Worst dagger in the heart play

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Talking about screen passes on another thread gave me an idea for this one. What play to you as a Gator fan absolutely ripped your heart out at the time and still pisses you off the most when you recall it. Mine was the 93 FSU game when Dunn caught a screen pass and went the distance. It felt like we had the momentum and we were at home. It still makes me want to throw s*** when I think about it. Tell me yours.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Jordan Reed's fumble against UGA. Failed 2-point conversion against UT in 2001. Another screen pass, Mark Ingram's 70+ yarder that took momentum back in the 2009 SECCG.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Captain Sasquatch said:
Jordan Reed's fumble against UGA. Failed 2-point conversion against UT in 2001. Another screen pass, Mark Ingram's 70+ yarder that took momentum back in the 2009 SECCG.
Ingram's play was an eye opener for me. At that point I realized they were not going to wilt. When Tebow underthrew a wide open Hernandez in the end zone in the 3rd quarter I knew it was their game.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Run Lindsey run. They show it every year, and it makes me want to :puke: every time.

Gatorphan

Founding Member
Clown Sniper
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Not a screen, but 1980 Lindsay Scott was the all time wort dagger in Gator football history.

Gatorphan

Founding Member
Clown Sniper
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Also, the LSU fake field goal in 2010

Phineus Maximus

Founding Member
Thread Killer
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
94 UF- Auburn. TD to Frank Sanders with hardly any time after a Wuerffel pick.

Gatorphan

Founding Member
Clown Sniper
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Swamp Queen said:
Frank Sanders TD catch, 1994.
Speaking of Auburn daggers, I don't know who it was, but 4th and 10 that went for the long TD in the 4th quarter against Auburn '89. We'd held them to a field goal at that point, then lost 10-7.

Swamp Queen

Founding Member
Mrs. Sasquatch
BANNED
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Bama's second chance extra point in 99 also sucked donkey balls.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Lindsay Scott the number one all-time dagger for sure.

Dunn in 1993 ranks up there.

Two I'll add:

Collins Cooper wide left in 1998, and that old fart **** UT radio guy having an orgasm as a result.

Tommie Frazier TD run in Tempe, just the sad attempt after attempt to tackle him to no avail, he looked like Bo Jackson or Christian Okoye in the old Tecmo Bowl game.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
What about that lucky bomb Fattford threw in the 2007 game? Still remember that crap.

crosscreekcooter

Founding Member
Cunning Linguist; RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Gatorphan said:
Also, the LSU fake field goal in 2010
Refs screwed UF on that play and nothing was ever said about it. It was either an incomplete pass or a fumble. On 4th down, the moment the ball hit the ground, it became Gators ball and we take a knee to run the clock out with the win.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
2003 FSU game - we almost overcame the ACC Refs and Chris Rix threw a 52 yard TD pass with less then a minute to go that won the game.

krisl648

Founding Member
Life Long Gator!
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Concrete Helmet;n39413 said:
Talking about screen passes on another thread gave me an idea for this one. What play to you as a Gator fan absolutely ripped your heart out at the time and still pisses you off the most when you recall it. Mine was the 93 FSU game when Dunn caught a screen pass and went the distance. It felt like we had the momentum and we were at home. It still makes me want to throw s*** when I think about it. Tell me yours.

This one is mine also....went to high school with the linebacker that was trying to cover Dunn, God I wanted him to plant Dunn in the turf!!!! That one hurt like hell!!!

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
NavetG8r;n39437 said:
Run Lindsey run. They show it every year, and it makes me want to :puke: every time.

I will never foget that. Probably the first time I said MF'er out load in front of my parents.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
TN G8tr said:
NavetG8r;n39437 said:

I will never foget that. Probably the first time I said MF'er out load in front of my parents.
First time I dropped an F bomb in front of mom, and I didn't get punished either.;)

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
krisl648 said:
Concrete Helmet;n39413 said:

This one is mine also....went to high school with the linebacker that was trying to cover Dunn, God I wanted him to plant Dunn in the turf!!!! That one hurt like hell!!!
The blatant block in the back downfield on the play by the Semenhole WR as Dunn headed up the sideline still chaps my ass.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.