Why Will Grier ultimately transferred from Florida

Omar's Coming Yo!

Gator til the grave
BANNED
Oct 6, 2016
I see where you're coming from, and I'm not going to disagree. I'm simply going to say that Grier gave Mac an easy out and Callaway has not. Heck Callaway has an open Title IX suit against UF. He did get rid of Treon, but he sucked and that was easy. So Callaway is the closest example and we don't know all the factors. I hope that Mac's inconsistency is because of other circumstances, but we just don't know. So I can't defend the inconsistency or argue that he is being inconsistent. If Callaway is allowed another pass or if we find out that the debit card was his idea, then we can hang Mac on the issue. I'm with the kick Callaway off the team right now crowd, FTR.
All I'm seeing are excuses. He's been busted for weed, connected to a sexual assault, been in the company of a child molester and now defrauded UF. I don't want to here any of you pumpers jump all over any other school for harboring thugs.

Omar's Coming Yo!

Gator til the grave
BANNED
Oct 6, 2016
Correct me if I'm wrong, but Grier asked to transfer, he wasn't kicked off the team. Maybe we're splitting hairs here, but he left on his own.
When the coach doesn't give you any options, doesn't allow you to be near the team etc what choice did Grier have? Sit on the bench behind less talented guys? He would've beaten every single one of the QBs on the roster. Mac didn't want grier as his QB. You could see that from:

1. The QB competition when TREON MFING HARRIS was named the starter

2. How Mac jizzed himself over LDR in practice when he came here and how they tried to get him eligible right away.

3. The lack of praise he gave Grier. Even his "support" at the WG PED PC seemed phony. Then Mac shoved him aside by blowing him off. How Mac said Grier wanted guarantees but backed off when it was brought up again.

4. How Griers new HC gushes over Grier and you don't hear anything about entitlement, his dad or blow. In fact I think that was all started by UF fans to lay the blame for Grier leaving.

IMO Mac is a fraud masquerading as a HC and most players can see through his aw shucks crap. IMO this team doesn't respect this staff and we will crumble at the first sign of trouble.

Uncle Rob

Lifetime Member
Sep 10, 2016
The fact that they never said what the PED was says a lot. I don't believe that it was some trace amount in a supplement. There have been rumors that it was Bolivian Marching Powder, which leaves your system really fast. It may have been more than one. If Mac felt that Greir was trying to cheat drug tests, it makes it hard to keep him. Still sucks. If he had stayed he would have started against Arkansas and would be the starter today.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
All I'm seeing are excuses. He's been busted for weed, connected to a sexual assault, been in the company of a child molester and now defrauded UF. I don't want to here any of you pumpers jump all over any other school for harboring thugs.

And yet he has only been cited for a minor misdemeanor.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Hey Ray how about you do more shutting the F up and concentrate on reading. I clearly state and have stated that he should be gone. So take your Miami trash ass, get hooked on phonics and learn to read. Oh and enjoy your last few hours on here, because we'll be enjoying the next few months without your Miami stench stinking up the place.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Hey Ray how about you do more shutting the F up and concentrate on reading. I clearly state and have stated that he should be gone. So take your Miami trash ass, get hooked on phonics and learn to read. Oh and enjoy your last few hours on here, because we'll be enjoying the next few months without your Miami stench stinking up the place.
:burn2:

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
giphy.gif

chuckmcphail

Lifetime Member
Sep 21, 2016
Same reason they hate Meyer -- he's no longer a Gator.

I tend to believe Grier more than Mac, who has more to gain by distorting. Besides, Mac had Grier and Harris even to start the 2015 season, which is insane. That tells you all you need to know about Mac's prejudice.

And his judgment on talent.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
Every time Grier gets brought up it ends up a huge crying session. It hilarious that so many grown men are so butt hurt over a spoiled brat who screwed himself and his team. NOBODY here knows the first thing about what happened between the brat and the coach. My god people, move the f v c k on already. The only person that was able to change the circumstances is now playing somewhere else. NOBODY else is to blame. If everyone is so great at speculating, go play the lotto.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Every time Grier gets brought up it ends up a huge crying session. It hilarious that so many grown men are so butt hurt over a spoiled brat who screwed himself and his team. NOBODY here knows the first thing about what happened between the brat and the coach. My god people, move the f v c k on already. The only person that was able to change the circumstances is now playing somewhere else. NOBODY else is to blame. If everyone is so great at speculating, go play the lotto.

Wait and watch what happens if West Virginia beats VT and Grier throws for 350 yards and 3 plus TDs - especially if the Michigan game doesn't turn out good.

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah, hard for me to throw rocks at anyone considering some of the pole working women I woke with at that age... :embarrassed:

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014

Best post you've ever made here!

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I don't believe that the suspension was the only issue with Grier. Look at the father, look at the family. It's a me first attitude and a look at me environment. We all know the rumors about the partying and issues there. I think Treon starting was some passive aggressive mind games with Mac. I also think the suspension was beyond the last draw. We certainly don't know what all happened, but my thoughts are that the kid was a cancer on the team and Mac had an opportunity to jettison him before it affected the locker room. I hate that he had to leave, but I really don't think it was just over the suspension. I think there was much more to it.

We certainly don't know, but we're all allowed to speculate, and your "thesis" sets the groundwork for what may have happened. This was Muschamp's broken team he inherited and from the earliest acts, which included the over-the-top sideline rant at Taylor, Mac was the new dog marking his territory.

We all shook our head over him having Grier and Harris even when it was so obvious who was the better quarterback. Mac felt he had to test Grier before he was willing to give ground. When Grier got suspended, there was yet another test, this time sterner. I'm personally convinced what happened in the decisive meeting didn't amount so much to a demand for the starting time, maybe not even so much a demand for time, but more a kid looking for acceptance.

He knew he was better than anyone else on the roster. Why would he have been paranoid about not winning the job back on the field? Because Mac was back to marking territory, only this time worse, much worse. He didn't like the kid's cocky arrogance and he had even less stomach for the father.

Yes, it was Grier who made the decision to transfer, but at that point the relationship was pretty much kaput. If the kid was willing to risk that much, it couldn't have been a good situation. No one flies off the handle that easily and risks their career, and I don't think Grier did either. He knew he had to go.

Turk182

Founding Member
Just don't care anymore
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Will Grier is lightning in a bottle!

He has "It", whatever that is.

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
The article says that that didn't happen. That Mac retracted that.

Perhaps I was not clear, just having the meeting means to me that he was desiring some assurances beyond actually winning the job by his performance. That is a guarantee in my mind. If he was my son I would have told him as a Gator stay, work hard, make no more mistakes and everything will work out well.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Perhaps I was not clear, just having the meeting means to me that he was desiring some assurances beyond actually winning the job by his performance. That is a guarantee in my mind. If he was my son I would have told him as a Gator stay, work hard, make no more mistakes and everything will work out well.

As a father I'm putting my son in the best position to succeed. All players meet with the coaches after the season. Which is what was happening. Mac was being aloof. This is his kid's future and they wanted to make sure they were still in the plans.

Mac purposely kept the two of them waiting. That's disrespectful. I hold meetings all day and I make sure I'm on time.

I get what you're saying. But Mac didn't want to keep him due to whatever reason. And that's his choice. But it wasn't because of wanting playing time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.