Will Kate Steinle's killer collect money from Kalifornia?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by pilot-in-fla, Dec 2, 2017.

1. pilot-in-fla

pilot-in-fla Deplorable
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $194
    Ratings:
    +3,971 / -70
    The runaway jury that let Kate Steinle's killer off only convicted him of felon in possession of a firearm. While that is a serious offense in the Federal system, in anti-gun Kalifornia, the only serious gun laws are applied to law abiding citizens trying to defend themselves so this is a pretty minor offense.

In any event, even if the Judge sentences the killer to the maximum, he has already served that much and more (based on his good conduct in prison). That means he has spent more time in jail already than he should. Will he be able to monetize that and collect from Kalifornia for false imprisonment? Can't say that I know the answer but I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up with a nice chuck of change. I guess the best that can be said is that they won't return the stolen firearm to him but as a career criminal, he should have no problem getting another one.

https://hotair.com/archives/2017/12/01/acquitted-immigrant-jose-zarate-wont-face-jail-time-will/

2. Traumagirl

Traumagirl Taken

Oxbucks:
    $47
    Ratings:
    +208 / -10
    Such a terribly sad story. I do think this solidifies people stance on immigration and especially that lack of enforcement for criminals. The dems want to skew the vote having more minorities vote for more free things.

Problem: You can't maim and kill the current folks who are voters in the process or you won't get the chance to change the demographics, they will vote against you. If ever there were a poster child for the problem for sanctuary cities this is it. While I am horrified this man got off, I have to hope it not in vain. I have to hope it electrifies the voting base that says NO MORE!!!

No more people are going to come into my country and kill out people and receive sanctuary to commit crimes! ENOUGH!!!

3. Swamp Donkey

Swamp Donkey Shytter's Full!
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $2,679
    Ratings:
    +25,636 / -541
    He is going to prison.... federal prison.

4. Traumagirl

Traumagirl Taken

Oxbucks:
    $47
    Ratings:
    +208 / -10
    Not for long enough. And this is going to sound awful, but in the long run his light sentence will do more to electrify the country against criminal illegal aliens being given sanctuary than any long sentence would have. Her death, hopefully, will not be in vain and in a way bigger than the punishment of this one criminal. He is the poster child for all that is wrong with immigration.

5. Frozen Gator

Frozen Gator Well-Known Member
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $158
    Ratings:
    +747 / -7
    Would you feel the same way if the victim was a man? That happens all the time and isn't reported by MSM.

6. Traumagirl

Traumagirl Taken

Oxbucks:
    $47
    Ratings:
    +208 / -10
    Are you joking? If the question is real the answer is yes I would feel the same if a man. Men murdering other gang members is business as usual. Issue: men are involved. Here is an innocent woman.

7. Gator Fever

Gator Fever Senior Member

Oxbucks:
    $261
    Ratings:
    +4,235 / -66
    I don't think you can collect for serving time while a case was pending no matter the outcome of the case and max sentence for a given charge. To collect in FL you need to show the prosecutor did something really bad to keep you locked up and purposely hid it from the defense or something like that. FL does now give people money that have been locked up for years on cases it turns out they were 100% innocent. They didn't before but the legislature decided to start doing it on a case by case basis.

8. Frozen Gator

Frozen Gator Well-Known Member
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $158
    Ratings:
    +747 / -7
    The ISSUE is illegal immigration, sanctuary cities and WHO is legally allowed into this country.

9. pilot-in-fla

pilot-in-fla Deplorable
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $194
    Ratings:
    +3,971 / -70
    Well, we are talking Kalifornia here. I would think any jury that could find this guy not guilty of a killing he confessed to could reward him with some taxpayer money.

10. Gator Fever

Oxbucks:
    $261
    Ratings:
    +4,235 / -66
    True with a jury but I doubt even the courts in California would let that stand. If this was something Black Lives Matter connected they would probably give him money with no case going to court even if the law was clear on the matter that they had no liability.

11. daytonacane

daytonacane Newbie

Oxbucks:
    $1
    Ratings:
    +249 / -3
    Texas or Florida would have fried this guy. California is one big hot mess of a sanctuary state. Cut off all federal funds and let the snowflake movie stars support the state.

12. AlexDaGator

AlexDaGator The Hammer of Thor
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $195
    Ratings:
    +6,828 / -10
  13. Swamp Donkey

Swamp Donkey Shytter's Full!
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $2,679
    Ratings:
    +25,636 / -541
    He is going to do more federal.prison time than he would have for murder in Kali state court.

14. Traumagirl

Traumagirl Taken

Oxbucks:
    $47
    Ratings:
    +208 / -10
    How much time?

15. Gator Fever

Oxbucks:
    $261
    Ratings:
    +4,235 / -66
    I think he is facing up to 10 years on each of the Federal charges.