Will Grier transferring, free to go to ANY school

Doopree

Lifetime Member
Sep 2, 2015
Well, he's going to show them video of the last two drives at Tinerc and the good two quarters vs Ole Miss and hope. He is obviously not the normally juco kid. The NFL drafts on measurables and potential anyway, not actual proven ability to play.

He was always a "quickest route to the NFL" guy.

But he red-shirted.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Sorry, but freshman QBs almost never work out and they are usually hurt if not destroyed by playing too soon. Agent Hoverdad knows that.

The key to getting to the NFL quickly is getting on the field quickly, playing in your second year and hopefully getting national recognition in your third year (for top round draft slot and the big initial contract).

He wanted and got a commitment from Chimp to start him, no matter what... just like Chimp gave Driskel. That's why he didn't waiver even when Chimp went 4-8 and the team look like Dawgshyt. He didn't waiver when the OC change. He didn't waiver when a spread OC came on board. He wasn't concerned about whether the coach had a history of scoring points or developing QBs. He certainly isn't committed to O&B, he was committed to the promise of starting in 2015, no questions.

Fvkking up and getting banned this year blew it all up. This is the only path to NFL in 16 that he has and he is going to take it.

Last edited:

Gatorphan

Founding Member
Clown Sniper
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Pretty interesting write up of the Grier Saga.

Something was going on.
Good find. This article reminded me that TH3 started the opener. Really? Mac is a better judge of QB talent than that. He's obviously a good judge of character too. I have a feeling we will find out what the real issues were as the layers of the onion are pealed back.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Mac thought otherwise and encouraged him to leave.

It's really amazing to me how much effort you put into almost every thread carrying water for Dawgchimp and Driskel.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Grier expected the starting job to be given to him when he came back off the suspension, and likely, both he and his bunghole father were told that it would not be the case.

Distraction gone, competition ensues.

TheBigClaw

Founding Member
Proud to be a Gator
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Good luck, Will.... Thank you for preserving our streak over the Vols

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
Mac thought otherwise and encouraged him to leave.

It's really amazing to me how much effort you put into almost every thread carrying water for Dawgchimp and Driskel.
Your refusal to give Driskel a fair evaluation fascinates me. But, hey, we didn't need the 457 yds and 3 tds with no ints that Jeff threw for tonight. We were better off with Treon.

I Have No Friends :(

Founding Member
Gator Bait! It's only racist to dumb Fuchs
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Your refusal to give Driskel a fair evaluation fascinates me. But, hey, we didn't need the 457 yds and 3 tds with no ints that Jeff threw for tonight. We were better off with Treon.
Driskel looked like garbage against Mississippi State earlier this year, you know like he did most of the time against the SEC. Congrats to Driskel for moving on and doing well, but color me unimpressed.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
Well damn. Can't say I'm real surprised. I was one of the folks taking some grief for saying I thought he was done at UF, then was pleasantly surprised when Mac said he was "coming back" Turns out he was just going to eff us one more time. Too bad, he is a helluva talent, but if the drug issues are real we're definitely better off without him. Won't miss his family even a little.

Not so sure about going after a 3rd QB in the same class though. Is Haskins great enough to justify the risk of another Diskel Brissett situation?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Your refusal to give Driskel a fair evaluation fascinates me.
Here is his fair evaluation, he is in the best system for him. He can't run the read option so all run based spreads are out. He can't read defense so any vertical offense is out. He needs to be in a short pass based spread where he glances downfield once for a quick short read, read two, then run.

That isn't Mac's offense. That's why Mac and every other power conference coach didn't want him and why he's playing little league. I'm amazed at house impressed you are by little league stats.

You can crow about the fact that he managed a good game against Southeast Arkansas A&M all you want. His last game he had 5 turnovers like always.

Last edited:

PastyStoole

Founding Member
Man, there's no boundary line to art. ~Bird Parker
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The guy has exhibited major character flaws, so him taking the chickensh*t route isn't surprising. First he gets suspended, then he quits showing up to practice and he doesn't attend a single game...even as a fan in the stands to support his teammates. Lastly, doesn't like that he isn't promised to be inserted as the starter the moment he's eligible , so he decides to transfer. Hey, Will, thanks for ****ing us over for the LAST time. :bananawave:
I believe it's Mac's rule that suspended players must stay away from the team completely. I don't like it if that's the case, and frankly, especially at the QB position, all it does is put the kid's development in retrograde.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Interesting story by Frangie and quite surprised he even wrote that. Anyway, I trust Mac completely in how he handled the suspension and what he is doing now. I really wanted to Grier to come back and was excited when Mac announced that he would last week. Without knowing there must be way more going on than what we know. We do now actually have a clean slate. Mac can get us a QB that is his, no meddling social idiot father in Chad Grier to deal with, and having a distraction over with. Hate to see him go and hope there are stipulations on his transfer. But in all I know Mac is doing what is best for UF.

SaltGator

Founding Member
Midline
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I have heard speculation that Grier lied to UF about the circumstances and what PED he took, and UF may have asked him to transfer.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I have heard speculation that Grier lied to UF about the circumstances and what PED he took, and UF may have asked him to transfer.
I don't doubt he took something more than a protein shake, but I do have doubts about him being asked to transfer. If that was the case, I don't think Mac would've announced he was coming back on Jan. 5th.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Hopefully that freshman coming in picks it up quick enough to be the starter pretty quickly. Harris just keeps regressing now that defenses know his tendencies. A few true freshman have done alright in SEC play.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator