Try to hit this.....

giphy.gif

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I bring a set on our summer beach vacation trip, with 10 wiffle balls. We just play homerun derby. Me, 2 other dads, 4 strapping teenage boys, and my 2 girls. It's one of the most looked forward to events during that week. I have never been beaten.

I never thought of playing cork ball (to be honest, I havent thought of cork ball in 25 years). Zero chance any of them could hit it. But I'll make one up this year. I wonder how a champagne cork would work?

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Cork ball was a blast. Taped a penny to the end of a wine cork with adhesive tape and used a standard broomstick for the bat. Used to play with my best friend, dad and the firefighter next door. We dominated those old fckers. :lol:

BNAG8R

Founding Member
I don’t care
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I was probably an MLB pitcher if not for wiffle ball - I ruined my elbow trying to throw curves and screwballs, and chased elbow problems my entire HS career.

Totally worth it though.

I had an unhittable dropball, and learned to throw a real knuckleball with a whiffle ball.

My real knuckleball would knuckle about 30% of the time, but one night playing American Legion ball, I couldn’t miss. I was Phil f*cking Neikro. I don’t think I ever had as much fun on the mound, because a good moving knuckleball makes hitters look stupid, and I, my team, and the umpire were all laughing our asses off. I was never able to repeat that night again.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
. I reached down to pick it up and another kid kicked me in the face. I'm now surrounded. I knew I was in trouble. I grabbed the helmet and somehow was able to sidestep about four or five of them and haul ass back to my seat.

Did one look like this?
poster%2C210x230%2Cf8f8f8-pad%2C210x230%2Cf8f8f8.lite-1u1.jpg

Gator87

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
My roommates and I used to play back in the 80s while living in the Hawaiian Village Apts, if you hit it over the building it was a home run. I don’t know how many balls we hit that landed on the roof and never came down, they’re probably still up there.

g8tr72

Lifetime Member
Jun 8, 2016
My roommates and I used to play back in the 80s while living in the Hawaiian Village Apts, if you hit it over the building it was a home run. I don’t know how many balls we hit that landed on the roof and never came down, they’re probably still up there.

Definitely not after the last few hurricane seasons.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.