Would Mac get this treatment?

Discussion in 'Main Sports Forum' started by '78, Nov 12, 2017.

1. T REX

T REX Well-Known Member
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $101
    Ratings:
    +4,471 / -198
    Correction...FOLEY destroyed the program. Please get it right.

2. SavannahGator

SavannahGator Behind Enemy Lines

Oxbucks:
    $46
    Ratings:
    +176 / -0
    Thanks, yes, I think Will fits in quite nicely in Columbia. He can stay there, win 8 to 9 games per year, and they will be happy.

But I want offensive excitement for us. I want Frost . I sure hope that the opening in Knoxville does not hurt our chances in getting him.

3. NavetG8r

NavetG8r Stupid

Oxbucks:
    $454
    Ratings:
    +9,287 / -61
    Apparently you missed the memo. We're getting Chip Kelly, not Scott Frost.:grin:

4. Swamp Donkey

Swamp Donkey Stop steaming up my tail!
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $1,005
    Ratings:
    +23,936 / -486
    Frost isn't going to Noxiousville. He is going to Nebraska or Gainesville.

The only other one I get slightly concerned about is maybe aTm. They can pay any amount they imagine, have a huge number of recruits avail too, and are a much closer drive for mama if she stays in Nebraska instead of moving to help babysit the new grandbaby.

aTm with SEC money is set to become a monster if they make the right hire.

5. Swamp Donkey

Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $1,005
    Ratings:
    +23,936 / -486
    He won't win eight much. He needs historically bad teams at UF and Tinerc to eek out an occasional tight win. He will settle back to his position as a guy who frustrates some OCs, fields a laughable offense, and finishes in the lower middle of the pack.

6. SavannahGator

SavannahGator Behind Enemy Lines

Oxbucks:
    $46
    Ratings:
    +176 / -0
    Have they already canned Sumlin? If not, I bet it's a foregone conclusion.

7. SGG

SGG Deplorable to the core
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $122
    Ratings:
    +1,887 / -5
    I dunno, but I’m betting Muschamp wouldn’t have gotten the same love from Jacoby Brissett....

8. lagator

lagator Senior Member

Oxbucks:
    $156
    Ratings:
    +871 / -6
    Don't fry cooks usually work their asses off? Mac was more like the paperboy who gets his dad to cover his route half the time, then goes out early to collect from customers so he can buy more weed.

9. Damien83

Damien83 Junior Member

Oxbucks:
    $4
    Ratings:
    +43 / -0
    Nothing but respect for Coach Muschamp. Hell of a coach and motivator, cared for his kids, but just couldn't figure out a productive offense. Which was his undoing. He cared about all of the kids and staff involved. Seemed very humble and down to earth. Much respect.

Butters would probably have some players feel that way but not like Muschamp does. It shows when these kids go out and bust their ass trying to beat him but still respect him in the end.

10. Swamp Donkey

Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $1,005
    Ratings:
    +23,936 / -486
    He took a big dwagshyt on our program.

Fvkk him.

11. GR8 2B

GR8 2B A Florida Gator
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $13
    Ratings:
    +856 / -15
    This. Plus, his decimation of our offensive line, in particular, and his neglect of the wide receiver position in terms of acquisition of talent and coaching, enabled Mac to hide his incompetence for his first year or so. He couldn't have inflicted as much harm on us as he did without the foundation of destruction Chump laid for him.

12. Alumni Guy

Alumni Guy Newbie

Oxbucks:
    $82
    Ratings:
    +585 / -13
    Mac would have gotten a "for old time sakes" handy from Del Rio. That's about it.

13. AugustaGator

AugustaGator Junior Member
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $112
    Ratings:
    +2,916 / -30
    Where's 99?

14. ThreatMatrix

ThreatMatrix Who's ready for some offense!
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $452
    Ratings:
    +6,819 / -105
    Chump wasn't very humble when he told fans to get a grip or accused a reporter of not knowing what a midline was.

Chump in a teaching moment showing a player how much he cares
    [​IMG]

Chumps both motivating and caring
    [​IMG]

15. gingerlover

gingerlover Junior Member

Oxbucks:
    $52
    Ratings:
    +1,034 / -4
    Those two are my favorites. The fact he put DE’s at TE and was then shocked they had hands of stone cracks me up. Westbrook cost us what 2-3 games alone.

16. Renard904

Renard904 Well-Known Member

Oxbucks:
    $15
    Ratings:
    +161 / -20
    There was one reason that I respected Champ... He was a straight shooter.

During his last year when we all knew he was a dead man walking, I used to salivate over him getting fired everyday. Then we hire Mac and from day one I missed Champ's personality. Mac was/is the worst public speaker... Ever!!!

The fact that he never gave an honest answer drove me crazy! And he would always seem like he's trying to be coy and keep information close to the vest. I gave him the benefit of the doubt at first. But when you're getting your a$$ kicked every week, it's not cute. Every year he played a game with naming a starting QB. When you're getting curb stomped weekly who cares who the QB is. He actually thought it was a good strategy to keep the opposing coaches guessing. But when you're consistently in the 100s offensively, who gives a s#!t about your QB?

Someone said this on another thread, but Mac lowered the expectations tremendously for the next coach.

It's so bad that I ALMOST wouldn't mind having Champ back. ...Almost!
    3 years ago I wouldn't have dreamed that I could fix my mouth to say that.

17. Swamp Donkey

Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $1,005
    Ratings:
    +23,936 / -486
    No he isn't. He lied in the interview undoubtedly and said the right things when he was first hired about being aggressive on offense and running a multiple offense attacking constantly. TOTAL FVKKING BS. TOTALLY.

Of course, if he admitted he wanted to play ultraconservative offense, run only, power up the middle, preferably using a goal line front with 7 offensive linemen, and hope the defense scores enough to win, he would have NEVER been hired. He eventually started leaking his dumbfvkk ideas that you win games by TOP and seemed genuinely perplexed when he some how had less points at the end of the game than the other team.

He lied. Repeatedly. There was nothing straight shooter about him.

18. gatormandan

gatormandan We wont suck long..
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $129
    Ratings:
    +4,637 / -148
  19. TheDouglas78

TheDouglas78 Well-Known Member

Oxbucks:
    $63
    Ratings:
    +3,747 / -28
    :what:

Muschamp continually lied to the fan base. Starting from his introductory press conference.