Wildwood Wildcats 2018 1A State Champs Boys & Girls

Discussion in 'Main Sports Forum' started by Fodderwing, Mar 6, 2018.

1. Fodderwing

Fodderwing Member
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $47
    Ratings:
    +47 / -0
    Yep, 301 is Main Street in WW.

2. Fodderwing

Fodderwing Member
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $47
    Ratings:
    +47 / -0
    Wildwood beat Lake Weir High one year 91 to 0, may have been the '70 team.

Couple years later LW beat WW 44 to 43 and the newspapers played up as if LW won the super bowl.

• Fodderwing

Fodderwing Member
      Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
      $47
      Ratings:
      +47 / -0
      I almost certainly know you or some of your family. Coach Palmer was my Civics teacher.

The Perry's ran a hardware store, I remember Johnny Van Perry. It is an a ACE now and still in the family, run by one of the grandsons.

My roots run deep in WW, one of my great grandfathers helped build the old Presbyterian church, the first church building in WW.

• stephenPE

stephenPE Senior Member
        Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
        $1,074
        Ratings:
        +6,073 / -310
        We had a Church of Christ preacher in Newberry named Spivey. He quit and went to open or run a hardware store in Wildwood back in the 70s or early 80s. Did you know him. I dont think he lasted very long.

• GatorTAG

GatorTAG Paid Member
        Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
        $4
        Ratings:
        +2,809 / -35
        Yes

Ronnie Perry and his brother owned the Ace Hardware. Ronnie sold his half to his brother about 20 years ago and moved to NC. He's a property appraiser up there and got all his kids involved in that business. They're all doing VERY well.

I used to play golf at Rolling Hills and swim at the pool when I was a kid. Used to fish at Lake Miona when I was young as well.

#25 GatorTAG, Mar 11, 2018
        Last edited: Mar 12, 2018
        • Fodderwing

Fodderwing Member
          Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
          $47
          Ratings:
          +47 / -0
          Yes, I did know Mr. Spivey. I did not know where he came from, that is interesting. Mr. Spivey took over from Mrs. McCain, I guess bought her out. My father had an account at that store and we bought stuff for the farm there.