Will Grier, the legend

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
C'mon, man, this is a ridiculous argument and you know it. The kid took whatever the phuck he did because he was trying to get stronger. Was it dumb? Sure as hell was dumb, but we demonize him while accepting as a fact of life the guys who smoke dope and get busted?
Im all about riduculous statements. Surely you know that by now. Who is demonizing him? He's a dumb fock but I know he will do well there.

And who is accepting the potheads? Surely you're not suggesting it's me.

Just a test of your intelligence, Law. It's you and me and two others for a game of beer football. One of the two others is all roided up, the other stoned off his ass. You have first pick of who's on your team. Who are you going with?
I think i have to know your fraternity also to make a sound judgment about your ability to chug beer.

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I don't give a damn what the naysayers, jealous, holier than though say. I like the kid's moxie and confidence that his arm can make the play. Mac is a dumbass, even if you don't plan on using him or promising anything, recognize talent Mr. Popcorn, you don't let that type of QB walk... until you have something better and ready to hit the field. With that, may I suggest you shove your Claribel up your rectum, Mac.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I dont think there is the slightest doubt that Butterteeth cant recognize talent.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Im all about riduculous statements. Surely you know that by now. Who is demonizing him? He's a dumb fock but I know he will do well there.

And who is accepting the potheads? Surely you're not suggesting it's me.

I think i have to know your fraternity also to make a sound judgment about your ability to chug beer.

Generalized comment. I'm amused by all the self-righteousness over Grier when some of his own teammates did worse things. IN MY OPINION.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
Am I the only one who thinks that the fact that he brought his father is significant? Have some experience with kids with academic problems. Bringing a parent to the conference at a university seemed to be a tip off.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Generalized comment. I'm amused by all the self-righteousness over Grier when some of his own teammates did worse things. IN MY OPINION.
Well, only one dude in recent history (or ever?) managed to get himself banned.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
If Grier had wanted to stay, he could have stayed. Nobody forced him to leave. Even if Crete and his merry band of Grier knobslobbers are right and Mac suggested he leave, he wasn't forced. And we all damn well know there was no QB on the roster that could beat him out when he came back the next year. He could have stayed. And Mac couldn't have kept him off the field because the fans absolutely adored Grier. They would have pitched a royal fit to see him play again. Grier left because he wanted to.

diehardg8r

Sep 14, 2014
Grier didn't want to leave but he didn't feel welcomed anymore. I think at first he was really embarrassed an felt horrible about what had happened. It was a mistake but an honest mistake and he was hoping that his coach (you know, the one that people have referred to as the QB whisperer) would stand behind him and support him. He didn't and basically showed him the door.

Meanwhile the same coach continues to show confidence in the current offensive coordinator without even flinching. Does that make any sense at all?

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Anything but my friend....anything but. The truth is Grier was anything but dishonest in this situation.....Mac on the other hand....not so much.

According to you...and your friend... But your story has changed from honest mistake buying something OTC to the team was providing.. which is it? Do you know the Grier's personally to make the assumption that they are not lying? They don't have a history at all of using a story or the media to fit their own narrative at all.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Grier didn't want to leave but he didn't feel welcomed anymore. I think at first he was really embarrassed an felt horrible about what had happened. It was a mistake but an honest mistake and he was hoping that his coach (you know, the one that people have referred to as the QB whisperer) would stand behind him and support him. He didn't and basically showed him the door.

Meanwhile the same coach continues to show confidence in the current offensive coordinator without even flinching. Does that make any sense at all?

diehard it's an honest mistake you don't make at a D1 school, most UF athletes have their OTC cough meds checked before taking them. So you don't think you should have your OTC muscle supplement checked?

I fault Butters for being an A$$, but to assume their is only one party responsible for Grier leaving is naïve.

diehardg8r

Sep 14, 2014
diehard it's an honest mistake you don't make at a D1 school, most UF athletes have their OTC cough meds checked before taking them. So you don't think you should have your OTC muscle supplement checked?

I fault Butters for being an A$$, but to assume their is only one party responsible for Grier leaving is naïve.

Actually they get them right out of the Training Room, I know because I have personally given out cough drops to cover the pot smell on their breath. I never assumed it was the responsibility of one party and never said that in the post. Butters never made any effort to keep him on the roster and was glad to see him go IMO. I think that was dumb and now we are seeing the ramifications of that decision. That's my position and it is a position that correlates with my other statements about Macs decisions which don't make alot of sense if he is indeed trying to improve the offense. Feel free to disagree but don't misrepresent my positions in doing so.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Pretty sure Butters does also.
Im pretty sure he doesnt. Pretty sure he still thinks LDR gives them the best chance to win. Dont be surprised to see him trot out there at some point this season. After yanking franks that quickly and talking about wanting to do a 2 min drill with LDR would you really think otherwise?

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Actually they get them right out of the Training Room, I know because I have personally given out cough drops to cover the pot smell on their breath. I never assumed it was the responsibility of one party and never said that in the post. Butters never made any effort to keep him on the roster and was glad to see him go IMO. I think that was dumb and now we are seeing the ramifications of that decision. That's my position and it is a position that correlates with my other statements about Macs decisions which don't make alot of sense if he is indeed trying to improve the offense. Feel free to disagree but don't misrepresent my positions in doing so.

So athletes don't buy OTC meds and have them sampled? To say that they do not get OTC meds and supplements they do not have them tested is just incorrect. It happens and happens on a regular basis with the information of the player who deposited the sample and location they purchased it. So to say that just get them from the training room is true for some, but it's often enough that there is a regular pick up EH&S to properly dispose of the chemical waste that happens due to the testing.

As far as Butters trying to keep him on the roster, Butters was part of at least two attempts to reduce/remove the suspension for Wil Grier. What was said between Butters, Wil and Chad we can only guess. Butters has made a ton of $hit decisions, and he is a complete A$$.

diehardg8r

Sep 14, 2014
So athletes don't buy OTC meds and have them sampled? To say that they do not get OTC meds and supplements they do not have them tested is just incorrect. It happens and happens on a regular basis with the information of the player who deposited the sample and location they purchased it. So to say that just get them from the training room is true for some, but it's often enough that there is a regular pick up EH&S to properly dispose of the chemical waste that happens due to the testing.

As far as Butters trying to keep him on the roster, Butters was part of at least two attempts to reduce/remove the suspension for Wil Grier. What was said between Butters, Wil and Chad we can only guess. Butters has made a ton of $hit decisions, and he is a complete A$$.

I didn't say they ONLY get them from the TR.

I didn't say they ONLY get them from the TR and frankly who cares. The bottomline for me is Mac and his motivations and how they affect the team. Grier was the one QB in quite some time that was doing a decent job and seemed to be able to move the offense. Butter should have done more to keep him on the team, he didn't. Be part of the attempts to reduce/remove the suspension is the minimum any coach would do for that matter for their starting QB. He should have gone the extra mile for Will........................as he is doing for Nuss. Defend that!!

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Mac basically told Grier his presence with and around the team and practice was not wanted after the suspension. The suspension was just for games and Grier should have been running the scout team to help the defense get quality opposition.

By isolating Grier from practice, in effect, Mac set the stage for the ultimate outcome. This was Mac's choice and decision and his alone. He did not have enough football moxie to recognize Grier's talent and vastly superior upside and that is on nobody but that fat-ass, stupid, CLOWN.

Mac SHOULD have been working out whatever differences he had with Grier's attitude, lifestyle, or whatever negative he had with the player by meeting with him after practice and letting Grier know he wanted change in this or that....not just sending the kid to isolation.....what the fck kind of coach does something so stupid?

Grier was a GATOR and wanted to be and stay a Gator and Mac just fcked it up because he thought Luke Del Rio was the answer and Franks recruitment just further solidified Mac's fcked up attitude about Grier. Thus, Mac sat there and told Grier and his concerned father that maybe a fresh start might be a good idea.

This is all on Mac....1000%......fck that fat-ass, big sky, son of a bitch and get the fck out of Gainesville, yesterday! He is absolutely killing our football program with his total incompetence in every area!

diehardg8r

Sep 14, 2014
Mac basically told Grier his presence with and around the team and practice was not wanted after the suspension. The suspension was just for games and Grier should have been running the scout team to help the defense get quality opposition.

By isolating Grier from practice, in effect, Mac set the stage for the ultimate outcome. This was Mac's choice and decision and his alone. He did not have enough football moxie to recognize Grier's talent and vastly superior upside and that is on nobody but that fat-ass, stupid, CLOWN.

Mac SHOULD have been working out whatever differences he had with Grier's attitude, lifestyle, or whatever negative he had with the player by meeting with him after practice and letting Grier know he wanted change in this or that....not just sending the kid to isolation.....what the fck kind of coach does something so stupid?

Grier was a GATOR and wanted to be and stay a Gator and Mac just fcked it up because he thought Luke Del Rio was the answer and Franks recruitment just further solidified Mac's fcked up attitude about Grier. Thus, Mac sat there and told Grier and his concerned father that maybe a fresh start might be a good idea.

This is all on Mac....1000%......fck that fat-ass, big sky, son of a ***** and get the fck out of Gainesville, yesterday! He is absolutely killing our football program with his total incompetence in every area!

One that doesn't want him around in the first place. Wonder how Saban would have handled it?

chferg

#CousinEddieTime
Aug 5, 2014

This is all on Mac....1000%......fck that fat-ass, big sky, son of a ***** and get the fck out of Gainesville, yesterday! He is absolutely killing our football program with his total incompetence in every area!

What's comical is he has given guys like Callaway, Scarlett, etc... a million chances with much bigger issues than Grier. One slip-up by Grier and he told him to take a hike...

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Why is it obvious it wasnt anabolic?

Why are the rules so easy for the other 30,000 ncaa athletes but so unfairly arbitary and confusing for poor WG.
Don't forget there is a snitch on the team.....and that snitch is most likely a QB......a bad one with a noodle arm.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.