With a heavy heart, I have to tell you that Gatorsports.com has made me an offer I can't refuse

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I can't imagine this going over very well, but it has to be put out there. I was approached recently by ownership of the Gainesville Sun, who of course controls Gatorsports.com. Evidently they have crunched some numbers and want their forum back. They made me an offer that frankly surprised me.

Broadly, the deal entails Gatorchatter and it's content being absorbed back into the GSMB, using their existing software. That means that the GCMB would no longer exist, and everyone here will be back on the GSMB. There are going to be some people that leave and they understand that. I asked if I could at least be a moderator back there again, and they are going to stick with it being employee managed - no volunteer moderators. It also spells the permanent end to the Political Forum.

After some back and forth, I reluctantly took the deal. It has been an enormous pleasure building and growing this forum for the last two years, but it's time to turn the chapter in my life and try something else. I can't thank everyone here enough.

The changeover is supposed to take place in May. I'll get back to you with as many details as I can to make this transition as seamless as possible.

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Dr.-Who.gif

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Now that I have thought about it. It would actually be an upgrade to this dump.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.