Why is LSU playing AT Syracuse?

QueenCityGator

University of Florida Alumnus
Aug 12, 2014
Not too often do SEC schools venture outside of the Southeast (except for bowl games). I think this matchup is a good idea for LSU. It gets the players and program some exposure to the Northeast while providing a high likelihood of victory. I'd like to see us play on the road against a non-conference opponent (besides FSU). Maybe a team in California? Or how about up here in NC? It'd be great for me to drive 2 hours to see us play Duke, UNC, or NCSU (games in which we'd likely be favored).

Name and town if you wish to opine.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Right, because LSU football needs exposure.

I I love the idea and love the idea of us playing in a California or Oregon or Ohio St.

KCgator

Superhero
Sep 7, 2014
QueenCityGator;n285750 said:
Not too often do SEC schools venture outside of the Southeast (except for bowl games). I think this matchup is a good idea for LSU. It gets the players and program some exposure to the Northeast while providing a high likelihood of victory. I'd like to see us play on the road against a non-conference opponent (besides FSU). Maybe a team in California? Or how about up here in NC? It'd be great for me to drive 2 hours to see us play Duke, UNC, or NCSU (games in which we'd likely be favored).

Name and town if you wish to opine.

Home and home is my guess.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
We had a home/home with them in 1984 and 1991. We shouldn't lower ourselves to playing more than one A She She opponent per year.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
gardnerwebbgator;285754 said:
We had a home/home with them in 1984 and 1991. We shouldn't lower ourselves to playing more than one A She She opponent per year.

:agree:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gator lester

Sep 13, 2015
Better question is why they are making so many errors. We will not due to money. We might take a game at a neutral site with say Notra Lame.

Go Gata

Founding Member
aka Emersom Bigguns
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
At the half and up only 7-3, I'm betting the folks at LSU are asking themselves this question. Syracuse started their 5th string QB, apparently.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
HogtownGator;n285766 said:
:raisehand:We open the 2017 season in Arlington, TX v. Michigan.

That's a neutral site, not really the same as Home and Home.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Fournette's averaging 10 yards per carry. Just keep feeding him the ball, game over.

GMDGator

Founding Member
Slick Willie - RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 15, 2014
Founding Member
GatorBart;n285772 said:
Fournette's averaging 10 yards per carry. Just keep feeding him the ball, game over.

LSU has him another year too...

VulcanAlex

Founding Member
Senior Vulcan Cowboy
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
LSU D not showing up today and way too many foolish mistakes by their O. Probably not happening again, but who knows. Syracuse is not that good of a team even at home.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.