoe rules are no longer as strict. You might want to check that.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...ers-option-to-wear-more-personalized-footwear

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Safe bet Brandon Marshall was fined for those shoes, as was whoever the Steeler was wearing the yellow shoes.

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
This is turning into a pissing contest.

Sigh.

OK. When was the last time the Steelers played at the Rams? Maybe 2015?

usa-today-8847675.0.jpg

This one is labeled August 18th, 2016:

steelers.jpg

Yes, the NFL takes uniform appearance seriously--very seriously. But what they allow and don't allow isn't always consistent.

Alex.

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
https://www.wsj.com/articles/the-nf...audience-a-wsj-nbc-news-poll-finds-1517569200

poll depicts a developing nightmare for the National Football League: Its core audience is losing interest rapidly, a potential threat to the league’s dominant role in American culture.

The poll shows that fans are following the sport less closely, even in key demographics, such as young men, that historically propelled the league’s growth. At the same time, parents increasingly want their children to turn away from football amid growing worry about player safety and the league’s efforts to address it.

The drop in interest spans age groups and the political spectrum—painting the picture of a sport that isn’t just experiencing a momentary dip, but a battle against fundamental questions about football’s future that have been building for years.

Black Dahlia

Lifetime Member
Nov 25, 2017
I will find slight comfort in the information garnered in this thread while I'm not watching the Superbowl tonight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator