Winning bid: $7,500.00 -Piece of Goal Post from Ole Miss vs Alabama upset Oct 4, 2014

Gatorious

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
$_57.JPG

Item specifics
Condition:Used: An item that has been used previously. See the seller’s listing for full details and description of any imperfections. See all condition definitions

This is piece of history! Its the First time the Rebels have beat Alabama in more than a decade. They are 5-0 for the first time since 1962 and its the first time EVER they have beaten a number 1 seed. Even the producer of said it was the best GameDay yet. After Ole Miss whooped Alabama’s ass I managed to help rip down the goal post and grab this historical souvenir. As much as I want to keep it I’m a broke college student that could use some extra money. You can see in the pictures thats me on the goal post, and me holding up the piece in the grove. This is an insert in the end of the top post that connects with the middle support beam. You can see the screw was snapped off and for some reason this was the only piece that was able to come out of the post so it is a one of a kind. If someone could somehow make this into a keg tap, it could possibly be the coolest thing to possibly have in a man cave

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Piece-of-Goa...p2047675.l2557

==

A current one...

Piece of Goal Post from Ole Miss vs Alabama upset October 4, 2014
I have a two inch ring from the south endzone goal post from the Alabama ole miss game. I'm trying to raise money for my tuition. I'm willing to meet in Oxford if you live in Oxford. Just message me if you have any questions
Item condition:
Used

Time left:

Time left:22h 7m 12s [FONT=Verdana !important](Oct 14, 2014 15:22:57 PDT)[/FONT]

Current bid:

US $610.00
[ 10 bids ]
==
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Piece-of-Goa...3D321545655535

background: Ole Miss fans lay claim to goalposts

Updated: October 6, 2014, 10:52 AM ET
By Darren Rovell | ESPN.com

Hours had passed since Ole Miss fans tore down the goalposts at Vaught-Hemingway Stadium after the Rebels beat Alabama 23-17 on Saturday, but somehow one of them was making its way through the main drag in Oxford, carried by students who looked like determined worker ants. "The police are kind of tough around here," said Buckner Corso, who is in his fifth year at Ole Miss and finishing a graduate degree in accounting. "But we were just walking down the street, people were honking, and they were laughing at us."
Corso said some of his friends brought the goalpost from the stage area in the Grove to his tailgating area, and from there, Corso said he and about 20 others carried it around campus before it arrived at his apartment about a mile away.
After Corso tweeted a picture of the goalpost in his apartment, he quickly got a response from Ole Miss athletic director Ross Bjork.
"Save me & @CoachHughFreeze a piece," Bjork tweeted back.
He followed it up with advice.
"Be careful cutting it, or we can help you be safe and cut it up for you," Bjork said.
Come Sunday morning, Corso said he and his friends decided they would cut it up into roughly 30 pieces using a saw.
"I know I want to put an inscription on mine, and I'm going to keep it," said Corso, who didn't know whether the others would take a more opportunistic route and try to sell their pieces.

That wouldn't be anything new -- even at Ole Miss.
In 2002, after Ole Miss beat Florida, the Ole Miss Loyalty Foundation sold 100 6-inch pieces of the goalpost on wood plaques with all the details about the game for $100 each.
And yes, Corso said pieces were saved for both Freeze and Bjork.
Each goalpost costs about $4,000 to replace.
With the win, the Rebels moved up to No. 3 in the Associated Press rankings, and they are tied with their in-state rival Mississippi State at 5-0.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/...tar-afterparty

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
They've got The Barn in Oxford, if they can win at the rival Corndogs, they'll enter the Egg Bowl unbeaten. MSU has a tougher road, having to win at Bammer.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Those dudes probably found that scrap metal in a construction area somewhere.

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n79380 said:
Those dudes probably found that scrap metal in a construction area somewhere.

No kidding. How could you possibly prove that was real? And for $7500... I'd want the whole goal post.

Gatorious

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Today, the piece currently for sale-SECOND LINK in OP- (notice it is for a mere 2" ring), is now over 5K...

[h=1]Piece of Goal Post from Ole Miss vs Alabama upset October 4, 2014[/h]

[h=2]Seller information[/h] jgoldy850 (70 )
100% Positive feedback

[h=2][/h] Condition:
Used

Time left:5h 27m 42s (Oct 14, 2014 15:22:57 PDT)

US $5,350.00
38 bids

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.