WM and Driskel Talk The Read Option

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
deuce said:
I can't believe they are still holding back for Bama!

That's just stupid, unless we win, then it's brilliant!
:clap:

TallyGator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Don't let your eyes deceive you. You see it live or on television...it is bad decisions by the guy with the ball...the play sucks when a better decision would have gained something. Then, a day or two later, another person tries to temper, or change, what you saw with your own eyes. I am now convinced that Will Muschamp does not possess the right set of tools to be a successful head coach and Jeff Driskel cannot be a successful D-1 quarterback.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
TallyGator;n51955 said:
Don't let your eyes deceive you. You see it live or on television...it is bad decisions by the guy with the ball...the play sucks when a better decision would have gained something. Then, a day or two later, another person tries to temper, or change, what you saw with your own eyes. I am now convinced that Will Muschamp does not possess the right set of tools to be a successful head coach and Jeff Driskel cannot be a successful D-1 quarterback.

So it's a bad decision when he runs the play the coach called and handed the ball off like he was supposed to? Because it seems as if you're just flat out accusing them of lying when you have absolutely no idea what you're talking about as far as what plays are being called. Unless you somehow tapped into their radio frequency on the headsets and know UF's playbook.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Muschamp was just being nice in what he said. Just look at his statement - He didn't know why Driskel didn't keep the ball on some of those plays - its probably part of Driskeling.

ReelGatorDoc

Sep 9, 2014
Let's see what game plan we bring to BAMA. Then we'll know a lot more about the underlying theme for the year with regards
to Driskel using his legs. I hope we're full speed ahead on ALL options. Live with what comes from that and head into the rest
of the season.

Hopefully a battle that we can win

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch;n51960 said:
So it's a bad decision when he runs the play the coach called and handed the ball off like he was supposed to? Because it seems as if you're just flat out accusing them of lying when you have absolutely no idea what you're talking about as far as what plays are being called. Unless you somehow tapped into their radio frequency on the headsets and know UF's playbook.
Hey! We have some posters on here who have watched a couple Duke games so they now know Roper's system like the back of their hand. TV view and all where you get the best views of the whole field.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
-THE DUDE-;n52032 said:
Hey! We have some posters on here who have watched a couple Duke games so they now know Roper's system like the back of their hand. TV view and all where you get the best views of the whole field.

It's so painful seeing people trying to act like they know what they're talking about with football when they clearly don't. :facepalm:

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
-THE DUDE- said:
Captain Sasquatch;n51960 said:
:lol:

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
TallyGator;n51955 said:

(1) If JD did make a ton of bone headed decisions you think it is in the best interest for WM to throw him under the bus to the media, knowing how many "fans" are already nipping at his heels like a pack of blood thirsty wolves just waiting for him to trip? NOT throwing the QB under the bus is what NOW convinces you that WM does not possess the right set of tools to be a successful head coach? Talk Georgia Southern or 4/8 or what ever...ok fine. But NOT throwing the QB to the wolves (ie fans) is the thing that convinces you? I'd say quite the opposite. I'd say it's a smart move to protect your QB by not subjecting him to even more criticism.

(2) If JD did in fact miss some reads you are NOW convinced JD cannot be a successful D-1 quarterback. He made some mistakes no doubt. He had a horrendous first half. But no mention or credit is deserved that he did have a level enough head to get back in the game and have a good second half. You want to focus on a missed read, an overthrown long ball or a interception and say he's not D-1 material.?.?. I saw him throw for 295 yards on a Stoops brother defense and THREE touchdowns, including a clutch 4th down TD pass in overtime. Could there have been more pressure on him in that moment??? Hell NO! And he made the play. Why focus only on mistakes? I'd say but most standards 295 yards passing with 3 TD's and I interception is a pretty respectable day.

No, it's not Heisman numbers and he probably will never be ALL SEC but to say he is not a D-1 QB is just wrong. Too many people already have their minds made up about JD so they refuse to acknowledge any improvement that he HAS made. Folks see what they wanna see. Whether a "pumper" or a "negative nancy". I try and remain neutral but I'm pulling for him because that means good things for the Gators. So am I hoping to see improvement??? Hell yeah. Therefore, despite some bad plays, I was able to see him have a pretty good day. When's the last time he threw for 295 yards and 3 TD's w/ one int? I see improvement...which is all any of us said we wanted before the season started.

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
We live in a world of excuse makers.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Alagator;n52095 said:
(1) If JD did make a ton of bone headed decisions you think it is in the best interest for WM to throw him under the bus to the media, knowing how many "fans" are already nipping at his heels like a pack of blood thirsty wolves just waiting for him to trip? NOT throwing the QB under the bus is what NOW convinces you that WM does not possess the right set of tools to be a successful head coach? Talk Georgia Southern or 4/8 or what ever...ok fine. But NOT throwing the QB to the wolves (ie fans) is the thing that convinces you? I'd say quite the opposite. I'd say it's a smart move to protect your QB by not subjecting him to even more criticism.

(2) If JD did in fact miss some reads you are NOW convinced JD cannot be a successful D-1 quarterback. He made some mistakes no doubt. He had a horrendous first half. But no mention or credit is deserved that he did have a level enough head to get back in the game and have a good second half. You want to focus on a missed read, an overthrown long ball or a interception and say he's not D-1 material.?.?. I saw him throw for 295 yards on a Stoops brother defense and THREE touchdowns, including a clutch 4th down TD pass in overtime. Could there have been more pressure on him in that moment??? Hell NO! And he made the play. Why focus only on mistakes? I'd say but most standards 295 yards passing with 3 TD's and I interception is a pretty respectable day.

No, it's not Heisman numbers and he probably will never be ALL SEC but to say he is not a D-1 QB is just wrong. Too many people already have their minds made up about JD so they refuse to acknowledge any improvement that he HAS made. Folks see what they wanna see. Whether a "pumper" or a "negative nancy". I try and remain neutral but I'm pulling for him because that means good things for the Gators. So am I hoping to see improvement??? Hell yeah. Therefore, despite some bad plays, I was able to see him have a pretty good day. When's the last time he threw for 295 yards and 3 TD's w/ one int? I see improvement...which is all any of us said we wanted before the season started.

Show me a QB with as many starts as Jeff in FBS that never even showed a hint of having good field awareness and composure that turned it around big time and all at once had a bunch of "it". I can't really think of any. I remember a few throwing a bunch of picks their first few games but just a few games later were showing they had good field awareness and composure. His body language even gives off he freaks under pressure most times.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n52097 said:
Show me a QB with as many starts as Jeff in FBS that never even showed a hint of having good field awareness and composure that turned it around big time and all at once had a bunch of "it". I can't really think of any. I remember a few throwing a bunch of picks their first few games but just a few games later were showing they had good field awareness and composure. His body language even gives off he freaks under pressure most times.

He really freaked when Latroy Pittman lined up in the wrong formation and he had basically 7 seconds and no timeout to get him lined up right, get the play off, and score a TD so they wouldn't lose. I really wish we had someone with more composure that would have succeeded in that situation so we didn't have to lose to Kentucky in overtime.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch;n52103 said:
He really freaked when Latroy Pittman lined up in the wrong formation and he had basically 7 seconds and no timeout to get him lined up right, get the play off, and score a TD so they wouldn't lose. I really wish we had someone with more composure that would have succeeded in that situation so we didn't have to lose to Kentucky in overtime.

I am talking about just throwing the ball out there for grabs when about to be sacked. That is dangerous as hell and will probably get us killed against the good teams. He did that multiple times or just staring at a wide open Robinson in the end zone like he was freaking and couldn't throw the ball for that second.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n52106 said:
I am talking about just throwing the ball out there for grabs when about to be sacked. That is dangerous as hell and will probably get us killed against the good teams. He did that multiple times or just staring at a wide open Robinson in the end zone like he was freaking and couldn't throw the ball for that second.

If you're going to point out some of the bad plays he made (which every QB makes bad plays/reads), then you're bound by obligation to point out the clutch plays he made to keep us in the game.

Turk182

Founding Member
Just don't care anymore
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
GatorStud;n52096 said:
We live in a world of excuse makers.

Or agenda driven BDD fans! (Blind Deaf and Dumb)

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch said:
Gator Fever;n52106 said:

If you're going to point out some of the bad plays he made (which every QB makes bad plays/reads), then you're bound by obligation to point out the clutch plays he made to keep us in the game.
His bad greatly outweighs the good

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch;n52103 said:

:headshake:

Some people are too stubborn to admit ANYTHING positive once they've closed their mind. I saw some mistakes by JD and was definitely frustrated by him on some occasions. But I also saw the obvious progress Roper had made with him. Just seeing him get into the locker room, make adjustments and do a 180 in the second half showed me his composure has improved and he is taking the coaching from Roper well. That's something to be optimistic about. BUT alas... as I previously mentioned, people see what they wanna see and Fever's comments only further prove my point.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch said:
Gator Fever;n52106 said:

Not really, though. He's had one turnover in 95 touches (88 passes, 7 rushes), thrown for 4 touchdowns, had at least 5 or 6 catchable passes dropped (some on 3rd down), and has already thrown for more yards than he did last year and 1/3 of what he threw for in 2012.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch said:
Gator Fever;n52106 said:

He is 14-3 also right

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.