Will Grier suspended rest of season for taking PEDs

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I posted a link to the UAA policy on this including punishment... anybody else read that and see that Grier is going to also lose a year of eligability?

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
If he was taking a supplement simply to try to put on weight, I don't care what it was. I don't think his UF career should end over it. Serve your suspension and then come back and play.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Mr2Bits;n296139 said:
Don't think this is the case. A caller on Finebaum said he used to take it and its an added ingredient in crap you buy at Walmart and even the Dollar Store.

Great source ;)

I've been looking and you can't get it just anywhere, only online. Trying to see what products might contain it, coming up empty.

That said, Hope ATX is correct

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
itsgr82bag8r;n296142 said:
So, you're calling Mac, and the entire UF athletic department, liars? They said it was from an OTC supplement. By it's nature, OTC means you can get it just about anywhere. If there's no requirement for an Rx, then it's OTC.
No, I'm not, and OTC just means you can buy it legally and without a prescription, it doesn't mean every place will have it. It would also mean that he didn't accidentally take it, he would have had to make effort to get it, that shows intent.

And again, we'll see if ATX was correct.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Concrete Helmet;n296125 said:
I hope he didn't confess based on this alone....."Look, I was at a party last week and we were all drinking from red solo cups.....", Hell it could be a set up, doesn't Treon sit next to Grier on the bench, maybe he slipped something into Will's Gatorade bottle? I know I would fight this to the bitter end and burn in hell before I would ever confess to this....Talk about a perfect alibi....

Yeah, or like he already did, he could be a man, come clean, take his punishment, and move on. History is much kinder to those who are honest about their mistakes. Look at the difference in perception between guys like Barry Bonds, Lance Armstrong, Alex Rodriguez, Ryan Braun, Roger Clemens, etc. compared to Andy Pettite. When you start building a card house of lies, eventually the house falls down. Best thing to do in a situation like this is be honest.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
URGatorBait;n296148 said:
No, I'm not, and OTC just means you can buy it legally and without a prescription, it doesn't mean every place will have it. And again, we'll see if ATX was correct.
It doesn't matter a hill of beans to me either way. He needs to serve his suspension and then return to play. Sounds like you want him executed.

Swamped Gator

Sep 17, 2014
The Volnation thread on this is hysterical. They think we will now lose 3 SEC games, UGA will lose one more, and the Vols will beat Bama to end up in Atlanta.... I wan't whatever illegal stuff they are smoking!! :crazy:

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I think it is a joke of a system if that is true about some college teams you can get just a couple of game suspension for this.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n296151 said:
It doesn't matter a hill of beans to me either way. He needs to serve his suspension and then return to play. Sounds like you want him executed.

If any player made an active effort to take banned substances, then yes, we don't need them. Again, read my posts, I hope ATX is correct that it's not Ligandrol.

Mr2Bits

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Can everyone stop referring to this as a steroid.....its classified as a PED and is one of the 650 stupid things on the NCAA list you can't accidentally take. You know there is too many things banned when cough medicine has to be checked. Could you imagine rolling up to a gas station and wanting to get a monster or 5 hour energy and not being able to swig it until its tested by a staff?

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n296155 said:
I think it is a joke of a system if that is true about some college teams you can get just a couple of game suspension for this.
It's not, this is NCAA rules, not school rules.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
URGatorBait;n296157 said:
If any player made an active effort to take banned substances, then yes, we don't need them. Again, read my posts, I hope ATX is correct that it's not Ligandrol.

A little harsh don't you think with someone making a first time mistake trying to gain weight probably

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
depression-5-300x162.jpg

The plays just aren't going to be the same...

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
URGatorBait;n296160 said:
It's not, this is NCAA rules, not school rules.

Well there is some article claiming some schools have lesser penalties but they may be wrong in their reporting and the NCAA overrides their penalties I guess

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n296162 said:
A little harsh don't you think with someone making a first time mistake trying to gain weight probably

Your reading comprehension is failing you.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

If different college teams get different punishments it would go against the restoration process outlined by the 1 year suspension in the NCAA hand book of drug testing.

[url="http://www.ncaa.org/sites/default/files/DT%20Book%202014-15.pdf"[/url]

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member

PEDs are an NCAA issue...not up to the schools. Recreational drugs are the ones that each school decides the level of punishment. UF's policy on recreational drugs is pretty lenient compared to many other schools.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator