Why the Mac bashing should stop, even though the bashers are correct

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
Mac's poor coaching is now thoroughly understood by board posters. Dissenting opinion ceased after the Michigan debacle and any surviving opposition was snuffed when cover detailed his many mistakes. The decision on Mac now rests with the AD and the bull gators and it will likely be made on performance, specifically offensive performance. More specifically on rushing. Last year we were dead middle in the SEC in passing and dead last in running the football. If our rushing this year is middle of the SEC pack, our offense will be middle of the pack and Mac will be retained. So complaining does nothing but lose recruits that the next coach will need. So if you want Mac gone, root for a win with a low rushing total and vent as little as possible. It is hurting recruiting and it is hurting the University

chferg

#CousinEddieTime
Aug 5, 2014
Are you retarded or just that idiotic that you think message board's are the cause for players to not commit here?

Honestly this whole post is the dumbest thing ive read in awhile....congrats, you've taken the title from 2222

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Everyone knows these idiots protesting the flag and anthem are wrong too. Guess that means we should all just shut up about it and do nothing. Great use of logic there...

CaribGator

Founding Member
Snappy for Nappy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The product on the field hurts recruiting more than anything else. That's on the coaches.

There was noise in the system for awhile, but Foley gave Chump unmerited extensions and raises anyway. If the noise didn't reach a crescendo we would still be watching chumpball. (Well, in a way we are still) So in my opinion, the sound needs to be raised higher, this staff is mostly garbage, ST are a joke, offense is clueless and barely functioning. How many players can you point to and say, 'they are better due to being coached up/developed '?? We need them gone, ASAP, and try once again to get the program on the right track.

Any sure fire hires out there? Not really, but after 30 games of evidence with this staff, they are not competent nor capable of making the Gators elite again. Let the search begin.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Here's the problem w/ the pumping (and I've mentioned this many times). Message boards have been around through the Zook, Muschamp, and McElwain years and it's the same thing over and over w/ the pumping. I understand being excited and supportive, but there's another side of this. As pumpers think - for some unknown reason - that their positivity is helping w/ recruiting or whatever....but what they are really doing is staying aboard a sinking ship to the detriment of "the program". UF Football is bigger than Jim McElwain, just like UF Football was bigger than Ron Zook and Will Muschamp.

"Pumpers" wear this support for a failing coach as a badge of honor and it's disgusting. Most of us who spend time on message boards follow "the program" more than most casual fans (i.e. the one's who come for a tailgate and cannot tell you the name of the starting Center or MLB, only the star players). Football is not rocket science. It's pretty easy to identify a mediocre coach or a very good coach. Pumpers take it personal that anyone would suggest "their" coach was mediocre! They cling to the failing coach literally until the day he's gone (some, as in Muschamp's case, even suggested "did we make a mistake firing him?"). So, while you're busy beating your chest over your support for the coach....."the program" is sinking (don't believe it? go look at the stands!). This happened for Zook and it happened again for Muschamp. Pumpers start threads about how great the hire was....how this is the "next Spurrier".....how Foley "hit a homerun!".....how this coach is "the best recruiter", "can develop talent", "is the most honest/ethical coach in the country...", etc, etc. When you step back from it, it's pretty stupid. Just like when people say that a recruit committed to "the school" and not to "the coach" (when a coaching change happens). As a fan, you should be committed to "the program", not the coach! Long after Jim McElwain is hanging out on his ranch in Montana counting all that UF cash....."the program" will still be here and you will be rooting for the next coach. You think fans would have learned their lesson w/ Urban Meyer - a pure coaching mercenary. There's no loyalty in coaching. Even Steve Spurrier said "see ya!" (I know....the "dumpers" ran him off").

I will repeat: the UF Football Program is bigger than Jim McElwain!

And Jim McElwain is sinking The Program.....

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
The product on the field hurts recruiting more than anything else. That's on the coaches.

There was noise in the system for awhile, but Foley gave Chump unmerited extensions and raises anyway. If the noise didn't reach a crescendo we would still be watching chumpball. (Well, in a way we are still) So in my opinion, the sound needs to be raised higher, this staff is mostly garbage, ST are a joke, offense is clueless and barely functioning. How many players can you point to and say, 'they are better due to being coached up/developed '?? We need them gone, ASAP, and try once again to get the program on the right track.

Any sure fire hires out there? Not really, but after 30 games of evidence with this staff, they are not competent nor capable of making the Gators elite again. Let the search begin.
Pretty much spot on, but then that wasn't the issue was it? The question was, "How much good did you do in re-hashing that do?"

Lake Gator

SUBMARINERS GO DEEPER
Lifetime Member
Feb 13, 2016
Let the dumpers dump and let the kneelers kneel. First Amendment gives both the right to do so and gives you and I the right to disagree/ignore them. WRT to Mac...just keep winning, baby.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
If you read the post you will see that there is no request for pumping whatsoever. Mac has not coached well. Discussion of his mistakes should continue game by game as he makes new ones. The repeated observations of his inadequacies is merely mental masturbation. But then, "To each his own", said the little old lady as she kissed the cow.

Blacklabgator

Lurking Member
Lifetime Member
Jul 7, 2014
Unless there is a total meltdown and or the staff is involved with the CC thing. He's here through at least this point next year of not the entire season next year. I've come to grips with it.
Hell. With his luck he will probably knock off FSU and get another two years.

CaribGator

Founding Member
Snappy for Nappy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Pretty much spot on, but then that wasn't the issue was it? The question was, "How much good did you do in re-hashing that do?"

Your opening post had no question as insinuated in the reply quote. You had stated we need to stop bashing, I stated that we need to do the opposite, make the noise louder. That is the only way to end this failed experiment quickly. Stricklin has shown he isn't that sharp in evaluating a football coach by giving those recent extensions. Need more noise and bull gators to make it happen.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
The obligatory the "fans" are costing us recruits post. And how about the old "we ran off Meyer and Spurrier" too.

Come on man...

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Cause and effect. I'm sure the perception of things doesn't help. But the reality of what is being put on the field is going to be the reason for any potential recruiting struggles. Personally, I think there can be a balance of not being thrilled with the staff, while also enjoying wins and being hopeful that things improve. But as I've noted before, McElwain isn't just facing the heat of his performance through 30 games. He's really facing the wrath of fans that have been unsatisfied for 8(really 9) years. Not exactly fair, but it's reality.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
Your opening post had no question as insinuated in the reply quote. You had stated we need to stop bashing, I stated that we need to do the opposite, make the noise louder. That is the only way to end this failed experiment quickly. Stricklin has shown he isn't that sharp in evaluating a football coach by giving those recent extensions. Need more noise and bull gators to make it happen.
No way to know which POV is correct, but if the offense shows definite improvement and the CC fraud doesn't touch Mac, then most observers who have watched ADs operate would bet on him being retained. Arguably, the constant noise helps him stay. Decision makers would take the fans more seriously if the complaints came at a decisive moment. I know that when I made decisions I listened more carefully to those who offered them prudently and not to those who objected frequently.

TheSaintThing05

Founding Member
Frost or death
Jun 17, 2014
Founding Member
Unless there is a total meltdown and or the staff is involved with the CC thing. He's here through at least this point next year of not the entire season next year. I've come to grips with it.
Hell. With his luck he will probably knock off FSU and get another two years.

Ive come to terms with this as well. Unless Mac goes like 3-8 or maybe 4-7, he's back next year.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Arguably, the constant noise helps him stay. Decision makers would take the fans more seriously if the complaints came at a decisive moment. I know that when I made decisions I listened more carefully to those who offered them prudently and not to those who objected frequently.
Oh give me a break. That analogy is terrible. If you are going to compare fans to a business situation then for starters they aren't employees, they are more like shareholders of a large company. So you tell me what would make more of a difference. Every once in a while at a shareholders meeting some "prudent" concerns were voiced, or consistent, deafening noise from angry shareholders 24/7, 365?

It's a rhetorical question, we all know the answer.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Here's the problem w/ the pumping (and I've mentioned this many times). Message boards have been around through the Zook, Muschamp, and McElwain years and it's the same thing over and over w/ the pumping. I understand being excited and supportive, but there's another side of this. As pumpers think - for some unknown reason - that their positivity is helping w/ recruiting or whatever....but what they are really doing is staying aboard a sinking ship to the detriment of "the program". UF Football is bigger than Jim McElwain, just like UF Football was bigger than Ron Zook and Will Muschamp.

"Pumpers" wear this support for a failing coach as a badge of honor and it's disgusting. Most of us who spend time on message boards follow "the program" more than most casual fans (i.e. the one's who come for a tailgate and cannot tell you the name of the starting Center or MLB, only the star players). Football is not rocket science. It's pretty easy to identify a mediocre coach or a very good coach. Pumpers take it personal that anyone would suggest "their" coach was mediocre! They cling to the failing coach literally until the day he's gone (some, as in Muschamp's case, even suggested "did we make a mistake firing him?"). So, while you're busy beating your chest over your support for the coach....."the program" is sinking (don't believe it? go look at the stands!). This happened for Zook and it happened again for Muschamp. Pumpers start threads about how great the hire was....how this is the "next Spurrier".....how Foley "hit a homerun!".....how this coach is "the best recruiter", "can develop talent", "is the most honest/ethical coach in the country...", etc, etc. When you step back from it, it's pretty stupid. Just like when people say that a recruit committed to "the school" and not to "the coach" (when a coaching change happens). As a fan, you should be committed to "the program", not the coach! Long after Jim McElwain is hanging out on his ranch in Montana counting all that UF cash....."the program" will still be here and you will be rooting for the next coach. You think fans would have learned their lesson w/ Urban Meyer - a pure coaching mercenary. There's no loyalty in coaching. Even Steve Spurrier said "see ya!" (I know....the "dumpers" ran him off").

I will repeat: the UF Football Program is bigger than Jim McElwain!

And Jim McElwain is sinking The Program.....

:exactly:

Leonardo-DiCaprio-Clap.gif

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
Oh give me a break. That analogy is terrible. If you are going to compare fans to a business situation then for starters they aren't employees, they are more like shareholders of a large company. So you tell me what would make more of a difference. Every once in a while at a shareholders meeting some "prudent" concerns were voiced, or consistent, deafening noise from angry shareholders 24/7, 365?

It's a rhetorical question, we all know the answer.
Shareholders complain annually and are ignored annually. If all posters were as circumspect as SouthFla, the topic would not arise. Do you have any friends honest enough to tell you truthfully how UF fans are perceived by the rest of the SEC?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.