Will we play this Saturday? Should we play?

QueenCityGator

University of Florida Alumnus
Aug 12, 2014
Will Dallas have enough resources to handle evacuees and the game?

Name and town if you wish to opine.

kepler

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
There's lots of help and supplies coming from Dallas and Ft. Worth this week; as long as they have enough responders they'll play.

chuckmcphail

Lifetime Member
Sep 21, 2016
Short of a terrorist act at the stadium this game will get played. too much hype on this game coming in. I guess the team is waiting until Friday to travel. I don't know if this is good or bad. would like for them to get a practice and a walk-through in the stadium so that the nerves kinda wear off and they can focus on the task at hand.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Talked to the folks in Big D at our Hotel. It's on baby. They are fine there.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Yes and yes. Fly out Friday per normal as any road game and have a walk-thru. No biggie.

LSU gets another gift. Hope this one backfires on them as well.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Yes, and depends on needs for Houston. If the stadium and surrounding hotels, motels etc are needed, than we should move the game.

Oh, and it's Jay from Orlando.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Yes we should play and Texas would want us to play.

I am amazed at how shocked many seem to be at how Texas is handling this storm. Having lived in Dallas for five years back in the nineties, I believe that nothing can stop the people of the great state of Texas. Texas is what America used to be and therefore the people are the best of the best.
They will be fine no matter what.

Gator2222

Nov 25, 2016
I'm not sure the current climate supports the demand for a participant to select a hometown.

I am confident in my status as a resident of Gainesville. However, in these times there are almost certainly some that would be confused and even angry over an attempt to assign them a hometown. What if you live in Atlanta, but self identify as a person from Fairbanks even if you have never been to Fairbanks? What if you identify as both a resident of Tampa and also a resident of Orlando? What if you were born in Miami and now live in Tallahassee?

There was a far simpler time when a question such as "what is your hometown?" was easy to answer. Those days are gone.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
giphy.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online