:popcorn:
:bob:

I mean seriously, check out the similarities:

[video=youtube;yfAeMtcURg0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yfAeMtcURg0[/video]

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
threatmatrix;n73179 said:
Does anybody remember in the days pre-muschamp. When there was a division on the team because of quarterbacks. Was it Tebow/leak? Seemed like the team was rooting for one of the QBs and played better when he was in.

Not Tebow/Leak. There were fans that were excited to see TT, and loved the enthusiasm he played with. But no one in their right mind felt that a Freshman should supplant a Senior QB, and certainly no one on the team.

I think you're thinking of Jordan Reed spelling Brantley, and some(including me) thinking he should get a shot at starting QB. A few players made twitter comments about JR being better, so I could imagine there was a little discord.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
soflagator;n73289 said:
Not Tebow/Leak. There were fans that were excited to see TT, and loved the enthusiasm he played with. But no one in their right mind felt that a Freshman should supplant a Senior QB, and certainly no one on the team.

I think you're thinking of Jordan Reed spelling Brantley, and some(including me) thinking he should get a shot at starting QB. A few players made twitter comments about JR being better, so I could imagine there was a little discord.

I think that was after a Vandy game where Reed hit some passes and we moved the ball but if I remember correctly the receivers were wide open basically. Reed may have rushed for a lot that game also.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Gator Fever;n73290 said:
I think that was after a Vandy game where Reed hit some passes and we moved the ball but if I remember correctly the receivers were wide open basically. Reed may have rushed for a lot that game also.

He threw possibly the bast pass of the season to Thompson(I think) for a TD on his first drive. I seem to remember decent coverage. But open or not, he actually hit the receiver in stride and we moved the ball. Brantley's first 2-3 drives went no where. The only time we ever looked decent on offense that season was when Reed played. He didn't even know the plays, or how to line up, as he'd been a TE for the past year, and he was still an upgrade.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
soflagator;n73294 said:
He threw possibly the bast pass of the season to Thompson(I think) for a TD on his first drive. I seem to remember decent coverage. But open or not, he actually hit the receiver in stride and we moved the ball. Brantley's first 2-3 drives went no where. The only time we ever looked decent on offense that season was when Reed played. He didn't even know the plays, or how to line up, as he'd been a TE for the past year, and he was still an upgrade.

I think at that point I was also in the camp of give Reed a chance to start. Its been frustrating for 5 years now.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
soflagator;n73294 said:

I call BS. No way Thompson caught a pass...

QueenCityGator

University of Florida Alumnus
Aug 12, 2014
795.jpg

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
ufgator2002;n73017 said:
I believe this week we will see a difference in the passing game and it is because of CJ Worton. I know he is freshman but the kid has great hands and route running ability. Also he plays in the slot where most of our drops have come from. I think he will make some good catches early that will aid in opening things up a bit for some play action as well as free up DRob more on the outside. It will will also give JD a bit of confidence and will be enough to give us the win. Not saying JD will be light years better, but I think he will do enough to win. Go Gators!
I hope you are right. However, the chump's comments about the fact that Driskell was going to play regardless proves that he has learned nothing yet. JD's problem (along with his obvious deficits) is that he doesn't have the "it" factor. The team does not play well with him in. That's not his fault but it's still a huge factor for a QB. I'm afraid what we're going to see is more of the same. A continued reverting back to what we've seen the last 3 years. No hurry up as promised. No imagination in play calling. No shots down the field. Blah, blah, blah. Just the fact that you've see another "competition" for backup going on when Grier was already ahead of Morningweg. It's just the chump's way of letting everybody know JD is the QB and I think he is hugely relieved to be alleviated of the pressure of playing Harris. I hope I'm wrong. :deadhorse:

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
ATXGator;n73155 said:
Grier hasn't practiced in 2 weeks... Skyler is learning to be a future coach and that is all. Treon is suspended. Jeff is what we got. He is a big part of the problem, but if the receivers make some catches then it makes a difference and maybe the offense moves forward and scores some points and our defense holds LSU and we win.
I don't know if practice is what is needed to out perform JD but I do agree that the chump is never, ever going to start Grier or Morningweg until forced into it. I don't think he would have started Harris either this week -- I think his presser told us that. I think he actually sounded relieved to be able to start JD. After all, he showed JD films of the things he's done right in the past. What a bunch of tripe.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
oxking;n73404 said:
I don't know if practice is what is needed to out perform JD but I do agree that the chump is never, ever going to start Grier or Morningweg until forced into it. I don't think he would have started Harris either this week -- I think his presser told us that. I think he actually sounded relieved to be able to start JD. After all, he showed JD films of the things he's done right in the past. What a bunch of tripe.

You know King I almost fell its like this.......WM see JD as a version (offensively) of himself. Kid with some decent talent. At a program that's struggling (yes you are Will). And plain just seems familiar as when WM at UGAly. He had to walk on there and that's about the only difference, Driskel was highly sought. WM and JD had started. Sure they may have been better players. Really stink it up ( WM was torched often especially by SOS). Who else would back them up, especially now at UF. For some reason he just goes overboard with JD.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJ;n73205 said:
Driskel is the biggest problem with the offense. Period. Are there drops? Sure. I watch NFL games that are riddled with them and the QBs continue to make plays and overcome the drops. He's abysmal. Grier needs to get some serious practice time this week.

In NFL game the recievers with the most drops have the talent to overcome those drops, I don't know if that is the case here either. We are deficit in both QB and Receiver. Which is a huge issue. We have had less talent qbs at UF, but had the talent at WR to overcome it (Brindise). We have had quarterbacks that overcame lack of great talent at wide receiver. But when you don't have a good consistent talent at either, you get what we have seen the last two weeks.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
TheDouglas78;n73490 said:
In NFL game the recievers with the most drops have the talent to overcome those drops, I don't know if that is the case here either. We are deficit in both QB and Receiver. Which is a huge issue. We have had less talent qbs at UF, but had the talent at WR to overcome it (Brindise). We have had quarterbacks that overcame lack of great talent at wide receiver. But when you don't have a good consistent talent at either, you get what we have seen the last two weeks.

We also had one of the greatest offensive minds that has ever roamed a college football sideline coaching em up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.