Would you take Les Miles and a decent OC?

OcalaGator83

Not Hopeful
Lifetime Member
Oct 23, 2014
I get that the thread is asking about Les Miles, but to hell with him too.

I have a question... How on God's green earth is Mac coaching one of the premier programs in college football, while Chip Kelly sits at home? That seems almost criminal.
This board rightfully gives Muschamp a hard time, but he was WAY better than Mac. At least with Champ you knew it would be a close game and the players would play hard.
Serious question: is this still a premier program after years of embarrassing irrelevancy?

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
I took it as a hypothetical scenario between choosing betweeen Les and Mac. in which case id choose Les. BUT of course I dont think thats who we should be ok getting. I think we need to seriously make a run at Chip Kelley WHILE WE CAN!

Ding, ding, ding we have a winner! Someone who realizes choosing Les over Mac isn't the same as saying Les is who we want!

Renard904

Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Serious question: is this still a premier program after years of embarrassing irrelevancy?
Absolutely. Check the recruiting rankings for proof. The fact that these kids would commit to this joke of a coach proves the brand of UF is alive and well.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
I have a question... How on God's green earth is Mac coaching one of the premier programs in college football, while Chip Kelly sits at home? That seems almost criminal.

UF's prior AD did not view UF as one of the premier programs in college football. You can see from his three football hires, Zook, a DC, Muschamp a UAL DC and McElwain, an ex-UAL OC that he viewed the prior successes of UF, under Graves, Spurrier, and even limited successes under Dickey as somehow illegitimate or maybe even offensive. Heck since Meyer was presented to him as a fait accompli, he may have felt Meyer's success was somehow illegitimate too.

So he went on this DC/UAL connection hiring binge, because he had no respect for UF football, its past and what it is. Thus we have a fan base chaffing under a style of play that does not fit UF football and as such has zero chance of success here. Until the stink of UAL and Saban is removed from this program, it is highly unlikely in my view that the program will have much success.

And you are right, Kelly, while not perfect, would be a step towards returning UF football to what UF fans demand.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
No to Less, don't care if he's an upgrade to Mac. I don't want to strive for mediocrity.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
He's getting like SOS. Too old now to think as quickly on his feet as an SEC HC needs to. His time is past. Let it go.

Swamped Gator

Sep 17, 2014
Some people paid attention. I was asking if you'd take him over Mac. I didn't say he was my preferred target.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Some people paid attention. I was asking if you'd take him over Mac. I didn't say he was my preferred target.
Id take him over Mac, but that's far from a ringing endorsement.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.