gingerlover

Lifetime Member
Sep 20, 2014
I am loving this bunch so far and the improvement they are showing. I am also loving the fact that they are looking to clean somebody's clock to clear the way. These guys have been laying some lumber on the DB's all year.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Probably been the most drastic improvement is the receiver play. We finally have some guys that scare you.we've got 3 guys that can take it to the house on any given play and 2 very good safety valves in mgee and goolsby.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Undoubtedly our biggest improvement team-wide. A product of two things: much better coaching that has inspired and driven these guys, and obvious repetition in practice so that when opportunities are there, they're not afraid and over thinking things.

And I'd agree that Callaway has raised the play of the others. We desperately needed some new blood and he's delivered.

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
And McGee and Goolsby have been all we hoped for and more at TE. Scary thought, if Goolsby had played last year, Muschamp might still be our coach. No way Goolsby drops those passes v LSU and FSU last year. Truly a case where the coaching staff didn't recognize their talent and it cost them their jobs (one of many reasons).

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The Original DC;n300095 said:
And McGee and Goolsby have been all we hoped for and more at TE. Scary thought, if Goolsby had played last year, Muschamp might still be our coach. No way Goolsby drops those passes v LSU and FSU last year. Truly a case where the coaching staff didn't recognize their talent and it cost them their jobs (one of many reasons).

What if McGee didn't break his leg in the first game. Offers Driskel and Harris a security blanket in the middle of the field that can actually catch a pass. LSU would have been a win and possibly USCe... then where are we this season?

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
And when was the last time we had a WR take somebody out and almost get a targeting foul called on them Saturday night?
Can't remember which WR it was either... but it was an impressive slobber-knocker

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Gatordiddy;n300106 said:
And when was the last time we had a WR take somebody out and almost get a targeting foul called on them Saturday night?
Can't remember which WR it was either... but it was an impressive slobber-knocker

Callaway

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
TheDouglas78;n300102 said:
What if McGee didn't break his leg in the first game. Offers Driskel and Harris a security blanket in the middle of the field that can actually catch a pass. LSU would have been a win and possibly USCe... then where are we this season?

Thank god we didnt win out last year. We would still have crazy eyes on the sideline.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Grier was growing with all our receivers. Now, can Treon make the same strides. That all starts in Jax next game.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
The Original DC said:
Scary thought, if Goolsby had played last year, Muschamp might still be our coach. No way Goolsby drops those passes v LSU and FSU last year.
If Muskskank didn't play oafs who couldn't catch at TE, he wouldn't be Muskskank.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
The difference is quite astonishing and very welcome.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Callaway may be the key to a huge WR class. Expect another true freshman to step up next year. Powell will be back, but I can't imagine DRob wants to stay another year. Fullwood is playing better but not what we need him to be. Chris Thompson is a great gunner on ST, but not a receiver. Bailey....no. Will Worton finally step up and grow up.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
alcoholica;n300383 said:
Callaway may be the key to a huge WR class. Expect another true freshman to step up next year. Powell will be back, but I can't imagine DRob wants to stay another year.
IMO either Drob or Taylor leaving early is a poor move. They aren't top draft picks at the moment. Staying and getting to put up nice numbers behind a functioning OL will drastically improve their stock.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
TheDouglas78;300102 said:

There's a reason that Westbrook was the MVP last year.

Swamped Gator

Sep 17, 2014
TheDouglas78;n300102 said:

Don't forget FSU barely squeaked by us.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n300396 said:
IMO either Drob or Taylor leaving early is a poor move. They aren't top draft picks at the moment. Staying and getting to put up nice numbers behind a functioning OL will drastically improve their stock.

I don't disagree, but given the injuries we've seen at RB, I won't blame Taylor. As for DRob, I just get the feeling he wants out of school. He'd get drafted but probably around the 5th round give or take depending on combine results. It's certainly not a decision based on production

Swamped Gator

Sep 17, 2014
Callaway has been special. Not just electric with the ball in his hands, but a heck of a possession receiver. He's made some sick catches already. He's only going to get better and better with this coaching staff. His only limit will be QB play and how that improves. Powell is a threat to take it to the house any time he is hit with a crossing route. D-Rob has made some very flashy catches and has had some big plays breaking tackles for a first down. Even though he dances too much, he still has gotten some nice yards after the catch. McGee has been lights out as far as a safety valve. He just doesn't drop the ball. Throw it in his area and he will snag it.

I can't wait to see this coaching staff in a year or two once they start recruiting all their players and developing the young ones already here.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
The WRs this year reminds me of some of the SOS groups. The stats are not even close but the catches are sometimes amazing. I have seen more circus type catches this year than ever before................Coaching,,,,,,,,coaching.........coaching............Good job, jeremy ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.