Why only 10 runs by our running backs?

QueenCityGator

University of Florida Alumnus
Aug 12, 2014
Any theories? Even though Jones was banged up, aren't Taylor/Brown/Powell more than acceptable replacements? Why change our play calling so radically? Why am I asking so many questions?

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Taylor might not be around. He tweeted tonight he is transferring.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
My theory centers around the assumption that Muschamp is a galactic retard.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
10 rushes....great sample size to go off of. So stupid. Can't just ditch the RBs dummy

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Would like to have seen what Adam Lane could do on a few carries. ??
Driskel took over a lot of carries.

TallyGator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
And as the game went on, he telegraphed his runs just like he telegraphed his passes. Taylor, Brown and Lane were supposed to be the runners tonight. Another horrible game plan...

backstop13

Behind Enemy Lines
Lifetime Member
Sep 7, 2014
it's obvious that since LSU struggled against between the tackle runs last week, Muschamp would game plan to not do that this week...the signs of an intellectual giant as our coach obviously.

RebelGator

Founding Member
Banned
Banned
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
QueenCityGator;n76751 said:
Any theories? Even though Jones was banged up, aren't Taylor/Brown/Powell more than acceptable replacements? Why change our play calling so radically? Why am I asking so many questions?

Diaper rash?

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I figured Taylor had to be hurt because I didn't see him after the first series. I kept wondering about Adam Lane also... other than the kick return... why not use him to get some tough yards... especially at the goal line!!!

I don't get why the kept running Driskel when the defense was keying on him.

Can I get a link to Taylor's tweet? Did he really say he was transferring?

Coach9

Sunshine Spreader
Sep 5, 2014
Look at the yards per carry. They ran what they were blocking effectively. Not that hard to figure out.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
ATXGator;n76889 said:
I figured Taylor had to be hurt because I didn't see him after the first series. I kept wondering about Adam Lane also... other than the kick return... why not use him to get some tough yards... especially at the goal line!!!

I don't get why the kept running Driskel when the defense was keying on him.

Can I get a link to Taylor's tweet? Did he really say he was transferring?

There must be something with him and Muschamp. Heck Muschamp had to almost be forced to play him much last season.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Coach9- you are going to go off of 10 rushes by multiple backs? Nobody could get into any rhythm and our "number 1 RB coming in to the season" got 2 carries maybe? Can't just abandoned the rbs after 10 carries

Coach9

Sunshine Spreader
Sep 5, 2014
GatorJay26;n76951 said:
Coach9- you are going to go off of 10 rushes by multiple backs? Nobody could get into any rhythm and our "number 1 RB coming in to the season" got 2 carries maybe? Can't just abandoned the rbs after 10 carries

It's not so much the backs as it is the blocking. We were not blocking the RB plays very effectively. Your +1 in run game with the QB runs. So it was more effective tonight. It was the right call.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Coach9 is one of the last of an endangered species still defending this garbage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.