Wisconsin Academics

VulcanAlex

Founding Member
Senior Vulcan Cowboy
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf...ards-were-a-reason-for-leaving-155021128.html

Andersen said he was frustrated that he couldn't get some recruits into the university.
"It's been well [documented] there were some kids I couldn't get in school," the Badgers' former coach said. "That was highly frustrating to me. I lost some guys, and I told them I wasn't going to lose them.
"I think they did what they were supposed to do [academically] and they still couldn't get in. That was really hard to deal with."
Anderson also said this:
"That's not Wisconsin's fault," Andersen added. "That's Wisconsin's deal ... I want to surround myself with those kids I can get in school."

His departure from the Badgers after Oregon State coach Mike Riley replaced Nebraska coach Bo Pelini was the most surprising coaching move of the offseason. While Wisconsin is considered a good job in the Big Ten – it's right with or above Nebraska for best in the West status – Oregon State isn't in the upper echelons of the Pac-12.

I wonder if UF is just as stiff.

Bloviate!!

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I saw an article on our standards for football players once and it wasn't much higher than the NCAA standard. There might have been a certain basic class or two we required that some others didn't if I remember correctly but not much different. I doubt if Wisconsin's standards are much above the NCAA either. Schools also don't really admit usually what some of their standards are with something like SAT etc. and say they take multiple things into account but its obvious top athletes get a break.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
From what recall, we don't take as many partial qualifiers as our competition.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Speaking of qualifying standards I think the NCAA is requiring stricter ones for football p[layers starting with next year's class and the changes would have made about 50% of recruits ineligible back a few years ago when they passed the new changes. I wouldn't be surprised if we hear a lot about it next year if the kids aren't on the ball in high school with the new changes coming.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
UW likely requires their prospective student-athletes to fornicate with a block of their choice of cheese as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator